Plus size male models

Hey Lovehoney. Been thinking about getting a sexy costume to surprise the OH with but looking through the choices all I see are well fit, ripped male models and fair play to these guys!! Firmly fitting into the dad bod category I feel a bit deflated not seeing any larger male models showing off your costumes. You’ve done amazing work with the variety of female models - any chance you can do the same for the men???

21 Likes

@Forever_Curious

Well put…:clap::clap::clap:

I myself love a chunkier bloke and on my adult weekends away love to see all the different fancy dress outfits on all shapes and sizes of blokes.

There is a huge market out there for male outfits in bigger sizes.

7 Likes

Adult weekends away, @CurvyJilly I think we should know more? I am glad you like the chunkier man

4 Likes

I think we are in the same position that woman found themselves in for all those years and things have finally changed for the better. Just hope Lovehoney can do the same for us guys!!

And as @steve19 says, we need more info on these ‘adult’ weekends :wink:

2 Likes

I totally second this and think it’s equally important for male models to have diversity and variety in sizes as how can people imagine themselves wearing something if they can’t relate to the images modelling

3 Likes

100% agree with that. You want to feel sexy without having to go to the gym aha

4 Likes

Yes exactly!!!

1 Like

I love this. While my husband has never been plus size, I am, i love that in the last couple of years he has put on weight. He was always rail thin and to me always looked like he needed more weight. Now that he’s got a little pot belly and is thicker around his arms and legs, i find him so much sexier :yum:. Thicker men have more to hold onto and I love that.

4 Likes

I have long agreed that whilst Lovehoney generally do have a decent selection of items in a plus size for men, I think they can do more - and it would be good to see more representation. Look at the Savage line from Rihanna - she has loads of plus size models featured in her campaigns and it really gives me hope. I’d love to see more plus size costumes, and even plus size harnesses etc - and to have them modelled by some plus size folk too… yeah.

2 Likes

The guy models are generally a faceless bunch too. What’s going on there?

3 Likes

As @AJSTAR says, it’s hard to imagine yourself in some of these items when the models in the pictures are these perfect Adonis like bodies and you know you won’t like anything like they do in it!!

Agree with @DavidB1986 as well - yes there are plenty of plus size options available but there are no examples of what they look like in the plus sizes.

On the flip side, I would say big shout out to the guys who post their pictures in the forum as just like when I’m buying outfits for the OH, these pictures go a long way to helping me choose what to buy.

6 Likes

Very well said sir :raised_hands:

1 Like

Well said!!

1 Like

When purchasing a gift for our blokes it’s like yes they DO sell it in an XL / XXL but it doesn’t help if there is no visual image.

Yes a model who’s 6ft and a size 32" /34" waist 36"/ 38" chest and inside leg 34" looks good in it…

But it doesn’t really help…and I’m sure more products would sell in the bigger sizes if we could see what it looks like on the curvier bloke too.

4 Likes

Absolutely spot on @Forever_Curious,though not much use to me nowadays i would’ve loved this years ago when Mrs Pootle was more sexually active and i was larger than i am now!!!
@Stuck_nomore and @CurvyJilly good to hear you aren’t put off by the “chunkier” fella.
I’ve struggled with being comfortable in my own skin for many many years and have longed to have the kind of bod that sets the majority of women’s pulses racing and seeing models as such really hasn’t helped,i mean them fireman shorts and braces look so much better on the model than the short,funny shaped chubster that is me,is Mrs Pootle going to as turned on as the difference between the two is chalk n cheese!!! so yes I’m all for different size models, hell I’d even think about modelling myself :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Thats me…nearly but i have a dad bod :rofl:

1 Like

@pootle oh I totally hear you. I wasn’t for decades comfortable with myself. But I came to the realization that my hubby doesn’t let that stop him, we have a very active sex life and my friend tells me confidence is sexy and its so true. Just comes to mind Jack Black the actor… his movies, ytube videos, he so carries himself with confidence I love watching him not be at all phased by anything, its awesome!! I’ve decided to embrace this attitude and its a learning curve :wink::wink::wink:

3 Likes