Pear Shaped Lingerie Woes

I am a classic pear shaped lady with a big bottom and thunder thighs. I usually opt for flowy baby dolls and dresses to hide my large derriere. However, I'm bored of my safe choices and want to surprise my fiance with something a little more raunchy. I really love the pinup girls and was thinking of going down that path with a corset / bustier and thigh high stockings.

Thing is, I'm not sure how flattering that look is going to be on me. I have smaller boobs (36B) and waist so I feel like while I would appreciate the cinching effect of a corset, I'm not well endowed enough on top. On the flip side, my bum and thighs would be in full display and I've always been insecure about these areas which is why I tend to cover them up.

I'm considering thigh highs but currently LH only has a regular and a plus size available. I'm a UK12 so I feel like the plus size may be too loose, yet I have quite the bombastic pair of thighs and I'm afraid that the regular size would eat into my flesh and look unsightly (think the muffin top effect, but on the thighs instead). I really like the idea of the look but I'm not sure if it's just going to be too unflattering / unsuitable given my body shape.

I tried to weedle some clues out of my fiance but he sticks too closely to the "you look gorgeous in anything" mantra for me to pluck anything out of him without ruining the surprise.

I've never been good at dressing myself so I thought I'd seek some opinions here. c:

speaking from a male point of view, and with similar situation as your OH (my OH is very consious of her body), we mean it when we say you will look good in anything, and i can assure you when a lovely lady in stockings and corset comes out, we are awlways excited by it.

you will always see your body in worse light that anyone else, so just go for it and if your OH does love you as you are, then he will love it.

I'd second that. Your OH that loves you to bits and has seen your body lots of times, really isn't going to focus on what you think of as your less favourite parts with an outfit like that to distract him. You may well find that he really likes those parts of you anyway.

Minkish Minx wrote:

I am a classic pear shaped lady with a big bottom and thunder thighs. I usually opt for flowy baby dolls and dresses to hide my large derriere. However, I'm bored of my safe choices and want to surprise my fiance with something a little more raunchy. I really love the pinup girls and was thinking of going down that path with a corset / bustier and thigh high stockings.

Thing is, I'm not sure how flattering that look is going to be on me. I have smaller boobs (36B) and waist so I feel like while I would appreciate the cinching effect of a corset, I'm not well endowed enough on top. On the flip side, my bum and thighs would be in full display and I've always been insecure about these areas which is why I tend to cover them up.

I'm considering thigh highs but currently LH only has a regular and a plus size available. I'm a UK12 so I feel like the plus size may be too loose, yet I have quite the bombastic pair of thighs and I'm afraid that the regular size would eat into my flesh and look unsightly (think the muffin top effect, but on the thighs instead). I really like the idea of the look but I'm not sure if it's just going to be too unflattering / unsuitable given my body shape.

I tried to weedle some clues out of my fiance but he sticks too closely to the "you look gorgeous in anything" mantra for me to pluck anything out of him without ruining the surprise.

I've never been good at dressing myself so I thought I'd seek some opinions here. c:

Hey MM

You sound like you're a very similar size and shape to me and the look you're aspiring to try out is exactly what I go for when I want to look and feel sexy - I also love the pin-up retro look. 

Personally, even though I have a larger-than-average arse (which definitely does NOT balance my boobs), I actually quite like making the most of it as I feel this is my 'key feature' I guess haha. 

I would recommend if you go for a corset, go for an underbust or a waspie as this will pull you in at just the waist, and you can still wear a push up bra to amplify your breasts if you want to. You'll be amazed though at how effective a steel boned corset is at pulling in your waist and enhancing your bust size all at once. 

When standing up, my thighs measure 22 inches around, and I find that standard sized stockings fit me perfectly, however I sometimes struggle with certain hold ups. I don't know your leg size, but if your thighs measure more than about 25 inches around you might want to try plus size, but probably only if you're going for hold ups, as opposed to stockings. In stockings you'll probably find regular size is spot on for you. Personally I prefer 'proper' stockings because they have more stretch in the top and are far far less likely to roll down and dig in when accompanied by a decent suspender belt. 

I'll link you to a few things that I've had success with both on-stage and in the bedroom, that I think would work for you: 

Classic Satin Steel Boned Waspie Corset

Classic Satin Steel Boned Underbust Corset

Coquette Stretch Lace Skirt with Suspenders

Kiss Me Lace Suspender Belt

Rene Rofe Cincher Suspender Belt

Lovehoney Sheer Thigh High Stockings

Leg Avenue Cuban Heel Two Tone Stockings

Leg Avenue Cuban Heel Stockings

The ones I've put in bold are my 'go to' things and products I can't recommend highly enough. Particularly the Leg Avenue stockings - the wide top is super soft and never ever digs in. 

