Positions of the Week

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 16 Dec 2018
Back to 2018

Lazy Lovers

If one partner is taller or weighs more, this position evens things out for more comfortable, satisfying sex.

How?

He lies, she squats and lowers herself onto his penis, then carefully leans back, using her feet as leverage to thrust.

Why?

Any position where your heads are at different ends makes height and weight differences less of a problem.

Try…

It’s even better if you scissor your legs so one of hers is underneath, then hang onto each other’s hands for leverage.

Make it even better…

Try the Tracey Cox Stamina Ring Set for an instant erection boost. Wear the stretchy rings individually, or experiment by combining 2 or 3 rings together to discover new levels of staying power.

Non-hetero?

This position can be adapted for female-female couples with the use of a strap-on dildo. It’s also a great position to try for anal sex (and add a male masturbator into the mix if the receiver has a penis).

I tried it and I…
  • Loved it :heart:
  • Thought it was fun :smiley:
  • Didn’t get on with it :woman_shrugging:
  • Broke myself :face_with_head_bandage:
  • Voted by accident :man_facepalming:

0 voters

Back to 2018

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 23 Dec 2018
Back to 2018

Reverse Cowgirl

Perfectly angled for G-spot stimulation and visually appealing for him, this is a great quickie position for sensational shared climaxes.

How?

He sits on a chair without arms, she faces away from him, straddles then leans forward to balance on his knees.

Why?

He gets to watch his penis pump in and out – his idea of heaven, really.

Try…

From behind feels primitive and he’s able to thrust deep, hard and fast, tipping both of you into an intense climax.

Make it even better…

Ooze sex appeal in some lacy lingerie. Just make sure it’s crotchless if you’d like to keep it on!

Non-hetero?

This position can be adapted for female-female couples with the use of a strap-on dildo. It’s also a great position to try for anal sex (and add a male masturbator into the mix if the receiver has a penis).

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

:lovehoney_heart: Lovehoney, 30 Dec 2018
Back to 2018

The Can-Can

If you enjoy deep penetration and you’re feeling flexible, this position can(can) help you have intense shared climaxes.

How?

He stands, she goes on tip-toes and puts one leg up on one shoulder. He then penetrates.

Why?

The angle holds him firmly inside and stops him slipping out. Penetration is deep, snug and tight.

Try…

Just as you’re both ready to orgasm, she should bear down (push out) her pelvic floor muscles to grip him ultra-tight.

Make it even better…

Using kegel balls regularly can tone and strengthen your pelvic floor muscles to help you achieve stronger orgasms. Plus, they offer discreet stimulation at the same time.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2018

Welcome to 2019! :tada:

:lh_heart_purple: 2019 :lh_heart_purple:
2018 || 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023

Names, dates and blog links
Forum Posts Blogs
Lock ‘n’ Rock 06 Jan 2019
Jigsaw 13 Jan 2019 V1
13 Jan 2019 V2
The Pillar 20 Jan 2019
The Mermaid 27 Jan 2019 V1
27 Jan 2020 V2
Head Over Heels 03 Feb 2019
Tip to Toe 10 Feb 2019
Space Hopper 17 Feb 2019
The Hammock 24 Feb 2019
The Corkscrew 09 Mar 2019
Hot Seat 16 Mar 2019
Voyeur’s Delight 23 Mar 2019
Sexy Yoga 30 Mar 2019
Raunchy Rider 6 Apr 2019
The Cover-Up 13 Apr 2019
Mission Impossible 27 Apr 2019
The Leg Lift 04 May 2019
The Jockey 11 May 2019
Up Against It 18 May 2019
Tight Squeeze 25 May 2019
The Right Angle 01 Jun 2019
Table Top 08 Jun 2019
Armadillo Style 15 Jun 2019
The Babe Bendover 22 Jun 2019
Doggie and the Butterfly 29 Jun 2019
Open Sesame 06 Jul 2019
Horsing Around 13 Jul 2019
Lazy Leg-Over 20 Jul 2019
The Sandwich 27 Jul 2019
Stand and Deliver 03 Aug 2019
The Voyeur 10 Aug 2019
Thigh Master 17 Aug 2019
Standing Doggy 24 Aug 2019
Lusty Lean 07 Sep 2019
Sexy Spoon 14 Sep 2019
Hooked on You 29 Sep 2019
The Starfish 06 Oct 2019
Dial L for Love 13 Oct 2019
Rolling in the Deep 20 Oct 2019
The Goddess 27 Oct 2019
The Love Hug 03 Nov 2019
Raise of Glory 10 Nov 2019
Hard Press 17 Nov 2019
The Cuddle Huddle 24 Nov 2019
The Multi-Tasker 30 Nov 2019
The Right Tangle 01 Dec 2019
Sunday Morning 08 Dec 2019
Sleigh Ride 16 Dec 2019
The Kite 22 Dec 2019
Flip Reverse 29 Dec 2019

