Positions of the Week

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 23 Sep 2018
Back to 2018

The Love Seat

Slightly more of a challenge than some of our other positions, the angle and rocking motion of this position allows more sensation for him.

How?

He sits on a chair without arms (make sure it’s sturdy), she straddles him, then carefully puts her calves over his shoulders. Rock rather than thrust.

Why?

It’s challenging but not ridiculously so, and excellent for men who need extra friction (and/or have had one too many drinks!).

Try…

Both sets of hands are needed to balance, so make up for the lack of clitoral stimulation by giving her lots of oral before or after.

Make it better…

Enjoy easy clitoral stimulation and foreplay with the Lovehoney 8 Function Mini Magic Wand Vibrator, or a petite butt plug for pleasurable sensations for both of you.

Non-hetero?

This position can be adapted for female-female couples with the use of a strap-on dildo. It’s also a great position to try for anal sex (and add a male masturbator into the mix if the receiver has a penis).

I tried it and I…
  • Loved it :heart:
  • Thought it was fun :smiley:
  • Didn’t get on with it :woman_shrugging:
  • Broke myself :face_with_head_bandage:
  • Voted by accident :man_facepalming:

0 voters

Back to 2018

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 30 Sep 2018
Back to 2018

The Waterfall

If he’s a little on the larger side, this position will be comfortable for both and leaves his and her hands free for clitoral or anal stimulation.

How?

He sits, arms back, legs wide. She lies in front, lifts her ankles onto his shoulders, then lifts her bottom so he can penetrate.

Why?

The vagina is slanted at an angle that allows for easy penetration. It’s high on visual stimulation but low energy for laid back sessions.

Try…

He can reach down to stimulate her clitoris with his fingers or hold a vibrator against her clitoris or anus.

Make it better…

Try a position enhancer for easier and more comfortable penetration. You might choose to use your fingers or browse our collection of clitoral vibes for the best sensations.

Non-hetero?

This position can be adapted for female-female couples with the use of a strap-on dildo. It’s also a great position to try for anal sex (and add a male masturbator into the mix if the receiver has a penis).

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 14 Oct 2018
Back to 2018

Close Encounter

This position puts you face-to-face, increasing the intimacy of the moment.

How?

He sits in a chair (one without arms) or on a sofa, she climbs on top, bending her legs behind her.

Why?

Penetration is deep and she can grind her clitoris against him. It’s also a winning position if one partner is taller or heavier than the other – there’s no squishing!

Try…

If the chair isn’t too high, it may be easier for her to thrust if she puts her feet flat on the floor.

Make it better…

Add one (or more!) of these toys when trying this position to take your orgasms to the next level.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 21 Oct 2018
Back to 2018

The Dancer

It’s strictly G-spot pleasure with this position, plus plenty of opportunity to incorporate your favourite toys or bondage.

How to do it…

From missionary, he lifts her into position. One of her feet is on his shoulder, the other pointed straight behind him.

Why it’s great…

Any position with her feet resting on his shoulders shortens the vagina, making it feel tighter.

You could try…

If she finds it hard work holding the position, put a stack of cushions under her bottom and back, or you could use a position enhancer.

Make it even better…

Add one (or more!) of these toys when trying this position to take your orgasms to the next level.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

1 Like

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 28 Oct 2018
Back to 2018

The Knot

This position is great if she wants to feel a little tighter. Or if he wants to orgasm faster.

How to do it…

She lies on a hard surface that’s the right height, he stands in front and penetrates. She crosses her legs at the knee.

Why it’s great…

Crossing your legs or ankles helps tighten the vaginal canal.

You could try…

Squeezing her thigh muscles narrows the entrance even more to give him the extra friction he needs.

Make it even better…

Explore anal play with a small vibrating butt plug, or try a couple’s vibrator such as a cock ring, for shared sensations that’ll spice up your sexy-time.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 04 Nov 2018
Back to 2018

Downward Doggy

Up for a challenge? Try this acrobatic take on traditional doggy style for fresh orgasmic thrills.

How to do it…

He sits on a chair, bed or right height piece of furniture. She lies in front, legs around his waist and he manoeuvres her into position.

Why it’s great…

This works when he’s big and she’s small and easy to hold in position. It’s tricky but it’s worth the effort for the unusual angle of penetration.

You could try…

Getting her to hold her head down: the pressure produces startling sensations on orgasm.

Make it even better…

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 11 Nov 2018
Back to 2018

T-junction

Is he on the larger side? This position allows the depth of penetration to be controlled for comfort and pleasure.

How?