Even though the corsets come with suspender straps, I always wear mine with a separate suspender belt as I find the fit is better. Unfortunately, we no longer sell my favourite suspender belt, but if you're looking for extra support and an even more fail-safe way to wear your stockings, I'd recommend hunting around online for a good quality 6 strap suspender belt.

To be honest, a decent deep suspender belt, combined with a set of seamed stockings and heels is all you need for the ultimate pin up bombshell look! Anything else is just extra!

Yes,believe your OH! 99.9999% of the time we actually mean it when we say you look good!

Well, as one pear to another, just go for it. I like flowing baby dolls and I like corsets. I too am a 36 bust, measure a size 12 at the waist but my hips are 48 inches. I would have been the height of fashion in the 1900s and all those corsets and maybe also the 50s!

Maybe the problem is not what to wear but how you feel, your self-esteem and confidence, and that is actually the biggest turn on in the bedroom.

Have you thought about this ? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30927

it comes in different colours and your boobs would be on show, so focused on by your OH. This also means that you don't have to worrie about a cup size not fitting you. I think it's really sexy and I would but it but my OH isn't into open cup stuff. The model in the black version is obviously curvy and I'm sure you would look great in it.

Worth a try?

WillC wrote:

Yes,believe your OH! 99.9999% of the time we actually mean it when we say you look good!

chris1066 wrote:

I'd second that. Your OH that loves you to bits and has seen your body lots of times, really isn't going to focus on what you think of as your less favourite parts with an outfit like that to distract him. You may well find that he really likes those parts of you anyway.

Lovinthetoys wrote:

speaking from a male point of view, and with similar situation as your OH (my OH is very consious of her body), we mean it when we say you will look good in anything, and i can assure you when a lovely lady in stockings and corset comes out, we are awlways excited by it.

you will always see your body in worse light that anyone else, so just go for it and if your OH does love you as you are, then he will love it.

Thank you guys! c: I guess you're right, I'm a lot harsher on my body than he is. He has mentioned that he likes my butt many times so hopefully this won't be an unpleasant surprise for him. I get this unwelcome thought of him trying to stifle his laughter as I sexily sashay in. D:

Oh get thee behind me, evil, self-deprecating thoughts. >:[

Still, thanks so much for the male perspective. It really helps to have a reminder once in a while. c:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Minkish Minx wrote:

Hey MM

You sound like you're a very similar size and shape to me and the look you're aspiring to try out is exactly what I go for when I want to look and feel sexy - I also love the pin-up retro look.

Personally, even though I have a larger-than-average arse (which definitely does NOT balance my boobs), I actually quite like making the most of it as I feel this is my 'key feature' I guess haha.

I would recommend if you go for a corset, go for an underbust or a waspie as this will pull you in at just the waist, and you can still wear a push up bra to amplify your breasts if you want to. You'll be amazed though at how effective a steel boned corset is at pulling in your waist and enhancing your bust size all at once.

When standing up, my thighs measure 22 inches around, and I find that standard sized stockings fit me perfectly, however I sometimes struggle with certain hold ups. I don't know your leg size, but if your thighs measure more than about 25 inches around you might want to try plus size, but probably only if you're going for hold ups, as opposed to stockings. In stockings you'll probably find regular size is spot on for you. Personally I prefer 'proper' stockings because they have more stretch in the top and are far far less likely to roll down and dig in when accompanied by a decent suspender belt.

I'll link you to a few things that I've had success with both on-stage and in the bedroom, that I think would work for you:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25501

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25502

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32977

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29834

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26256

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30689

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=3242

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=10024

The ones I've put in bold are my 'go to' things and products I can't recommend highly enough. Particularly the Leg Avenue stockings - the wide top is super soft and never ever digs in.

Even though the corsets come with suspender straps, I always wear mine with a separate suspender belt as I find the fit is better. Unfortunately, we no longer sell my favourite suspender belt, but if you're looking for extra support and an even more fail-safe way to wear your stockings, I'd recommend hunting around online for a good quality 6 strap suspender belt.

