Positions of the Week

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 24 Feb 2019
Back to 2019

The Hammock

Feel like you’re flying without joining the Mile High Club! This position is a bit of a challenge, so make sure he is sat on something sturdy before you begin.

How?

Facing in the same direction, she lowers herself onto his lap to be penetrated. Then he leans back and she leans forward until lying almost straight. He holds onto her wrists, she digs her heels into his back for balance.

Why?

Because it’s tons of fun to try, though harder than you think, to thrust.

Try…

If it all gets a bit too much, he can pull her back onto his lap relatively easy.

Make it even better…

Sexy lingerie that showcases her bum, like the Lovehoney Wild Romance Basque Set, will make for a very enticing view for him. (Available in UK sizes 10-16 and 18-24)

Non-hetero?

This position can be adapted for female-female couples with the use of a strap-on dildo. It’s also a great position to try for anal sex (and add a male masturbator into the mix if the receiver has a penis).

I tried it and I…
  • Loved it :heart:
  • Thought it was fun :smiley:
  • Didn’t get on with it :woman_shrugging:
  • Broke myself :face_with_head_bandage:
  • Voted by accident :man_facepalming:

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 09 Mar 2019
Back to 2019

The Corkscrew

A little bit of an unusual angle for sex, The Corkscrew is a great position to try if you want him to last a little longer.

How?

Start in the usual him-on-top position, then he uses his forearms and feet to swivel himself into position.

Why?

The ‘corkscrew’ effect feels good for both but difficult intercourse positions distract his brain from focusing too much on how good everything feels.

Try…

If he keeps falling out, swivel until you’re angled to more of an 'X; shape with his feet and legs closer to her feet.

Make it even better…

A couple’s vibrator like the Tracey Cox Twin Silicone Vibrating Love Ring will give him gentle constriction (keeping him harder for longer) while offering intense vibrations for her.

Non-hetero?

This position can be adapted for female-female couples with the use of a strap-on dildo. It’s also a great position to try for anal sex (and add a male masturbator into the mix if the receiver has a penis).

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 16 Mar 2019
Back to 2019

Hot Seat

This position is great for achieving G-Spot orgasms as she is in control of the pleasure. Make sure to use a sturdy chair, or even better – a large sofa.

How?

He sits, she climbs on top, feet flat on the chair, arms on his shoulders.

Why?

His hands on her upper thighs help her thrust but she’s the one in control of the angle, speed and depth.

Try…

The same position but her facing the other way; she can alter the angle of penetration by leaning back or forward and putting her knees down or up.

Make it even better…

Wearing open cup crotchless lingerie during sex will give him exciting visual stimulation. We recommend Lovehoney Boudoir Belle Quarter Cup Bra Set (available in UK sizes 6-16) or Lovehoney Plus Size Rendezvous Open-Cup Body (available in UK sizes 18-24).

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 23 Mar 2019
Back to 2019

Voyeur’s Delight
(see also: Yogi)

If he (like many of us) is someone who really appreciates the view during sex, then this is a great position to quickly bring on that big O.

How?

She lies back, he gets between her legs, picks her up and holds his hands under her bottom.

Why?

She’s laid out in front of him so he has peak visual stimulation. Most men are turned on more by what they can see than what they feel.

Try…

Add to the eroticism by talking dirty, taking turns to tell each other your darkest, sexiest fantasies.

Make it even better…

For more comfort for her, and to help hold the position for longer, wedge a sex position cushion under her back.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 30 Mar 2019
Back to 2019

Sexy Yoga

Positions where she is on top means she’s in control of the speed and depth of penetration, and ultimately – her own comfort and pleasure.

How?

She lowers herself onto his erect penis, feet on the floor either side. Once penetrated, she lifts one leg at a time to cross her legs.

Why?

It stops him pulling back and thrusting too deep which may cause discomfort or pain if he is on the bigger side. Instead, she rolls her hips and bottom in a circular motion.

Try…

She can lean forward, back or sideways to control how deep he thrusts and where on the vaginal wall he’s targeting.

Make it even better…

Clitoral, testicle and penis thrills are all yours, rolled into one explosive, climactic package with the Tracey Cox Supersex Rechargeable Vibrating Love Ring.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 06 Apr 2019
Back to 2019

Raunchy Rider

Let her take the reigns in this position, where she is in charge of the movements and he just comes along for the ride. Giddy-up!

How?

He gets into position, hips lifted and balancing on hands and feet, she climbs on top.

Why?

Unless he’s very strong, this only works as a quickie, but it strongly appeals to women who like taking control.

Try…

Use it to play out a mistress-slave role play fantasy.

Make it even better…

To achieve and maintain this position for longer, try the Bondage Boutique Sex Position Enhancer Chair to support her weight while offering satisfying bounce.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 13 Apr 2019
Back to 2019

The Cover-Up

With your bodies intertwined and plenty of eye contact, this is a great position to help you feel closer to your partner.

How?

He sits, she lowers herself onto his lap. Both keep their upper torso close and cuddly.

Why?

Most men are visually stimulated and this position stops him focusing on intimate areas which can tip him over the edge too soon.

Try…

Break up the session and make him last longer by taking oral sex breaks: if we’re losing control, he stops to give her oral.

Make it even better…

Add a beaded butt plug (for him or her) and a couple’s vibrating cock ring for a plethora of nerve-tingling sensations.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 27 Apr 2019
Back to 2019

Misson Impossible

If you and your partner are of significantly differing sizes, positions like Missionary can be somewhat of a logistical challenge. This position allows better alignment for sessions you’ll both love.

How?

He stands behind, she holds onto the chair and pushes her bottom high so he can penetrate.

Why?

Standing positions work well for couples of differing weights because no one’s lying on top of anyone. Holding onto a sturdy chair provides good stability.

Try…

He’s shorter? Pull the chair closer and get her to lean on the seat on her forearms.

Make it even better…

With his hands supporting her hips, and her hands holding onto the chair for support, hands-free toys like a strap-on clitoral vibrator or butt plug will add another exciting dimension of sensation.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 04 May 2019
Back to 2019

The Leg Lift

A snuggly, cosy fit for you and your partner, the angle of this position also offers lots of stimulation for both of you.

How?

She lies back and puts her feet on his shoulders. He holds her bottom and penetrates.

Why?

The position of her legs make her feel tighter and also allows deep access so he can penetrate fully.

Try…

Vary it by her pulling her knees closer to her chest or wrapping them around his back for deeper penetration just before orgasm.

Make it even better…

A sex position cushion like the Liberator Sex Position Wedge will allow you to hold this position more comfortably, and for longer.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 11 May 2019
Back to 2019

The Jockey

As she has full control of depth and thrust, The Jockey can be a more comfortable position for her if he’s on the larger side.

How?

She straddles him in a ‘cowgirl’ position. He then puts her in charge of thrusting by supporting himself on his arms hands and keeping one leg bent.

Why?

Positions where her legs are spread wide work if he’s thick as well as long – but only if she’s in control of the depth of penetration.

Try…

He should enter a little at a time and stop every inch to allow her muscles to relax around him. Penetrate from different angles to see which feels most comfortable.

Make it even better…

A blindfold for him will mean she has complete control. It may also mean his remaining senses will be heightened for mind-blowing sensations.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 18 May 2019
Back to 2019

Up Against It

This position is great for a quickie and can be adapted by the use of a sex swing or a sturdy countertop.

How?

She jumps up and wraps her legs around his waist, he manoeuvres her so that her back is against the wall.

Why?

It’s perfect for drunken hallway sex when you’re both so desperate you can’t even make it to the bedroom.

Try…

Leaving clothes on and merely unzipping and pulling knickers aside makes it more exciting.

Make it even better…

It can take women a little longer than men to build up arousal, so with quickie positions like this one, make sure to use a good quality lubricant.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 25 May 2019
Back to 2019

Tight Squeeze

She is in complete control in this position which means she can adjust pressure and stimulation to make him last longer.

How?

He sits and leans back on his arms, she lowers herself onto him, then leans back on her arm, using her feet to balance and thrust.

Why?

From this position, it’s easy for her to reach down and squeeze the base of his penis firmly for a few seconds, which can delay ejaculation.

Try…

Stopping thrusting while you both lean forward to kiss. It’s sexy but offers less intense stimulation.

Make it even better…

A vibrating love ring offers gentle constriction for him for enhanced erections and delayed gratification, while delivering tingly thrills to both of you for extra pleasurable playtimes.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 01 Jun 2019
Back to 2019

The Right Angle

With the deep thrusting this position allows, coupled with the extra friction her closed legs create, this is position will have him finishing in record time!

How?

From missionary, she puts her feet onto his shoulders, making it easy to access his bits with her hands.

Why?

She can easily reach around to hold the base of his penis, pulling his foreskin back for maximum sensitivity.

Try…

She can also cup and massage his testicles: a sure-fire orgasm trigger for lots of men.

Make it even better…

Send him right over the edge by wearing open-cup lingerie for exciting visual stimulation.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 08 Jun 2019
Back to 2019

Table Top

Yes, this position is actually possible, but you do need bloody strong arms, legs and buttocks to hold it.

How?

Start with him sitting with legs straight and her on his lap. Both rest your weight on your arms first, then lift bottoms high.

Why?

If you spend hours getting in shape at the gym – this is the position that shows off all that hard work.

Try…

Lowering your bottoms to the floor when you feel yourselves collapsing but leaving your hands in the same position.

Make it even better…

With all arms and hands being used to hold the position, a butterfly strap-on vibrator and nipple suckers will add those extra thrilling sensations.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 15 Jun 2019
Back to 2019

Armadillo Style

Intimate and great for adding a spark to your sex life, this missionary-style position is great for an impulsive quickie.

How?

Close your eyes and think back to the first position you ever had sex in. We guarantee this was it.

Why?

The good old missionary is still the number one favourite for most couples – especially when overcome with lust!

Try…

She can wrap her legs around his back for deeper penetration.

Make it even better…

A vibrating love ring will add extra thrills for both of you while leaving hands free for intimate embraces.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 22 Jun 2019
Back to 2019

The Babe Bendover

The Babe Bendover is a position that can help him last longer and maximise pleasure for both partners.

How?

She stands with her back to him, he penetrates. He holds her hips while she leans forward onto her hands, putting her legs behind his.

Why?

He runs the show and is in complete control of the depth of penetration, angle and pace - he can stop or slow down if he gets too carried away.

Try…

Giving him his first orgasm using her hands or mouth. He’ll usually last longer second time around.

Add a toy…

Take those orgasms from mmmm to ooooh! with the skin-tingling Lovehoney Ignite Orgasm Gel.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 29 Jun 2019
Back to 2019

Doggie and the Butterfly

Elevate the classic doggie style position to orgasmic new heights for her by adding a butterfly strap-on vibrator.

How?

She’s on all fours, he kneels behind and penetrates, holding her by the hips.

Why?

This position combines deep, front wall specific penetration with easy access to the clitoris for direct and constant stimulation.

Try…

Add another dimension of pleasure by delivering a few well-timed, light but stinging spanks on her buttocks.

Add a butterfly vibrator…

Clitoral stimulation can be awkward while doing it doggie style. Solve that by adding a butterfly vibrator into the mix.

Worn via simple straps around the thighs and bum, butterfly vibes nestle against her sweet spot and the vibrations are controlled hands-free with a remote. Who’s in charge? You decide…

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 06 Jul 2019
Back to 2019

Open Sesame

If he’s on the small side, this position can help ensure that you both have more pleasure.

How?

She’s on her back, he crouches in front, lifts her bottom and penetrates, then puts his hands on the floor.

Why?

She has to squeeze her bottom and pelvic floor muscles to stay in position, keeping the vaginal canal tight.

Try…

Getting her to spread her legs as wide as possible, ensuring his entire length is buried deep inside.

Make it even better…

Make shared climaxes a reality with our super-orgasmic Vibrating Rabbit Cock Ring.

Try taking things up a gear with a position enhancer like the Liberator Sex Wedge, which allows for deeper penetration and more intense clitoral contact - win! If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative, the DOMINIX Deluxe Inflatable Sex Position Ramp is great for helping you maintain your favourite positions for longer. See even more sex position enhancers here.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 13 Jul 2019
Back to 2019

Horsing Around

Try spicing things up with an advanced sex position to discover new sensations. Challenge accepted?

How?

He gets into position and she lowers herself onto his penis with legs on the floor, then lifts them behind her to rest on his knees.

Why?

If she’s little and he’s strong, this is the ultimate show-off hero position. It takes her-on-top to a new level.

Try…

Thrusting is impossible, so she should clench and release her kegel muscles to bring him to orgasm; also try wedging a mid-size vibe in place for her.

Make it better…

Whisper-quiet and wickedly powerful, the Lovehoney Silencer Classic Vibratrator sends intense stimulation to where you want it most.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 20 Jul 2019
Back to 2019

Lazy Leg-Over

If he’s on the big side, this position is ideal for intimate contact and satisfaction without the discomfort.

How?

Start with her on top, then she lies flat, slides to one side and places her leg high on his hip.

Why?

The sideways angle prevents deep thrusting and full body contact makes it intimate and snuggly.

Try…

Remember to squeeze that tube of lube! Even if she’s wet to start with, stop and add more to keep things nice and slippery.

Make it better…

Smooth this lube over your partner’s sweet spots to enhance every kiss and lick and enjoy the sweet scent of strawberries infusing the air.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019