He penetrates from behind. Keeping her legs straight and together, she moves them forward so they’re angled away.

Why?

His hands are free to stimulate her breasts and clitoris. The more turned on she is, the more expanded and lubricated she’ll be.

Try…

Penetration is easier if she bears down (like she’s pushing something out) with her vaginal muscles. Try grinding against each other, rather than thrusting.

Make it even better…

With all those free hands, why not try a vibrating bullet? Swoon’s watermelon-scented arousal balm gives nipples and clitorises extra-tingly sensations.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 18 Nov 2018
Back to 2018

The Throne

With her legs pressed firmly together, this is a great position for a tighter fit with extra friction for him.

How?

He sits down, she lowers herself onto his penis, keeping her legs closed.

Why?

Ironically, wide open or tightly closed legs work for smaller penises. Firmly closed legs tighten the entrance of the vagina.

Try…

She can clench her thigh muscles so they ‘grab’ the shaft of his penis, maximising sensation.

Make it even better…

Sync thrusts with squeezing your kegel muscles, for a tighter grip. You can strengthen your pelvic floor muscles with a kegel excerciser.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

1 Like

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 25 Nov 2018
Back to 2018

Missionary

The average guy lasts around 2-3 minutes during intercourse before ejaculating. This position may help him to last longer.

How?

This is the missionary position but with both of you keeping legs straight rather than him nestling in between hers.

Why?

Straight legs means neither can thrust in the traditional way. Instead, he should make small circles with his hips and grind against her pelvis. It’s pleasurable but less intense and stimulating.

Try…

He should stop and hold perfectly still or withdraw completely if he feels he’s losing control.

Make it even better…

A vibrating cock ring will add thrilling sensations for both of you. Made from soft silicone, and ergonomically shaped to fit between you, the Mantric Love Ring has a textured side for extra clitoral stimulation.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 02 Dec 2018
Back to 2018

The Wheelbarrow

A little more of a challenge than traditional doggy style, this position is great for deep penetration and G-spot targeting.

How?

Start with him leaning against a wall, she stands on her hands then wraps her legs around him while he holds her calves.

Why?

A firm favourite quickie position, it’s not as difficult as it looks and makes him feel masculine and virile!

Try…

This also works with her bent over the back of the sofa.

Make it even better…

Explore new shared sensations with a slimline butt plug, or a cock ring for an instant erection boost.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 09 Dec 2018
Back to 2018

The Grind

This position is great for both of you: he benefits from the extra friction from her closed legs, and she can enjoy multiple sweet spot stimulation.

How?

Start in the traditional doggie-style pose with her on all fours and him behind. He supports her with his hands while she comes up on her knees.

Why?

It’s super-easy for him to reach around and stimulate the clitoris with his fingers or a vibrator without it feeling awkward.

Try…

Bringing her as close as possible to climax, then stop. He presses one hand firmly on her mons (lower belly) then thrusts again to trigger her orgasm.

Make it even better…

With so many hands free, why not add extra thrills for her with the super-quiet and rechargeable Lovehoney Flash 7 Function Clitoral Vibrator?

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 16 Dec 2018
Back to 2018

Lazy Lovers

If one partner is taller or weighs more, this position evens things out for more comfortable, satisfying sex.

How?

He lies, she squats and lowers herself onto his penis, then carefully leans back, using her feet as leverage to thrust.

Why?

Any position where your heads are at different ends makes height and weight differences less of a problem.

Try…

It’s even better if you scissor your legs so one of hers is underneath, then hang onto each other’s hands for leverage.

Make it even better…

Try the Tracey Cox Stamina Ring Set for an instant erection boost. Wear the stretchy rings individually, or experiment by combining 2 or 3 rings together to discover new levels of staying power.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 23 Dec 2018
Back to 2018

Reverse Cowgirl

Perfectly angled for G-spot stimulation and visually appealing for him, this is a great quickie position for sensational shared climaxes.

How?

He sits on a chair without arms, she faces away from him, straddles then leans forward to balance on his knees.

Why?

He gets to watch his penis pump in and out – his idea of heaven, really.

Try…

From behind feels primitive and he’s able to thrust deep, hard and fast, tipping both of you into an intense climax.

Make it even better…

Ooze sex appeal in some lacy lingerie. Just make sure it’s crotchless if you’d like to keep it on!

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 30 Dec 2018
Back to 2018

The Can-Can

If you enjoy deep penetration and you’re feeling flexible, this position can(can) help you have intense shared climaxes.

How?

He stands, she goes on tip-toes and puts one leg up on one shoulder. He then penetrates.