To be honest, a decent deep suspender belt, combined with a set of seamed stockings and heels is all you need for the ultimate pin up bombshell look! Anything else is just extra!

(I'm actually having a little fan girl moment here because I've been such a fan of you and your style since I watched Frisky Business and first found out about Lovehoney. xD)

Thank you so much for your suggestions! It's really really helpful, and those underbust corsets could be just what I'm looking for. I particularly like http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25502. The waspie one you linked is super hot but I think the pesky lower tummy would appreciate a little more coverage, heh.

My thighs are about 23 inches standing so hopefully the regular ones will fit me. I love the Leg Avenue Two Toned ones as well as Lovehoney's, so I think I might just try them out! Although after reading some of the reviews, I think I might try the plus size for the Lovehoney pair since some ladies with slimmer legs than me found the regular a little fitting.

Also, I'm sorely tempted by that Coquette skirt - might be a good way to ease myself into revealing my derriere a little more. I think I really might go with a separate suspender belt since I'm just unable to resist them. Those lacey ones are just so so sexy. :3

Thank you so much again, you've given me a lot of helpful advice to work with.

Maano wrote:

Well, as one pear to another, just go for it. I like flowing baby dolls and I like corsets. I too am a 36 bust, measure a size 12 at the waist but my hips are 48 inches. I would have been the height of fashion in the 1900s and all those corsets and maybe also the 50s!

Maybe the problem is not what to wear but how you feel, your self-esteem and confidence, and that is actually the biggest turn on in the bedroom.

Yeah I totally wish I was from that era too! Although I really think that pinups are going to be hot forever so at least we've got that going for us. xD Here's to big hips and fabulous curves. ![](upload://vsZAqK62RaQWD13ReBk2BlQBseS.gif)

You're totally right. I think I'm going to give whichever set I decide on a little test run just to build my confidence in it. I think I'm going to wear it under my regular outfit to up the sneaky little surprise factor. /squirms in anticipation.

Fun Louise wrote:

Have you thought about this ? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30927

it comes in different colours and your boobs would be on show, so focused on by your OH. This also means that you don't have to worrie about a cup size not fitting you. I think it's really sexy and I would but it but my OH isn't into open cup stuff. The model in the black version is obviously curvy and I'm sure you would look great in it.

Worth a try?

That is so sexy! I don't know if I have the balls to wear something like that though. Wish I looked as good as she does. I'm not sure how he feels about open cups, but my guess is that maybe he wouldn't be complaining that much. ![](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif) We'll see how my bravery goes. Thank you so much for that suggestion!

Women eh? My Oh surprised me a while back with a saucy outfit,i was like the cat that got the cream and couldn`t stop laughing,my OH instinctively thought i was laughing at her,even though i`ve never done so in 34 years together! She knows that if i win something or life goes my way,i can`t stop smiling and laughing,yet she automatically thought the worst,despite me saying she looked amazing! We just can`t win!

Oh Minx you're lovely, and really far far to kind - thank you! hehe. 

I know what you mean about the waspie vs. underbust corset coverage thing. I tend to wear my waspie more like daily clothing (over the top of dresses and tops for example), whereas the longer underbust corset is my go-to when it's going to be the 'main event', if you know what I mean ;) 

I forgot to link you to this one yesterday, which is another firm favourite of mine. The bones are plastic in this one though, so not quite as supportive as the steel boned ones, but still a nice fit I find :) 

Have fun! 

I also want to chim in here that you may enjoy a bodystocking if you are going for a bit more "rauncy"... it would create one long "look" across your entire body and not "cut off" at the thighs.

I just got the Lovehoney Plunge C-Neck Crothchless Bodystocking and it is on a serious sale right now so not a huge investment. Super stretchy! Another foumn member had recommended trying one to me and seriously something I had never considered but really HOT on. I will be posting a review on this one soon.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?=30697

I love the neckline on this one as it brings the eyes "up" and features the cleavage area.

I'm surprised that you think that a UK12 is plus-size, when I was a UK12 I'm sure I was only wearing medium-large things. It sounds like we have a very similar body type, but just completely different views of it! I've always been flat-chested (often below A cup) and all of my weight on my bum hips and thighs, but I always saw them as my best features! Like you, my partner always told me I had a nice bum, unlike you, I just took him at his word and started wearing skimpy thongs. It went down a treat. I don't like wearing corset corsets, they're too stiff and awkward (although they look amazing) but if you wanted something similar-ish while actually accentuating below the waist, I love this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32057 . The detailing on the breast also helps make it look more balanced, although it's really your bum that's the star of the show in it! (Also, for this size 10-12 is only medium!)

