Pjur woman cream glide smooth lubricant patch test my silicone vibrator.

Ok, here goes;

I recently purchased the above named lubricant off of LH and spoke to customer service as to if it was suitable for use with silicone toys, of which I was advised not to risk it as the silicone content is unknown. I have since emailed Pjur direct to approach them with this question of which they advised me that it is safe to use with all sex toy materials including silicone. I started a thread telling this to LH, but still was advised to not use it with them just in case, which is understandable and very good of them to be honest with me. But, it was suggested that if I was to do a 'Patch Test' to let you all know how I get on.

This Pjur lube is a silcone and water based hybrid mix, quite similar to liquid silk but the silicone content still remains unknown, and having tried liquid silk with my silicone toys they were absolutely fine but it only contains 2% silicone in it, so not really enough to do any real damage.

If anyone is interested as to which Pjur lube I am referring to, it is this one;

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20766

So, I have taken the plunge and decided to test it out on one of my 'least' favourite toys, a fairly expensive one (£40) that claimed to be 100% silicone but I am not totally convinced, hence why I'm testing this particular toy in my colection as if it doesn't react with it then my game is less likely to react with my lovelier 'medical grade pure' silicone toys. It is made by manufacturer Mae-B toys (think a german company), whom I've seen around in various adult shops but not heard too much of. For anyone who is curious it's this one;

http://www.pabo.com/product/details/23259-silicone-roulette-g-spot-vibrator.html?gclid=CKX_2tqBrqkCFYEc4QodsxsVLQ&pcode=

I placed a small pea sized amount and smeared it over a small patch of the vibrator, leaving it reasonably thick so it would be more likely to cause a reaction should it end up doing so. So far it has probably been about 15/20 mins and I cannot see anything as yet, it doesn't appear to have melted or mutilated my toy in anyway, but am wondering exactly how long it could take to react if it does at all? I mean how long is long enough, is it an instant reaction, a few hours, days even?

I promise to keep you all updated.

ronnie-baby.

xx

Hiya!

I have inadvertently used Pjur on my (old) jelly/silicone vibrator on numerous occasions without even giving the silicone content thing a second thought.

There haven't been any reactions to my vibe at all. It's still doing its thing and there has been no reaction either to myself or the vibe.

Obviously, I'm not recommending that everyone goes out and starts using it on silicone toys and I'll read your thread with interest but I just wanted to say I've done it a few times and have had no bad effects!

Angel x

Thanks hun, I shall bear that in mind.

I really liked your review on the Pjur cream glide, and I think if I hadn't have read it I'd have been less inclined to buy it. It was actually really helpful. I will keep you updated on this, but I think we both already know the answer!

xx

I do love Pjur BUT there is one annoying thing I have started to notice with this particular one and it's starting to put me off using it

It works and everything so don't worry about that but afterwards it seems to clump together a bit, like cream. (edit - OK I know it's a cream but I don't want it to clump together with what I can only imagine are my juices) Whereas with the other lubes I have its all watery so you barely notice it.

This is the first silicone style lube I had ever used so maybe this is normal but I just don't really like it - it's only with continued use that i've started to realise that it irritates me!

Oh and thanks for saying you liked the review although I'm feeling the pressure now if you don't like it LOL

when you say irritates you, do you mean annoys you or literally irritates you down there? I think this is common with silicone lubes. what watery silicone ones do you own if any, anfd are they ok with your jelly/silicone toys?

xx

LOL when I say it irritates me - it irritates me mentally, not physically!

This is the first silicone lube (even if partially silicone) that I've owned so I have nothing else to compare to. If this is normal then no problems - at least I know!!

It doesn't detract from the actually lube though - it works really well. It's just the tidy up afterwards!

Angel x

did you not find it absorbs into your skin too quickly like a moisture cream? as I tested a bit on my hand and it was gone within a couple mins of rubbing ect....

xx

Well thats the thing I cannot understand - when you rub it in, it literally rubs in which I think I mentioned in my review and said I wondered how well it could last if thats what I did, during sex.

But or some reason (perhaps because its wet in your vagina or what, I don't know!!) the actually lube seems to last, which is evidenced to some extent by the little clumps I experience afterwards!

yes you did mention that in your review, which made me a little dubious about getting it but I shall roadtest it properly later and get back to you.

xx