PCOS and sex drive

Hello :) it’s been a while!

Recently I have been diagnosed with PCOS (PolyCystic Ovaries Syndrome in case you don’t know). One of the main symptoms for me is pelvic pain which can make sex painful. On top of this my sex drive has taken a bit of a nose dive lately 😢

I was wondering if anyone here suffered also? I am working on myself at the moment and trying to rebuild my sex drive. I have found that by reading erotic literature I can get myself in the game again. I prefer tangible books so any suggestions welcomed!

Hope you’re all keeping well :)

I’m a fellow suffer of PCOS so can feel your frustration! The only thing that really helped me was the correct medication... and usually I shy away from too many pills and potions! Once my hormone level was balanced again and all the associated side effects settled I found that I became more confident again in myself, and my body. With that confidence my sex life changed dramatically!

*Raises hand*

Was diagnosed about 20 years ago now, the full gammute of terrible skin, furriness, and erratic/ absent then sometimes horrific periods. Still considered a miracle to this day that I got pregnant after only 4 months of trying in my mid-thirties.

Never heard that pelvic pain was a symptom though, that is interesting. Sex drive is difficult though (too many damned hormones!) on top of all the other reasons why a sex drive may be under stress. Sounds like you have a plan though, in terms of knowing what helps, so I wish you the very best with some tasty reading!

I was diagnosed when I was 16 with a blood test, but was never told how bad it was, all I was told was, that it will highly unlikely that I will have children, at the age of 16 it never bothered me, few years later I our daughter, 5 years later I had our son, then 6 years later I had another boy, few years ago I had gallstones, they done a internal scan and was told that I don’t have PCOS anymore :woman_shrugging: they told me it could of sorted itself out