Pet Play?

Ok so OH and myself were talking bout diff aspects of play (role play etc) and this came up. Basically I never hear much about it so was just wondering if anyone who participates in it or knows about it can give opinions or clearer idea?

Just find myself curious about it as never really heard much of it.

thanks xx

Honestly I'd never heard of it. I did just have to google it.

I found this video if this helps. (I didn't watch) but it might explain some of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHvBEwXilmw

I don't know much about pet play, aside from some basics. I know that some people enjoy pet play, pony play etc within BDSM relationships.

There is also the Furry Fandom (Google this for detailed wiki entry, which also has a section devoted to sexual play)

But I do not know enough to give you much more here. I suspect the links from Wiki will lead you down paths yet discovered though!

I know several people in the Furry community but most of the desire there is in the cartoon styled "fursuits" rather than the role-play of one acting as an animal. The people I know personally would infact both be enacting as animal in a given situation.

I would expect Pet Play to be different in that it would be more realistic styled role play of a human and a pet and include some accessories/costume but without the full scale suit that most 'Furries' asscociate with.

That being said, I know nothing of actual pet play and am only basing an assumption x

Yeah the only experience I have had with this is hearing about it within the BDSM community (In the context of leashes, saddles, butt plug tails and having a sub act within an animal role - eating from a bowl on the floor, petting, putting on collar and leads and more)

Other than that and the Furry community, which I know little about. As you said jazzam, the desire to be part of the furry community is different for everyone, but I think for some it is sexual. From what it says on Wiki, about a third of the Furry community indulge in sex, or have a sexual desire that is relating to their furry...role?. It seems that sexual activity in the Furry community is known seperately as "Yiffing" So I guess it does happen, for some but not the majority.

You are right though...it must be hard to indulge in sexual activity in full on suits. I saw a video once of a guy who had made a full blown furry suit (I think he was a kangaroo) with big furry tescticles and a hole in the front and back....lets just say he was not pretending to be a cute teddy bear in that video! There was definite....action going on lol

Anyway as you can see....not much of a clue lol.

Thanks guys, just when we were talking he mentioned someone who knows told him they were into it and I was curious...firstly because OH is very shy so him talking about sex with anyone else (other than usual male bravado with best mate) was a surprise and secondly because its something I hadn't heard of really and I wanted to know a bit more. Fluffbags I may take your advice and have a look on everyones reliable friend google haa. Thank you xx

I might invest in some kinky cat suit look once this gal gets a reliable experimentor! Not sure if I would go fur though..most likely leather/ leather ette. Maybe a bit hal berry Catwoman! ( I think this might be a Dom side of me wanting out) But I need to seriously do gym work to pull it off! Lol

Haa I would love a cat suit like that naughty mum, however I would have to lose a few.stone to pull that look off xx

Google is the way forward in most things I suppose =D

& Yeah Fluff I'd probably agree with that. Although I know you can get half suits (tail, paws, ears etc)
And there is of course sexual desire within it, even if you do not indulge in wearing the suits to bed. There is plenty of imagery around for a sexual use, as my friend used to occasionally use my laptop to aquire his material (with my permission of course) prior to his parents discovering his habits/desires.

I never really understood it personally... but I'm open to all walks of life that don't involve harming children or animals... And I think at the time we were the only people my friend knew who were even sexually active and thus likely to be able to discuss anything at length.

Hey @AA not all forms of pony play are harsher than puppy play, plus there's more than one type of puppy play.

There's play puppies who mostly like to be played with, walking, throwing balls, etc. Then there's training puppies which are often treated more strictly. And the same with pony play, you have play ponies, who basically are just groomed and dressed for show, cart ponies who pull carts etc.

Ah here's a site that's pretty good at explkaining it:

http://www.cpony.com/home/ponies/riding.html

I've rather enjoyed riding and cart ponies, and have trained a pony to perform tricks for show before which was fun. I should be training a new pony soon, but will see what style will suit us both the best before deciding what type they are.

