Plus size outfits

Appealing to the curvy ladies here I'm looking to purchase some plus size outfits for my wife. I would love to see her in sexy outfits but as she is self conscious of her size she doesn't have the confidence to wear such outfits even for me after 18 years together and 10 years of marriage next year. So I would like to ask your advice/opinions on outfits to show I'm not bothered about size or shape just wanting to see her in a nice/sexy/provocative outfit to spice things up. I don thongs undies and sexy looking boxers that she loves to see me in and I also like but it would be nice for me to see the oh in raci gear any links or advice would be gratefully received.

I'd suggest something like this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29667 as it skims the stomach and hips, which is very flattering. Or you could get her a lovely lace robe as this is a non-intimidating option that can cover the parts she doesn't like, but still show a hint of flesh.

I'm extremely body conscious due to anorexia and I've always found lingerie gives me a huge confidence boost although I still hate my body intensely. I would reassure her that you think she's beautiful and attractive, which I'm sure she knows considering how long you've been together and you think she'd look fantastic in it. It might have a similar affect on her as it does on me, but she'll never know unless she tries!

Also +1 to Alicia.

I have shown her the outfits and langeri on here but she always replies with (no nothing I like) but I always show her what I ld like to see her dressed in but she always has a body conscious reason to turn down ideas or recommendations. I was just looking to purchase something as a surprise that hopefully she would wear that said its ok love your body as I do. And may I add NatandTom it must have taken some guts to say you suffer with a body issue I hope you are well and also overcome your issue many thanks for your advice. And Alicia4E.

NatandTom wrote:

I'd suggest something like this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29667 as it skims the stomach and hips, which is very flattering. Or you could get her a lovely lace robe as this is a non-intimidating option that can cover the parts she doesn't like, but still show a hint of flesh.

I'm extremely body conscious due to anorexia and I've always found lingerie gives me a huge confidence boost although I still hate my body intensely. I would reassure her that you think she's beautiful and attractive, which I'm sure she knows considering how long you've been together and you think she'd look fantastic in it. It might have a similar affect on her as it does on me, but she'll never know unless she tries!

Also +1 to Alicia.

I have this but in pink and it is fabulous. Very girly and feminine without screaming sexy and slutty! It's super stretchy and fits me beautifully as a size 22 so will fit her no problem. But at the end of the day, she's got to like it in the first place to feel comfortable wearing it. The robes are nice, but I find them too revealing as they don't fasten well or wrap over nicely on me. Love honey spoil me satin chemises are divine, but very clingy so don't know how she will get on with it to be honest. Failing all of this, a body stocking? I adore them. Very flattering, can smoothe stretch marks and are generally very slimming too. The floral and lace one is perhaps the most gorgeous piece of lingerie I own. Best thing to do? Grab a glass of wine both and get on here and browse together. Have her highlight her favourites and then you have something to go on x

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32648 this is divine. Very stretchy and can be worn with or without undies..I love this as it's dark and blurs stretch marks.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33770 this is one of my favourite sets. Yet to review this. It's so comfortable, girly, and fits beautifully. It doesn't cling, it flows comfortably and is a bit longer than most other items I own. The knickers are divine and the colour is to die for.

These 2 are probably myou "go to" for recomendations. Have a look at these x

The trouble I've found -being a curvy girl myself- with plus size outfits is they just make the same outfit in a wider size they dont allow extra room in the cup, or length for a curveier butt.

Personally speaking there is nothing that dose more for my confidence in and out of the bedroom than knowing my undies are matching and that they look fab and fit perfectly! Where as wearing a badly fitted/designed "plus size" outfit that doesn't fit just makes me feel worse.

I use *removed by moderator* alot,  *removed by moderator*, but I think  *removed by moderator* deserve a high five for their recent *dang where is the hashtag on a Mac?* hashtag TheNewSexy diversity campaine and for going up to a K cup!

In terms of confidence..... There are some great plus size role models out there.... I'm crushing hard on Roz the Diva at the moment. In fact they've inspired me to give pole and burlesque another go.

Hope some of this helps.