Why?

The angle holds him firmly inside and stops him slipping out. Penetration is deep, snug and tight.

Try…

Just as you’re both ready to orgasm, she should bear down (push out) her pelvic floor muscles to grip him ultra-tight.

Make it even better…

Using kegel balls regularly can tone and strengthen your pelvic floor muscles to help you achieve stronger orgasms. Plus, they offer discreet stimulation at the same time.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

Welcome to 2019! :tada:

:lh_heart_purple: 2019 :lh_heart_purple:
2018 || 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023

Names, dates and blog links
Forum Posts Blogs
Lock ‘n’ Rock 06 Jan 2019
Jigsaw 13 Jan 2019 V1
13 Jan 2019 V2
The Pillar 20 Jan 2019
The Mermaid 27 Jan 2019 V1
27 Jan 2020 V2
Head Over Heels 03 Feb 2019
Tip to Toe 10 Feb 2019
Space Hopper 17 Feb 2019
The Hammock 24 Feb 2019
The Corkscrew 09 Mar 2019
Hot Seat 16 Mar 2019
Voyeur’s Delight 23 Mar 2019
Sexy Yoga 30 Mar 2019
Raunchy Rider 6 Apr 2019
The Cover-Up 13 Apr 2019
Mission Impossible 27 Apr 2019
The Leg Lift 04 May 2019
The Jockey 11 May 2019
Up Against It 18 May 2019
Tight Squeeze 25 May 2019
The Right Angle 01 Jun 2019
Table Top 08 Jun 2019
Armadillo Style 15 Jun 2019
The Babe Bendover 22 Jun 2019
Doggie and the Butterfly 29 Jun 2019
Open Sesame 06 Jul 2019
Horsing Around 13 Jul 2019
Lazy Leg-Over 20 Jul 2019
The Sandwich 27 Jul 2019
Stand and Deliver 03 Aug 2019
The Voyeur 10 Aug 2019
Thigh Master 17 Aug 2019
Standing Doggy 24 Aug 2019
Lusty Lean 07 Sep 2019
Sexy Spoon 14 Sep 2019
Hooked on You 29 Sep 2019
The Starfish 06 Oct 2019
Dial L for Love 13 Oct 2019
Rolling in the Deep 20 Oct 2019
The Goddess 27 Oct 2019
The Love Hug 03 Nov 2019
Raise of Glory 10 Nov 2019
Hard Press 17 Nov 2019
The Cuddle Huddle 24 Nov 2019
The Multi-Tasker 30 Nov 2019
The Right Tangle 01 Dec 2019
Sunday Morning 08 Dec 2019
Sleigh Ride 16 Dec 2019
The Kite 22 Dec 2019
Flip Reverse 29 Dec 2019

Lock 'n' RockJigsaw V1Jigsaw V2The PillarThe Mermaid V1The Mermaid V2Head Over HeelsTip to ToeSpace HopperThe HammockThe CorkscrewHot SeatVoyeur's DelightSexy YogaRaunchy RiderThe Cover-UpimageThe Leg LiftThe JockeyUp Against ItTight SqueezeThe Right AngleThe Table TopArmadillo StyleThe Babe BendoverDoggie and the ButterflyOpen SesameHorsing AroundLazy Leg-OverThe SandwichStand and DeliverThe VoyeurThigh MasterStanding DoggyLusty LeanSexy SpoonHooked on YouThe StarfishDial L for LoveRolling in the DeepThe GoddessThe Love HugRaise of GloryHard PressThe Cuddle HuddleThe Multi-TaskerThe Right TangleSunday MorningThe Sleigh RideThe KiteFlip Reverse

2018 || 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023
:lh_heart_purple: 2019 :lh_heart_purple:

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 06 Jan 2019
Back to 2019

Lock ‘n’ Rock

Fans of doggy style positions will enjoy the extra control this G-spot-targeting position allows.

How?

Start with her on top facing his feet. Then he sits up and she leans forward, putting her hands on his ankles and crossing her legs behind his back.

Why?

It’s a more creative version of the traditional rear-entry: still the most reliable position for G-spot stimulation.

Try…

She can lock him into position by tightening the grip with her hands and legs once he hits the spot.

Make it even better…

Anal beads or an anal prober can be an exciting addition to sex (for both of you). Insert the smallest bead first, followed by the rest of the prober, pausing to get used to the sensations if it’s your first foray into anal pleasure. Leave in place, then pull out as you reach your climax for a powerful release.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 13 Jan 2019
Back to 2019

Jigsaw V1

This position is perfect for super-satisfying clitoral stimulation, controlled by her. Heighten sensitivity of the clitoris and nipples with the lickable Lovehoney Oh! Cherry Orgasm Balm.