Lock 'n' RockJigsaw V1Jigsaw V2The PillarThe Mermaid V1The Mermaid V2Head Over HeelsTip to ToeSpace HopperThe HammockThe CorkscrewHot SeatVoyeur's DelightSexy YogaRaunchy RiderThe Cover-UpimageThe Leg LiftThe JockeyUp Against ItTight SqueezeThe Right AngleThe Table TopArmadillo StyleThe Babe BendoverDoggie and the ButterflyOpen SesameHorsing AroundLazy Leg-OverThe SandwichStand and DeliverThe VoyeurThigh MasterStanding DoggyLusty LeanSexy SpoonHooked on YouThe StarfishDial L for LoveRolling in the DeepThe GoddessThe Love HugRaise of GloryHard PressThe Cuddle HuddleThe Multi-TaskerThe Right TangleSunday MorningThe Sleigh RideThe KiteFlip Reverse

2018 || 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023
:lh_heart_purple: 2019 :lh_heart_purple:

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 06 Jan 2019
Back to 2019

Lock ‘n’ Rock

Fans of doggy style positions will enjoy the extra control this G-spot-targeting position allows.

How?

Start with her on top facing his feet. Then he sits up and she leans forward, putting her hands on his ankles and crossing her legs behind his back.

Why?

It’s a more creative version of the traditional rear-entry: still the most reliable position for G-spot stimulation.

Try…

She can lock him into position by tightening the grip with her hands and legs once he hits the spot.

Make it even better…

Anal beads or an anal prober can be an exciting addition to sex (for both of you). Insert the smallest bead first, followed by the rest of the prober, pausing to get used to the sensations if it’s your first foray into anal pleasure. Leave in place, then pull out as you reach your climax for a powerful release.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 13 Jan 2019
Back to 2019

Jigsaw V1

This position is perfect for super-satisfying clitoral stimulation, controlled by her. Heighten sensitivity of the clitoris and nipples with the lickable Lovehoney Oh! Cherry Orgasm Balm.

How?

He sits on the floor, arms back and knees up. She jumps on top, balances on her knees, then brings her feet to rest on his knees.

Why?

With her legs wide and all her weight pressing down on the whole of the vulva, there’s maximum friction on the clitoris and area surrounding the urethra.

Try…

She can rock back and forth, using the shaft of his penis and groin to effectively masturbate herself to orgasm.

Make it even better…

Wearing open cup lingerie means easy access for nipple stimulation as well as offering him a thrilling view while she rides him.

Non-hetero?

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 23 Dec 2020
Back to 2019

Jigsaw V2

This position is perfect for super-satisfying clitoral stimulation, controlled by her. Heighten sensitivity of the clitoris and nipples with the lickable Lovehoney Oh! Cherry Orgasm Balm.

How?

He sits on the floor, arms back and knees up. She jumps on top, balances on her knees, then brings her feet to rest on his knees.

Why?

With her legs wide and all her weight pressing down on the whole of the vulva, there’s maximum friction on the clitoris and area surrounding the urethra.

Try…

She can rock back and forth, using the shaft of his penis and groin to effectively masturbate herself to orgasm.

Make it even better…

Wearing open cup lingerie means easy access for nipple stimulation as well as offering him a thrilling view while she rides him.

Not the position for you?

We’re working to make sure that everyone is represented on our website, regardless of who you love, so we’ll be using a variety of gender depictions in our Position of the Week posts. This will include straight, gay, lesbian, and gender neutral couples, but all positions will have details in the description of how to make them work for your own relationship dynamic.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 20 Jan 2019
Back to 2019

The Pillar

This position is slightly more challenging for him, but it can be made a lot easier with an over-the-door sex swing.

How?

He sits on the edge of the bed and she climbs on top. He then slowly stands up, supporting her weight, her toes on the bed for balance.

Why?

This is a great position to try if he is a lot bigger than her.

Try…

Doing it against a wall. She has something to lean on – and feels lighter so he can hang on for longer.

Make it even better…

A couple’s vibrator like the Annabelle Knight Wowza! Silicone Vibrating Cock Ring will add thrilling sensations for both of you.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 27 Jan 2019
Back to 2019

The Mermaid V1

This position is great for G-spot targeting, and as her legs are tightly closed, it will make her feel tighter.

How?

