Plugs pros and cons

Hi all,

My lovely OH has refound the love of anal and has been really enjoying this Lovehoney Butt Tingler 10 Function Vibrating Butt Plug 3.5 Inch - Lovehoney UK

It is her birthday in a few weeks and I was just hoping to find out what most people look for in a butt plug so that I can surprise her with a new one.

I have never used one myself as that does not float my boat at all but she is really liking it again. What are the pros and cons that you find with plugs? Do you need the vibrations or is just the feeling of fullness enough? Do the vibrations put you off?

Hopefully this will help me pick one she will love as a surprise without having to ask her too many questions.

1 Like

Personally there are 2 types of anal toys - the butt plugs which can be just solid with a decorative end those that vibrate - I use a metal butt plug with a blue gem on the end when I’m looking forward to anal sex with my husband as it opens me up and allows easy access - these are fun but the vibrating type are better and can be worn under normal clothes and are discreet and vibrate which can be very enjoyable

Second is dildo toys - these are longer and are inserted deeper and are either smooth and slim or can be penis shaped - all mine are vibrating and are used both for masterbation or in lovemaking.

If she is returning I would go for a beautiful butt plug - but don’t get too big and possibly start smaller and get slightly wider every so often

Thank you for your reply.

The one we are currently using actually worked its way free for the first time last night which is why I thought this would make a good present for her. Possibly upping the size but at the same time I do not want to go too big and for it to be uncomfortable.

We are both in our 50’s not looking to get to fisting size or anything like that just as some extra fun and make PIA really enjoyable for her.

My own personal preference is for girth over length or vibration. I love the full feeling.

My wife currently only uses plugs to prepare herself for anal sex but a few years ago she occasionally used the same vibrating plugs as your wife and her orgasms were always more intense when she had the plug vibrating inside her.

100% my OH orgasms are much stronger while she has a plug in. She was a little unhappy when hers came out last night as she was mid flow lol.

1 Like

If she finds it comes out, you need to look for a wider plug and / or narrower neck. Personally I prefer non vibrating plugs because vibrating ones aren’t the right shape for me - they tend to have wider necks and narrower bodies so fall out easily. I prefer t-bar bases for safety and comfort. Unfortunately, plugs often come out at the point of orgasm because the spasming muscles naturally push the plug out. If you’re in a position where it’s possible to hold it in, for example doggie, I’d apply a little pressure to the base with your hand to prevent it escaping at an inconvenient time! If you want to try something different, I love this really pretty glass plug.

On me I love a deep vibration, like vibrating anal beads

On my spouse I love seeing a pretty jewel plug when coming from behind. She’s kinda more indifferent to plugs but likes seeing me excited.

1 Like

Try to ask her what she enjoys about the plug youre currently using (maybe as part of foreplay/sexy talk) and go from there… if she likes feeling full for example maybe go for a slightly bigger plug. If its the vibes treat her to a new vibrating plug or maybe vibrating beads. Maybe she likes the taboo aspect of it and might enjoy a jewelled plug or something visual? If sge wants to try anal sex maybe get a dildo to start playing with?

This slightly bigger version of the one you have, has a more pronounced neck that will make it stay in easier. It’s slightly bigger by 0.5" in length and 1" circumference.

I have this berry plug and when I’ve worn it during sex, it turns his penis into a vibrator and he loves it too. So I’d definitely stick with the vibrating kind, then she has the option to turn it off or on.

2 Likes

Thank you @JoCat I have been through the page so many times looking and never noticed the slightly bigger one.

1 Like

Theres another one slightly bigger than that too 1" bigger again in circumference and another 0.5" in length.

I am in agreement with @JoCat , those Tee Plugs stay in super well . Mine is one of my oldest anal toys , the bullet that came with it was pretty lame . I installed a super nice rechargeable bullet from another expensive toy and have been using it for a number of years . I can do housework with it in and have never had it fall out .

2 Likes

Here is another option that I love , stays in and does not get in the way and OMG the possible selection of vibrations is great . A bit pricy , but for me money well spent . https://www.lovehoney.com/sex-toys/love-eggs-jiggle-balls/vibrating-love-eggs/p/lovense-lush-2-pink-app-controlled-rechargeable-love-egg-vibrator/a47380g84901.html

The good thing about a vibrating plug is you can enjoy it with or without the function turned on so gives her the options of what she fancies and base wise I’d always look for a T bar style to ensure comfort and support so it can’t vanish all the way up!

If she likes vibrating plugs then this one from Tracy Cox is well worth a look… https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/butt-plugs/vibrating-butt-plugs/p/tracey-cox-supersex-rechargeable-vibrating-butt-plug/a40216g73510.html
I have this and the one you mentioned and the vibrations from this are a lot stronger and its a good size to move on to. Its also rechargeable and can be kept in with the vibrator off. There are also some cool remote control ones you could play with as a couplewhere she wears it and lets you controlthe fun…