There are loads of pet and pony clubs around the UK, and events such as hunting with human ponies and dogs, cart racing, cat and dog beauty shows. It's all very interesting. To some pet and pony play isn't sexual at all, just like many areas in BDSM. Some like being owned, others liked being trained, some like how it takes them away from the stressed of everyday human life.

I know many furries too, but generally they are very different to BDSM pets. I interviewed a few furries last year at gay pride, and to them it didn't have a link to anything sexual, more just an alternative lifestyle.

Anyway, BDSM pet play, is very interesting indeed, and while I make acute cat, I really enjoy the Mistress and training side to it.

Jazzam I agree, not something I really know about but I understand that everyone enjoys.different things and tbh the way Avrielle_Aniko has explained it I can kind of.see the appeal. But yeah if anyome has any other experiences/views I'd love to hear about them x

Hi Lady Ness thanks for your info, I think it could be an interesting area to.explore and maybe go into the one day category xx

Yep, this is one I've heard of before. I ended up watching a documentary about it one day because I was really confused by it all, but it's been going on for a lot longer than you might think. The correct term for it is autozoophilia.

I think animal play originated in American Indian tribes who used to partake in a lot of spiritual work, like getting into the mind and spirit of other people, and even animals once they had passed away to try and ensure they had an easy passing. Obviously, this might have nothing to do with it and might just be some sort of ritual, but this was the start of the documentary.

As I watched the documentary, I actually found myself understanding the appeal, well, the cat aspect anyway. The dog and pony was maybe too much for my liking. But with the cat play it was all about seductive feline movements, and being stroked and looked after, and it all just seemed really lovely and quite relaxing! I've never tried it though, I don't find it a turn on, but at that moment I kind of 'got' why people liked it. Some people just like the aspect of mentally being out of the human mindset and obviously there's the nature of someone taking care of you and all the affection that comes along with it.

There's totally different aspects of it, someone can play a kitten at home and just do it for a bit of fun, whereas others prefer to go into it. A it more. For example when they were talkinfn about pony play, some of the people would enjoy it beig fully dressed up, to the point of wearing masks, tails and even having their arms and legs bound together individually, so they were walking on their knees and elbows. Someone even made modified 'hooves' that had a lot of cushioning and padding to protect their knees and elbows meaning they could remain in the mental state for longer because they were more comfortable. To the point where some people chose to live like that 24/7 whereas others refered to themselves as 'hybrids' and it was a regular but a part time experience.

Personally I think it's a sort of 'expansion pack' of a Dom/sub relationship, most (but not all) Dom/sub relationships involve a colar and lead, and I believe this role play is just an expansion of that.

I agree with what AA said earlier, pony play tends to focus more on the strict training, and it a more advanced state of pet play. As Ness said earlier there are different types of play, like cart play, riding play and show pony play, but this can be applied to anything anyone does sexually, it's just about what individual people prefer. Puppy play is more like gentle training with playful aspects, but some of then go to the full extremes and the 'puppy' will have to use puppy pads, sleep in a cage, and eat from a bowl. Cat or kitten play is genrally just about the love, affection and just having a nice cuddle! There's also cow play, that hasn't been mentioned. This tends to be for people who have been into pet play, but become pregnant or want to become pregnant. It's focus is more on lactation and impregnation.

I did find a lot of different aspects when watching it though, for example there was a Dom/sub relationship and the female was the sub. She changed into a cat woman, but he kept referring to her as a stray and she was acting a bit wild and more dominant than she would if she was being submissive, so maybe for some people it's a break from being submissive? I don't really know, I think it really is just a matter of personal opinion and what suits the people involved.

Obviously, all of the above is fully consensual between players/partners, and safe words were always used. Jeeze I'm surprised I've remembered so much of this considering I watched it about 3/4 years ago. But I enjoy watching documentaries about different aspects of sex to just get a broader understanding of it, it's really interesting. This particular one was a part of a series which involved age play, gender play and general role play. It was pretty interesting!