She lies flat, he kneels and lifts her bottom to penetrate. She puts her legs over his shoulder.

Why?

His penis is in line for a direct hit to the front vaginal wall, the highly sensitive area where the G-spot lives.

Try…

Change the angle of her legs and try leaning them on different shoulders. Tiny angle alterations help to hit the spot.

Make it even better…

An inflatable sex position ramp will lift her pelvis for you, allowing you to hold the position longer for maximum enjoyment.

Non-hetero?

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 23 Dec 2020
Back to 2019

The Mermaid V2

This position is great for G-spot targeting, and as her legs are tightly closed, it will make her feel tighter.

How?

She lies flat, he kneels and lifts her butt to penetrate. She puts her legs over his shoulder.

Why?

His penis is in line for a direct hit to the front vaginal wall, the highly sensitive area where the G-spot lives.

Try…

Change the angle of her legs and try leaning them on different shoulders. Tiny angle alterations help to hit the spot.

Make it even better…

An inflatable sex position ramp will lift her pelvis for you, allowing you to hold the position longer for maximum enjoyment.

Not the position for you?

We’re working to make sure that everyone is represented on our website, regardless of who you love, so we’ll be using a variety of gender depictions in our Position of the Week posts. This will include straight, gay, lesbian, and gender neutral couples, but all positions will have details in the description of how to make them work for your own relationship dynamic.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

2 Likes

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 03 Feb 2019
Back to 2019

Head Over Heels

This position is little bit of a challenge, so make sure to use a sturdy chair with no arms, or a sofa.

How?

She starts by straddling him, then puts her calves on his shoulders and carefully leans back, him holding her middle.

Why?

The view is pretty amazing from his perspective; she has an ‘inverted orgasm’ because the blood is rushing to her head. We feel the sensation of orgasm in our brain as well as our genitals.

Try…

She can increase pressure on his penis by squeezing her thighs and buttocks together.

Make it even better…

She could try using a blindfold. By depriving yourself of one or more senses, the remaining senses become heightened which could lead to a more explosive orgasm. (Make sure you remove the blindfold afterwards to get back on your feet slowly and safely.)

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 10 Feb 2019
Back to 2019

Tip to Toe

Any woman-on-top position ups her chances of orgasm because she’s in control.

How?

He lies flat, she squats and climbs on top, facing his feet. After penetration she leans forward, putting her legs behind her.

Why?

She can press her clitoris against his groin and rock her way to orgasm.

Try…

He’s in the perfect position to wedge a small(ish) vibrator in between the two of you for hands-free fun.

Make it even better…

Her bottom is also in reach for exploring anal play with an anal prober or anal beads, or indulging in a little light spanking.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 17 Feb 2019
Back to 2019

Space Hopper

This position allows her to control the pace while he lies back, enjoying the view.

How?

He lies back, she faces away from him and gets on top.

Why?

He gets off on watching her ride him. Plus, he has a prime view of her bottom! The angle makes her feel particularly tight.

Try…

She can put on a floor show and play with her breasts or clitoris.

Make it even better…

His hands are free to pleasure her from behind. With the Lovehoney Remote Control Vibrating Butt Plug, he can set the speed or pattern that sends her over the edge.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 24 Feb 2019
Back to 2019

The Hammock

Feel like you’re flying without joining the Mile High Club! This position is a bit of a challenge, so make sure he is sat on something sturdy before you begin.

How?

Facing in the same direction, she lowers herself onto his lap to be penetrated. Then he leans back and she leans forward until lying almost straight. He holds onto her wrists, she digs her heels into his back for balance.

Why?

Because it’s tons of fun to try, though harder than you think, to thrust.

Try…

If it all gets a bit too much, he can pull her back onto his lap relatively easy.

Make it even better…

Sexy lingerie that showcases her bum, like the Lovehoney Wild Romance Basque Set, will make for a very enticing view for him. (Available in UK sizes 10-16 and 18-24)

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 09 Mar 2019
Back to 2019

The Corkscrew

A little bit of an unusual angle for sex, The Corkscrew is a great position to try if you want him to last a little longer.

How?

Start in the usual him-on-top position, then he uses his forearms and feet to swivel himself into position.

Why?

The ‘corkscrew’ effect feels good for both but difficult intercourse positions distract his brain from focusing too much on how good everything feels.

Try…

If he keeps falling out, swivel until you’re angled to more of an 'X; shape with his feet and legs closer to her feet.

Make it even better…

A couple’s vibrator like the Tracey Cox Twin Silicone Vibrating Love Ring will give him gentle constriction (keeping him harder for longer) while offering intense vibrations for her.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 16 Mar 2019
Back to 2019

Hot Seat

This position is great for achieving G-Spot orgasms as she is in control of the pleasure. Make sure to use a sturdy chair, or even better – a large sofa.

