Positions of the Week

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 01 Aug 2020
Back to 2020

The Close-Up

The Close-Up

A cuddle with the naughtiest and most pleasurable of intentions, The Close-Up allows you to get up-close, very personal and in a prime position to please. Go slow or turn it into a fast and explosive sex session – you decide.

How?

The receiving partner lies on their side with their top leg raised slightly. The giving partner lies next to them on their side and cradles them close before penetrating from behind. The giving partner holds the receiving partner’s thigh and raises it higher to aid extra deep penetration.

Why?

If you like the intimacy of the classic spooning position but want extra speed, depth and general oomph, then The Close-Up is for you. A simple raise of the receiving partner’s leg instantly creates a deeper level of penetration, and gives the other partner something to hold onto to aid faster and harder thrusting.

Try…

The receiver can match the giver thrust for thrust by positioning themselves near a headboard or wall and propping their hand or foot against it for fantastic leverage.

Make it even better

Magic wand vibrators are the perfect toy for upping the orgasm game in spooning positions. Available as wireless or plug-in models, they can be held by either partner to direct super-intense vibrations to your favourite pleasure spots.

If you fancy a little buzz in the bum to heighten sensations for both or one partner, a vibrating butt plug will do exactly that. One with a removable bullet vibrator will give you the option of buzz-free play. Alternatively, use the vibrator for targeted stimulation of other erogenous zones as you spoon away.

Not the position for you?

We’re working to make sure that everyone is represented on our website, regardless of who you love, so we’ll be using a variety of gender depictions in our Position of the Week posts. This will include straight, gay, lesbian, and gender neutral couples, but all positions will have details in the description of how to make them work for your own relationship dynamic.

I tried it and I…
  • Loved it :heart:
  • Thought it was fun :smiley:
  • Didn’t get on with it :woman_shrugging:
  • Broke myself :face_with_head_bandage:
  • Voted by accident :man_facepalming:

0 voters

Back to 2020