Penis pumps

My partner and I have been discussing penis pumps. I'm aware they require long term use to see a permanent change. Are they helpful for increasing size and girth immediately before sex though? As in, pump and feel the benefit during sex straight away. If so, how long would he need to pump for?

Heya! I reviewed this a few years ago!

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38540

As with all toys your results will vary, but for me I find after some time they make me harder, both during sex and just random boners throughout the day/night. Can't comment on their help with ED or similar issues though.

Generally speaking, I don't think they actually increase size (I don't think penile tissue can increase or expand permanantly) but you can improve bloodflow to the area from regular use which means fuller, harder, and more satisfying erections.

A good idea is pumping and immediately slapping on a cock ring, to keep your newly acquired gains :D

Hope that helps.

Thanks. We're not thinking about it for ED, its more a curious "wonder what happens" thing. We love trying new things (don't we all!). We've used cock rings before and we both noticed a difference. He's not too keen on the tightness of rings sometimes though. Your review was helpful :) I should go read more and see what's good for beginners.

I've had one on test for a long time now and I use it 2 or 3 times a week. I've noticed an increase in girth when flacid but no noticeable increase in size when erect yet. I also understand that any effects disappear again if use is discontinued.

They way to use them before sex is to pump them to obtsin an erection then slip a cock ring over the base of the penis to maintain the erection.

I have found the penis pump increases size and girth very quickly 5 mins however I have found the effect is lost very quickly once presure is released. This may be because of my ED but a cock ring help a lot. I have a rubber adjustable one which means tightness can be adjusted.

I’ve always been curious about using one too but don’t really want any side effects. Are you able to see the different in length and girth?

As long as you are sensible and don’t pump too hard or for too long then there aren’t any long term (side) effects.

The pump I used to play with (LH don’t sell it any more) had as part of the instructions that you should release the pressure at frequent intervals and then pump again to slowly build the pressure back up.

The temptation is always to pump too hard for too long but start slowly and gently (and not for too long) and the temporary effects will be very obvious.

As with most things, if it starts to hurt – stop.

To answer the original post, would one of the adjustable rings (like the Big Daddy) work for you?

That way you could have the ring on but loose before you started pumping and then tighten it before releasing the pressure ready for sex

Iv been looking into the same thing as it’s seems to be more common than I first thought. I was interested in results it seem to be mixed results and long term. Although many say it’s enhances it for short periods after and not long term. I have also read that it can do more damage than good if you use it to much and it’s put me off with out actually knowing what I’m doing I was worried it might strain or have more negative impact for not much gain.

To MR,

As I understand it there is no science to support the idea there will be any long term size increase but as long as you start slowly and gently and enjoy it then what is the harm?

For me I had tight foreskin and pumping helped enormously, also just the pumping and release can be very stimulating for solo play.

If you are a bit over eager with pumping then there will be discolouration for a day or two but it all goes back to normal.

I think the important thing is don't pump too hard (and certainly not where pain is involved) or too long and release regularly..

Just start slowly and enjoy :)