How?

He sits on the floor, arms back and knees up. She jumps on top, balances on her knees, then brings her feet to rest on his knees.

Why?

With her legs wide and all her weight pressing down on the whole of the vulva, there’s maximum friction on the clitoris and area surrounding the urethra.

Try…

She can rock back and forth, using the shaft of his penis and groin to effectively masturbate herself to orgasm.

Make it even better…

Wearing open cup lingerie means easy access for nipple stimulation as well as offering him a thrilling view while she rides him.

Non-hetero?

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 23 Dec 2020
Back to 2019

Jigsaw V2

This position is perfect for super-satisfying clitoral stimulation, controlled by her. Heighten sensitivity of the clitoris and nipples with the lickable Lovehoney Oh! Cherry Orgasm Balm.

How?

He sits on the floor, arms back and knees up. She jumps on top, balances on her knees, then brings her feet to rest on his knees.

Why?

With her legs wide and all her weight pressing down on the whole of the vulva, there’s maximum friction on the clitoris and area surrounding the urethra.

Try…

She can rock back and forth, using the shaft of his penis and groin to effectively masturbate herself to orgasm.

Make it even better…

Wearing open cup lingerie means easy access for nipple stimulation as well as offering him a thrilling view while she rides him.

Not the position for you?

We’re working to make sure that everyone is represented on our website, regardless of who you love, so we’ll be using a variety of gender depictions in our Position of the Week posts. This will include straight, gay, lesbian, and gender neutral couples, but all positions will have details in the description of how to make them work for your own relationship dynamic.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 20 Jan 2019
Back to 2019

The Pillar

This position is slightly more challenging for him, but it can be made a lot easier with an over-the-door sex swing.

How?

He sits on the edge of the bed and she climbs on top. He then slowly stands up, supporting her weight, her toes on the bed for balance.

Why?

This is a great position to try if he is a lot bigger than her.

Try…

Doing it against a wall. She has something to lean on – and feels lighter so he can hang on for longer.

Make it even better…

A couple’s vibrator like the Annabelle Knight Wowza! Silicone Vibrating Cock Ring will add thrilling sensations for both of you.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 27 Jan 2019
Back to 2019

The Mermaid V1

This position is great for G-spot targeting, and as her legs are tightly closed, it will make her feel tighter.

How?

She lies flat, he kneels and lifts her bottom to penetrate. She puts her legs over his shoulder.

Why?

His penis is in line for a direct hit to the front vaginal wall, the highly sensitive area where the G-spot lives.

Try…

Change the angle of her legs and try leaning them on different shoulders. Tiny angle alterations help to hit the spot.

Make it even better…

An inflatable sex position ramp will lift her pelvis for you, allowing you to hold the position longer for maximum enjoyment.

Non-hetero?

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 23 Dec 2020
Back to 2019

The Mermaid V2

This position is great for G-spot targeting, and as her legs are tightly closed, it will make her feel tighter.

How?

She lies flat, he kneels and lifts her butt to penetrate. She puts her legs over his shoulder.

Why?

His penis is in line for a direct hit to the front vaginal wall, the highly sensitive area where the G-spot lives.

Try…

Change the angle of her legs and try leaning them on different shoulders. Tiny angle alterations help to hit the spot.

Make it even better…

An inflatable sex position ramp will lift her pelvis for you, allowing you to hold the position longer for maximum enjoyment.

Not the position for you?

We’re working to make sure that everyone is represented on our website, regardless of who you love, so we’ll be using a variety of gender depictions in our Position of the Week posts. This will include straight, gay, lesbian, and gender neutral couples, but all positions will have details in the description of how to make them work for your own relationship dynamic.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

2 Likes

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 03 Feb 2019
Back to 2019

Head Over Heels

This position is little bit of a challenge, so make sure to use a sturdy chair with no arms, or a sofa.

How?

She starts by straddling him, then puts her calves on his shoulders and carefully leans back, him holding her middle.

Why?

The view is pretty amazing from his perspective; she has an ‘inverted orgasm’ because the blood is rushing to her head. We feel the sensation of orgasm in our brain as well as our genitals.

Try…

She can increase pressure on his penis by squeezing her thighs and buttocks together.

Make it even better…

She could try using a blindfold. By depriving yourself of one or more senses, the remaining senses become heightened which could lead to a more explosive orgasm. (Make sure you remove the blindfold afterwards to get back on your feet slowly and safely.)

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019