How?

He sits, she climbs on top, feet flat on the chair, arms on his shoulders.

Why?

His hands on her upper thighs help her thrust but she’s the one in control of the angle, speed and depth.

Try…

The same position but her facing the other way; she can alter the angle of penetration by leaning back or forward and putting her knees down or up.

Make it even better…

Wearing open cup crotchless lingerie during sex will give him exciting visual stimulation. We recommend Lovehoney Boudoir Belle Quarter Cup Bra Set (available in UK sizes 6-16) or Lovehoney Plus Size Rendezvous Open-Cup Body (available in UK sizes 18-24).

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 23 Mar 2019
Back to 2019

Voyeur’s Delight
(see also: Yogi)

If he (like many of us) is someone who really appreciates the view during sex, then this is a great position to quickly bring on that big O.

How?

She lies back, he gets between her legs, picks her up and holds his hands under her bottom.

Why?

She’s laid out in front of him so he has peak visual stimulation. Most men are turned on more by what they can see than what they feel.

Try…

Add to the eroticism by talking dirty, taking turns to tell each other your darkest, sexiest fantasies.

Make it even better…

For more comfort for her, and to help hold the position for longer, wedge a sex position cushion under her back.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 30 Mar 2019
Back to 2019

Sexy Yoga

Positions where she is on top means she’s in control of the speed and depth of penetration, and ultimately – her own comfort and pleasure.

How?

She lowers herself onto his erect penis, feet on the floor either side. Once penetrated, she lifts one leg at a time to cross her legs.

Why?

It stops him pulling back and thrusting too deep which may cause discomfort or pain if he is on the bigger side. Instead, she rolls her hips and bottom in a circular motion.

Try…

She can lean forward, back or sideways to control how deep he thrusts and where on the vaginal wall he’s targeting.

Make it even better…

Clitoral, testicle and penis thrills are all yours, rolled into one explosive, climactic package with the Tracey Cox Supersex Rechargeable Vibrating Love Ring.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 06 Apr 2019
Back to 2019

Raunchy Rider

Let her take the reigns in this position, where she is in charge of the movements and he just comes along for the ride. Giddy-up!

How?

He gets into position, hips lifted and balancing on hands and feet, she climbs on top.

Why?

Unless he’s very strong, this only works as a quickie, but it strongly appeals to women who like taking control.

Try…

Use it to play out a mistress-slave role play fantasy.

Make it even better…

To achieve and maintain this position for longer, try the Bondage Boutique Sex Position Enhancer Chair to support her weight while offering satisfying bounce.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 13 Apr 2019
Back to 2019

The Cover-Up

With your bodies intertwined and plenty of eye contact, this is a great position to help you feel closer to your partner.

How?

He sits, she lowers herself onto his lap. Both keep their upper torso close and cuddly.

Why?

Most men are visually stimulated and this position stops him focusing on intimate areas which can tip him over the edge too soon.

Try…

Break up the session and make him last longer by taking oral sex breaks: if we’re losing control, he stops to give her oral.

Make it even better…

Add a beaded butt plug (for him or her) and a couple’s vibrating cock ring for a plethora of nerve-tingling sensations.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 27 Apr 2019
Back to 2019

Misson Impossible

If you and your partner are of significantly differing sizes, positions like Missionary can be somewhat of a logistical challenge. This position allows better alignment for sessions you’ll both love.

How?

He stands behind, she holds onto the chair and pushes her bottom high so he can penetrate.

Why?

Standing positions work well for couples of differing weights because no one’s lying on top of anyone. Holding onto a sturdy chair provides good stability.

Try…

He’s shorter? Pull the chair closer and get her to lean on the seat on her forearms.

Make it even better…

With his hands supporting her hips, and her hands holding onto the chair for support, hands-free toys like a strap-on clitoral vibrator or butt plug will add another exciting dimension of sensation.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 04 May 2019
Back to 2019

The Leg Lift

A snuggly, cosy fit for you and your partner, the angle of this position also offers lots of stimulation for both of you.

How?

She lies back and puts her feet on his shoulders. He holds her bottom and penetrates.

Why?

The position of her legs make her feel tighter and also allows deep access so he can penetrate fully.

Try…

Vary it by her pulling her knees closer to her chest or wrapping them around his back for deeper penetration just before orgasm.

Make it even better…

A sex position cushion like the Liberator Sex Position Wedge will allow you to hold this position more comfortably, and for longer.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

1 Like