Positions of the Week

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 22 Jun 2019
Back to 2019

The Babe Bendover

The Babe Bendover is a position that can help him last longer and maximise pleasure for both partners.

How?

She stands with her back to him, he penetrates. He holds her hips while she leans forward onto her hands, putting her legs behind his.

Why?

He runs the show and is in complete control of the depth of penetration, angle and pace - he can stop or slow down if he gets too carried away.

Try…

Giving him his first orgasm using her hands or mouth. He’ll usually last longer second time around.

Add a toy…

Take those orgasms from mmmm to ooooh! with the skin-tingling Lovehoney Ignite Orgasm Gel.

Non-hetero?

This position can be adapted for female-female couples with the use of a strap-on dildo. It’s also a great position to try for anal sex (and add a male masturbator into the mix if the receiver has a penis).

I tried it and I…
  • Loved it :heart:
  • Thought it was fun :smiley:
  • Didn’t get on with it :woman_shrugging:
  • Broke myself :face_with_head_bandage:
  • Voted by accident :man_facepalming:

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 29 Jun 2019
Back to 2019

Doggie and the Butterfly

Elevate the classic doggie style position to orgasmic new heights for her by adding a butterfly strap-on vibrator.

How?

She’s on all fours, he kneels behind and penetrates, holding her by the hips.

Why?

This position combines deep, front wall specific penetration with easy access to the clitoris for direct and constant stimulation.

Try…

Add another dimension of pleasure by delivering a few well-timed, light but stinging spanks on her buttocks.

Add a butterfly vibrator…

Clitoral stimulation can be awkward while doing it doggie style. Solve that by adding a butterfly vibrator into the mix.

Worn via simple straps around the thighs and bum, butterfly vibes nestle against her sweet spot and the vibrations are controlled hands-free with a remote. Who’s in charge? You decide…

Non-hetero?

This position can be adapted for female-female couples with the use of a strap-on dildo. It’s also a great position to try for anal sex (and add a male masturbator into the mix if the receiver has a penis).

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 06 Jul 2019
Back to 2019

Open Sesame

If he’s on the small side, this position can help ensure that you both have more pleasure.

How?

She’s on her back, he crouches in front, lifts her bottom and penetrates, then puts his hands on the floor.

Why?

She has to squeeze her bottom and pelvic floor muscles to stay in position, keeping the vaginal canal tight.

Try…

Getting her to spread her legs as wide as possible, ensuring his entire length is buried deep inside.

Make it even better…

Make shared climaxes a reality with our super-orgasmic Vibrating Rabbit Cock Ring.

Try taking things up a gear with a position enhancer like the Liberator Sex Wedge, which allows for deeper penetration and more intense clitoral contact - win! If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative, the DOMINIX Deluxe Inflatable Sex Position Ramp is great for helping you maintain your favourite positions for longer. See even more sex position enhancers here.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 13 Jul 2019
Back to 2019

Horsing Around

Try spicing things up with an advanced sex position to discover new sensations. Challenge accepted?

How?

He gets into position and she lowers herself onto his penis with legs on the floor, then lifts them behind her to rest on his knees.

Why?

If she’s little and he’s strong, this is the ultimate show-off hero position. It takes her-on-top to a new level.

Try…

Thrusting is impossible, so she should clench and release her kegel muscles to bring him to orgasm; also try wedging a mid-size vibe in place for her.

Make it better…

Whisper-quiet and wickedly powerful, the Lovehoney Silencer Classic Vibratrator sends intense stimulation to where you want it most.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 20 Jul 2019
Back to 2019

Lazy Leg-Over

If he’s on the big side, this position is ideal for intimate contact and satisfaction without the discomfort.

How?

Start with her on top, then she lies flat, slides to one side and places her leg high on his hip.

Why?

The sideways angle prevents deep thrusting and full body contact makes it intimate and snuggly.

Try…

Remember to squeeze that tube of lube! Even if she’s wet to start with, stop and add more to keep things nice and slippery.

Make it better…

Smooth this lube over your partner’s sweet spots to enhance every kiss and lick and enjoy the sweet scent of strawberries infusing the air.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 27 Jul 2019
Back to 2019

The Sandwich

If she wants to feel tighter, this is a great position for a more pleasurable fit.

How?

She lies flat, he lies on top and penetrates. She keeps her legs closed and he puts his legs either side of hers.

Why?

By squeezing her legs together, she’s keeping herself tight which instantly makes him feel bigger.

Try…

She can rhythmically clench then release those pelvic floor muscles to ‘milk’ him to a powerful orgasm.

Add a toy…

Add a clitoral vibrator into the mix to send her into orbit. We also stock some great restraint kits and position enhancers that’ll add another sexy dimension to any position.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 03 Aug 2019
Back to 2019

Stand and Deliver
(see also: The Stocking Stuffer)

This position is a sure-fire way of making him orgasm faster.

How?

Try the kitchen bench or a (sturdy) chest of drawers, side cabinet or table. She lies flat and he stands in front.

Why?