Huggles to you and Mrs Slither

xXx

Thanks sugar boobies I will show her tomorrow evening and see what she thinks we can but try

Slither wrote:

Thanks sugar boobies I will show her tomorrow evening and see what she thinks we can but try

I hope it's the start of an amazing addiction. Lingerie on here has changed my life. But you have to give it a whirl first..hopefully you both see something you like the look of, and remember the amazing returns policy if it doesn't fit etc. She can't use that as a reason not to buy something. Be sure to compliment her and encourage her as she may feel a bit uncomfortable to start with. Hope it goes well. Keep me posted x

I will have to look into all this advice thanks the good lady is currently attending a girls only toy party so I'm hoping this may boost her confidence and prompt her into thinking of our recent discussion's.

Slither wrote:

I will have to look into all this advice thanks the good lady is currently attending a girls only toy party so I'm hoping this may boost her confidence and prompt her into thinking of our recent discussion's.

How have you approached it? Who started the chat about things?

Sure will I'm hoping for a good outcome for us both that's why I asked on here as everyone seems friendly and always seems to be sound advice and no seedy alternative behaviour.

We have both brought the matter up as we are both quite open. We have known each other since the age of 5. I'm more straight to the point where as she is more around the houses she wants to wear more sexier items but feels uncomfortable but not just because she thinks the underwear or outfits don't look good or sexy but she finds them tight and uncomfortable.

I like the look of both of these especially the pink baby doll. The only problem I can see is the bust size as she does have a large bust a double H. As a man this doesn't mean a lot apart from the H definitely stands for huge the problem I've had in the past in buying items is the bust and the bum. That's why I always try to pick items together in the hope it fits but we do usually have problems which is most likely why she doesn't bother anymore.

I've also got the pink Babydoll mentioned by sugarboobies and it is lovely but I found it a bit to snug in the boob area . I'm size 16 ish with 34 GG bra size and it fitted great everywhere else but I simply don't understand why plus sized items are so often made too small in the bust .
Having said all that though babydolls are great choice for skimming certain areas while still looking sexy and mostly pretty comfortable too which is important .
Great to team up with some pretty knickers or holdups too .
Also the lacey robes in the plus sized range are lovely and I think a generous fit ....can be worn on their own or over something else .

Really hope you can get your wife to try on at lest once .
as I was so never going to ware anying lingerie wise.
as thought I'm fat.
it would be like putting a tu tu on a hippo.
plus size 22 hateing my self 6 children later and one that had just been diagnosed at birth with cancer and finished his treatment.
a year sat at his bed side depression hoping he would live not moving at all in 7 mouths, had killed my confidence.
I got out the hospital with my extra weight and hated what I'd become.
Me and hubby trying to get us bk I thought I'd try a out fit on similar to one reacomended
I stood back looked it the mirror and cryed I was still big but I actually seen something more then my size first time in ages . I was more then a cancer mummy I was the women I once knew again .
This gave me so much more confidence it boosted how I felt and how I sore my self and the bits I don't like so much where covers. I got so much more confident now and I'm still a size 22 but its all about how you feel. I'm sure yr wife can feel the same to.
And well done for loving her and wanting her to know how beautiful she is to you keep it up its so nice to Heai a man willing to help her see what you do 😀

I have been thinking about getting my OH a dress from the COTTELLI range, I can't share a link on my device, but there is a dress on there, it has a skinny model showing it but alot of the reviews are from curvy ladies who say it is very flattering, might be worth a look

Hi Slither

I just wanted to recommend this Satin Robe.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33355

I'm very self conscious and very big. Wearing gorgeous lingerie and then having this on feels fabulous. Might help your Mrs ease in slowly.

Hope you find something she loves

Yummymummy :-* wrote:

Hi Slither

I just wanted to recommend this Satin Robe.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33355

I'm very self conscious and very big. Wearing gorgeous lingerie and then having this on feels fabulous. Might help your Mrs ease in slowly.

Hope you find something she loves

I have this in ivory and don't find the fit great. It doesn't wrap over me as nicely as I would like. :( Let us know how the chat goes!

Thanks everyone we have had a brief discussion this afternoon and she has agreed to look this evening and hopefully when she see's all your wonderful comments and links she will feel better and at least purchase an item to try on for size 😃

Slither wrote:

Thanks everyone we have had a brief discussion this afternoon and she has agreed to look this evening and hopefully when she see's all your wonderful comments and links she will feel better and at least purchase an item to try on for size 😃

Hey, that's a start! Hopefully she will find something lovely and it will do wonders for her confidence 😊