Have you tried wearing a bodystocking? I think they're flattering on all body shapes, they're comfy and look hot.

Ooops, I'm so bad at watching my own thread. Sorry for the late response!!

WillC wrote:

Women eh? My Oh surprised me a while back with a saucy outfit,i was like the cat that got the cream and couldn`t stop laughing,my OH instinctively thought i was laughing at her,even though i`ve never done so in 34 years together! She knows that if i win something or life goes my way,i can`t stop smiling and laughing,yet she automatically thought the worst,despite me saying she looked amazing! We just can`t win!

Heh. xD Do forgive us. Society is pretty hard on women since it's so easy to chase an ideal beauty that makes us question ourselves. Still, our moments of weakness are perfect times for guys like you to remind us - so please do keep reminding us! And when we wrench ourselves out of that pit of self doubt because of your reminders - that's when you get your win. c:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Oh Minx you're lovely, and really far far to kind - thank you! hehe.

I know what you mean about the waspie vs. underbust corset coverage thing. I tend to wear my waspie more like daily clothing (over the top of dresses and tops for example), whereas the longer underbust corset is my go-to when it's going to be the 'main event', if you know what I mean ;)

I forgot to link you to http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29592 yesterday, which is another firm favourite of mine. The bones are plastic in this one though, so not quite as supportive as the steel boned ones, but still a nice fit I find :)

Have fun!

I'm totally sold on the waspie now! I love lingerie that sneaks out of the bedroom and I think wearing a waspie over one of my work blouses is going to drive the fiance nuts (I fully intend to go to work that way, waspie, thigh highs and all xD).

I ended up getting this one: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16658

I was going to get the first one that you linked me in your first post but was a little thrown since I saw that there was only one size available. Pretty happy with my choice though, it looks fantastic and the reviews are so good. I'll have to pick up the Coquette Lace Skirt and Waist Cincher eventually. They are so gorgeous but I'm working on a budget now since I just bought a new set of Je Joue kegel balls. Yummy!

Vanessa8 wrote:

I also want to chim in here that you may enjoy a bodystocking if you are going for a bit more "rauncy"... it would create one long "look" across your entire body and not "cut off" at the thighs.

I just got the Lovehoney Plunge C-Neck Crothchless Bodystocking and it is on a serious sale right now so not a huge investment. Super stretchy! Another foumn member had recommended trying one to me and seriously something I had never considered but really HOT on. I will be posting a review on this one soon.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?=30697

I love the neckline on this one as it brings the eyes "up" and features the cleavage area.

I actually haven't thought of body stockings before! Truth be told, I've never really enjoyed wearing stockings very much since the weather is perpetually hot and humid where I come from.

I had a peek at the one you linked me and it is so sexy! I'll definitely bookmark this for a future purchase. I'm not sure how well it will be received but my curiosity and interest are definitely piqued! Thank you for drawing my attention to this!

Petrichor wrote:

I'm surprised that you think that a UK12 is plus-size, when I was a UK12 I'm sure I was only wearing medium-large things. It sounds like we have a very similar body type, but just completely different views of it! I've always been flat-chested (often below A cup) and all of my weight on my bum hips and thighs, but I always saw them as my best features! Like you, my partner always told me I had a nice bum, unlike you, I just took him at his word and started wearing skimpy thongs. It went down a treat. I don't like wearing corset corsets, they're too stiff and awkward (although they look amazing) but if you wanted something similar-ish while actually accentuating below the waist, I love this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32057 . The detailing on the breast also helps make it look more balanced, although it's really your bum that's the star of the show in it! (Also, for this size 10-12 is only medium!)

Oh! I actually have to go for the plus size stockings because my thighs (in addition to my bum) are disproportionately large. I was worried that the top of the regular size stockings would dig into my fleshy thighs too much, that'd be so unsightly! I do like my butt, but I think I'm mostly thrown by my thighs and since most butt revealing lingerie reveal the thighs, I've mostly kept my distance until now.

That chemise set is gorgeous, definitely on my wishlist! ♥

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

Have you tried wearing a bodystocking? I think they're flattering on all body shapes, they're comfy and look hot.

I haven't actually considered bodystockings since I thought that they'd play up my flaws (flabs flabs flabs D:). After reading about how they can look flattering, I think I might eventually take the plunge and try one of those. c: