Pjur woman cream glide smooth lubricant 100ml info

Hi all you lovely people working at lovehoney,

yesterday I purchased the Pjur cream glide smooth lubricant 100ml, but before doing so I asked on the live help chat if it it suitable for use with silicone toys, of which we came to the conclusion of not risking using it with them as we didn't know the actual silicone content of the lubricant. This is the one I am referring to if anyone is unsure;

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20766

So, I emailed Pjur customer service direct yesterday shortly after, and asked them and they confirmed it IS safe to use with all sex toy materials including silicone.

I have copied and pasted my email to show you all:

Dear ........, (I have left my name blank for obvious reasons)

Thank you very much for your E-Mail and for using our products.

We hereby confirm that our pjur® Woman Cream glide does not affected Materials, such as rubber, glass, latex and silicone.

We hope that the above would be helpful and remain

with kindest regards

pjur group Luxembourg S.A.

Customer Service.

I just thought you'd be interested to know this, and be able to maybe put it on the product description and/or help others who have the same query regarding it as I did. Hope I have been of some help.

ronnie-baby.

xx

Lovehoney - Hella Rouge wrote:

Customer service came through to chat to me about this and I'll give you the full reasons for us saying no :)

The jury is still very much out as to whether it's safe to use silicone lube on silicone toys. I've read papers advising that silicone lube won't affect medical-grade silicone toys, but there's no solid proof for saying eithe way. There's also more confusion about realistic materials containing silicone and whether this has an effect on how the silicone lube behaves.

I want to conduct some experiments here at LH HQ and I have raised it as a possibility to run our own tests, but nothing's happened yet.

In the meantime, I'm not about to run the risk of destroying my treasured silicone toys and neither should you, so I always suggest avoiding silicon lubes on silicone. Plus, if we told you it was OK and it did melt your beloved vibe or dildo, it would be our negligence that caused the error to happen and you'd be mad at us...and rightly so!

If you're up for going on Pjur's suggestion, then do let us know how you get on. :)

Hi Hella,

I think the experiments would be very helpful and useful, I too have also heard that it's safe to use silicone lube with medical grade silicone toys but have been too scared to try it out. I understand completely where you're coming from as regards to saying it's safe then end up with people angry at their ruined toys at the hands of lovehoney, and I think it's very good that you are honest with your customers and stipulate this with them. I for one would be one of those very angry customers, and seeing as most of my entire collection is made up of Tantus products, I wouldn't be v ery happy if I ended up destroying .what is now probably over £200 worth in my toy box

In no means was I trying to say or imply that I found the live help chat unhelpful yesterday, as always, everyone at lovehoney are brilliant when it comes to helping their customers and I can't thoroughly recommend you enough, nor was I trying to undermine you as a company by going direct to Pjur. I just wanted to see what they would say on the subject matter and for my own personal reasons. I may take the pluge and try it out on my 'least' favourite toy which is going to be a hard task of choosing, but I have to say that if it does have an adverse reaction, I will still be extremely upset, but you can rest assured I won't come banging down lovehoney's door screaming at you for ruining my Tantus dildo. (It'll be Pjurs! lol.)

Thanks for your post and taking the time to reply.

ronnie-baby.

xx

I'll look forward to seeing how it goes then if they decide to let you loose on the silicone toys with the lubes.lol.

I know it's hard to tell the good quality pure silicone vibes/dildos from the not so good/mixture of materials ones, that's why I've only ever really purchased Tantus unless I know the company and it says medical grade silicone- fun factory for example. I had a few of those which have been great, one a few yrs ago that I purchased from a well known adult shop on the hight street, which I wouldn't even touch now I've found lovehoney. It was a fun factory rechargable one with the charger port and was a long/thick g-spot vibrator. Thinking back on it now I was puzzled and confused as to why a sex toy would need a curved head on it, lol, oh the early days! I tried it a couple times and banished it to the rubbish bin as I never really understood it. I was still fairly young and naive, and not knowing really what to do with it. I am gutted now though, I definately should've kept it, costed me over £55 as well, and at that time and age that seemed alot of money, and it was 100% medical grade silicone. I never really did understand why it costed so much.lol. Now I know.

*Kicks herself in the teeth!*

xx

Just a point - this lube seems like Liquid Silk - contains a silicone oil but is basically water based:-

Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

It does not say if the list is in order of percentage or not but perhaps it is primarily a propylene glycol/water based lube. Propylene glycol is, BTW, what you get in good quality anti-freeze - "do you prefer Bluecol or Car-Plan dear..." 8-)=

Whether toys melt can be a really hit or miss thing. Back along I sorted out a load of toys I wanted rid of and put them all in a box to be sent off to the amnesty. It was months before I got around to posting them, and I was quite impressed when I eventually got around to it and none of the toys had melted.

A while later, I put a rabbit back in my toy box and couldn't be bothered to put it in its bag so I just slung it in there. A week later, it had started to melt.

The only toys that have turned themselves into a mess have been the Jelly type - they had been put in a plastic bag to prevent the smell escaping and had partially fused together and left a layer of plasticiser on the bag.

About the only things we now have that are possibly not silicone are some cock-rings that are totally clear and although bought as silicone I'm given to understand that this clear material can't be silicone

Gyrator53 wrote:

The only toys that have turned themselves into a mess have been the Jelly type - they had been put in a plastic bag to prevent the smell escaping and had partially fused together and left a layer of plasticiser on the bag.

About the only things we now have that are possibly not silicone are some cock-rings that are totally clear and although bought as silicone I'm given to understand that this clear material can't be silicone

I've experienced this with standard plastic bags and a few designer bags. I put two jelly toys which I got from here into zpm weekender bags(http://www.zpm.com/products/travel/weekender/default.aspx) and they melted through, but the medical grade silicone toys haven't even left a mark. Rather upset about it as they aren't cheap storage bags. I'm not even sure if the jelly toys were silicone or had silicone in them. :/

I'd be very interested to here how a patch test goes.

I will keep you informed re: the patch test.

xx