Positions of the Week

:lh_heart_purple_2: Lovehoney, 27 May 2022
Back to 2022

The Butterfly Effect

Flutter and play your way to stronger orgasms in this yogic, Lotus-inspired masturbation position. Not only will you benefit from a good old stretch, but the open-leg position also lets you strum or stroke away to your heart’s content, while harnessing the power of those pelvic muscles to help strengthen your orgasms. Pretty good, eh?

How?

In a seated position on your bed or floor, put the soles of your feet together so that your knees are spread in a butterfly-like shape. Use your free hands to pleasure yourself in any which way you choose to.

Why?

The seated position of The Butterfly Effect means you can easily reach your clitoris, penis or testicles, as well as other sensitive spots such as the nipples. It’s also fantastic for G-spot or P-spot stimulation if you want to add a toy into the mix.

Try

Introduce a vibrating butt plug or G-spot vibrator to transform The Butterfly Effect into an internal flutter of sensation, while pleasuring your external buttons at the same time. Alternatively, give your hands a little help in satisfying those hungry nerve-endings in the clitoris or penis with the addition of a bullet vibe or stroker.

Make it even better

Have a play around with the angle of your knees and distance between your heels and pelvic area to achieve different sensations and discover what feels best. You can also take full advantage of the tension created in your pelvic floor muscles in The Butterfly Position by clenching down on them as you edge your way to orgasm. This will help intensify the series of muscle contractions that create orgasms.

Not the position for you?

We’re working to make sure that everyone is represented on our website, regardless of who you love, so we’ll be using a variety of gender depictions in our Position of the Week posts. This will include straight, gay, lesbian, and gender neutral couples, but all positions will have details in the description of how to make them work for your own relationship dynamic.

I tried it and I…
  • Loved it :heart:
  • Thought it was fun :smiley:
  • Didn’t get on with it :woman_shrugging:
  • Broke myself :face_with_head_bandage:

0 voters

Back to 2022