It’s comfortable but allows him to thrust as deep, hard and fast as he likes and really let loose.

Try…

Maintaining eye contact as you’re both about to orgasm. Watching her breasts wobble with each thrust!

Add a toy…

Explore anal play for the first time with this petite, smooth beginner’s butt plug and unlock explosive anal pleasure.

Add a clitoral vibrator and nipple toys to heighten sensitivity of your lover’s other erogenous zones, and give them all-over orgasms.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 10 Aug 2019
Back to 2019

The Voyeur

Love a quickie? Take advantage of this low-effort, high reward sex position.

How?

He sits down, legs spread. She sits between his legs, helps him penetrate, then puts her legs on his shoulders. Both rest on your hands.

Why?

If you’ve both had a bit too much to drink and want zero-effort sex, this fits the bill.

Try…

Talking dirty or confessing that dark, secret fantasy while maintaining eye contact.

Add a toy…

The BASICS Vibrating Rabbit Cock Ring is super-stretchy and boasts quivering rabbit ears for intense clitoral stimulation for her. Strong vibrations pulse through this stimulating toy for incredible shared pleasure.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 17 Aug 2019
Back to 2019

Thigh Master

This position is great for deep penetration, and with her clitoral stimulation controlled by her, it’s a sure-fire way of making her orgasm faster.

How?

He sits back, she gets on top and lets him penetrate, then angles herself so she’s rubbing against his thigh.

Why?

By rubbing against his thigh, she ensures the whole clitoral area is stimulated with each thrust, upping the chances of reaching climax.

Try…

She has both hands free to work on her clitoris with her fingers or a vibrator.

Add a toy…

Enjoy easy clitoral stimulation with the Lovehoney Clitoral Caress vibe, a petite, smooth clitoral vibrator that can fit between you both for pinpoint precision or widespread sensations.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 24 Aug 2019
Back to 2019

Standing Doggy

This position is great for deep penetration if he’s on the smaller side.

How?

She gets on all fours on the edge of the bed, he stands behind to penetrate.

Why?

Large penises often hit the cervix from this angle; a more modest size will make her feel ‘full’ but not sore.

Try…

This also works with her legs between his, and his thighs on the outside of hers.

Add a toy…

Why not explore anal pleasure with this position using remote controlled toys? You can choose who controls the vibrations. Either she uses a love egg while having anal sex or a butt plug while he penetrates her vaginally, for sensations both of you will enjoy.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 07 Sep 2019
Back to 2019

Lusty Lean

With your bodies in perfect alignment for deep penetration coupled with the pressure of his weight on her, this position offers a satisfying filling feeling for her, and maximum stimulation for him.

How?

She’s on her back with her calves on his shoulders. He’s on top, in complete control.

Why?

If he’s on the smaller side down there, this position allows him to thrust deep and long without the fear of hurting her.

Try…

She can reach forward to stroke or cup his testicles, or grab his buttocks to pull him even deeper.

Make it even better…

A vibrating butt plug that stimulates sensitive nerve-endings with a suite of speeds and patterns, the Lovehoney Booty Shaker is remote control operable, too. Bottoms up!

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 14 Sep 2019
Back to 2019

Sexy Spoon

This position is perfect if she wants to feel tighter and enjoy extra sensations without deep penetration.

How?

She lies on her side, he lies behind her and penetrates.

Why?

Positions like this which don’t allow deep penetration will make her feel tighter. Besides, all the nerve endings in the vagina are located within an inch or so of the entrance.

Try…

A vibrating penis ring. It keeps him harder and ‘fuller’ and also ups her chances of an orgasm during penetration.

Add a toy…

For extra-tight sensations, he can wear a penis extender that adds extra girth. He can also stimulate her nipples or clitoris with his fingers or a toy for more intense pleasure for her.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 29 Sep 2019
Back to 2019

Hooked on You

Ideal for anyone looking for deeper penetration, but slow, sensual movements, Hooked on You can help you feel extra close to your partner during a spot of good ol’ romantic love-making.

How?

The partner on the bottom sits propped on one arm, with their legs stretched out in front of them. The partner being penetrated then lowers themself onto them, raising one leg over their partner’s shoulder. For added support, the partner on the bottom should wrap their arm around their waist.

If the partner on top finds it tricky to keep their leg fully upright, the partner on the bottom can lean further back on their arms, or you can start off with the partner below lying down before pushing up to a sitting position.

Why?

Because of the balancing, this position means that you both have to go slow, which is great for if you’re looking to last longer or prefer gentle movements.

Plus, if the partner on top has a vulva, the contraction of the muscles required to hold this position could help to kickstart their orgasm (much like a core-gasm does!).

Try…

Moving together by rolling your hips rather than thrusting - it’s easier

Make it even better…

Because your arms and hands are being used to hold the position or support your partner, hands-free toys can really help to add some bonus thrilling sensations.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 06 Oct 2019
Back to 2019

The Starfish

If one of the partners in your sexual relationship has a larger-than-average penis, or one of you prefers shallower penetration, then The Starfish is a great position to switch it up.

How?

A partner with a penis or strap-on lies down, as the other partner lowers themselves onto them with their legs stretched out towards their partner’s shoulders.

The partner on top then slowly lowers the upper half of their body back, so that they are lying flat, facing the opposite way to their lover. Clasping hands as you do this offers both support and leverage, which allows you to move together slowly.

Why?

Because of the angle, penetration is much shallower, which can make things more comfortable if one of you is well-endowed, or one has a shorter vagina.

It also gives easy access to the clitoris or penis of the partner on top, making it simple to work in blended stimulation.

Try…

Supporting the hips and/or back of the top partner with a pillow or sex position enhancer.

Make it even better…

If you find the penetrating partner ‘pops out’ or finds the position uncomfortable, a penis extender can help to give you more to play with (as it were).

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 13 Oct 2019
Back to 2019

Dial L for Love

This aerobic position is great for couples who want to create a tighter sensation during intercourse, as to hold it requires both of you to tense your core muscles.

How?

The partner being penetrated lies on their back between their partner’s legs, while the penetrating partner sits up.

Following entry, the lower partner then raises one leg over their lover’s shoulder, and pushes their upper body upright by resting on their hand.

Why?

Because of the angle of the leg and the tension needed in your tummy to hold this pose, Dial L for Love can help the vagina (or anus if you’re doing this position anally) to feel tighter than in other positions.

For this reason, it can also help to increase sensation for both partners, and can also be a great position if the penetrating partner has a smaller penis.

Try…

Having the penetrating partner hold onto their lover’s waist for greater support and leverage.

Make it even better…

Add a vibrating cock ring for added external stimulation as you grind together.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 20 Oct 2019
Back to 2019

Rolling in the Deep

Enjoy the ultimate combination of deep penetration, rhythmic control and intense intimacy with our Rolling in the Deep position.

How?

He sits with his knees apart and raised, as she slides in between them and cuddles her thighs tight to his chest, placing her legs on his shoulders.

Both partners can then use their arms to cradle one another, pulling their bodies towards each other to aid penetration and a strong, secure position.

Why?

Because of the angle, penetration is much deeper, which is further aided by the strength and control that the positioning of both partners’ arms and legs give.

It also allows for intense eye contact, superb control over pace and rhythm, direct access to the G-spot, plus hands can be freed up to pleasure each other’s erogenous spots, which is always a bonus.

Try…

Maintaining eye contact as you’re both about to climax. Holding each other tightly with each thrust.

Make it even better…

A vibrating cock ring like the Lovehoney Rabbit Rocker 10 Function Remote Control Vibrating Cock Ring will add incredible sensations for both of you. Plus, you can take it in turns to take control of the vibration settings with its handy remote control.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 27 Oct 2019
Back to 2019

The Goddess

With strain and pressure on the legs taken away, you can both rock and grind your way to orgasm with complete ease and comfort.

How?

She kneels on top, lowering herself down onto him with her feet either side, using his legs for balance and support. He keeps his feet on the floor and holds onto her waist.

Why?

She can gently rock and rub against him, alternating between shallow and deep thrusting to massage different parts of the vagina. He can rise to meet every thrust and watch as you both build up to a sweet release.

Try…

Try a seated variation with him sat on the edge of a bed to enable playing around with different depths and angles.

Make it even better…

The Goddess is fantastic for easy clitoral access and a finger vibrator is the perfect toy for this as it slips on and stays on for teasing strokes or targeted clitoral stimulation.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 03 Nov 2019
Back to 2019

The Love Hug

This position creates fantastic intimacy and control over the rhythm and depth of penetration.

How?

He sits with his legs crossed and she lowers herself onto him, placing her legs either side of his bottom, with her arms around his neck. He embraces her by placing his arms around her waist.

Why?

The intimate embrace allows for complete control over the angle, speed and depth of penetration.

Try…

She can wrap her legs around his neck for deeper penetration.

Make it even better…

A couple’s vibrator such as the We-Vibe Unite 2 will fit seamlessly between you for clitoral, G-spot and penis stimulation. Plus, its remote control means you can take it in turns to control the vibration settings.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 10 Nov 2019
Back to 2019

Raise of Glory

A workout for both partners, it tests her flexibility and his ability to achieve the ultimate in deep penetration.

How?

Start off in missionary. She then raises her legs to clasp around his bum, while he rises up into a press up position.

Why?

He has fantastic control over the angle, speed and intensity of each thrust, while she can guide him on what feels good with pressure from her legs.

Try…

Placing a cushion or pillow under her bum to achieve a different angle.

Make it even better…

He can wear a vibrating cock ring to up the intensity of every thrust for both partners.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 17 Nov 2019
Back to 2019

Hard Press

She can enjoy all the benefits of doggy-style while lying down, plus it helps him last longer and she gets targeted G-spot stimulation. Win win.

How?

She lies on her front, leaning on her elbows, while he adopts a press up position on top of her and enters her from behind.

Why?

It’s a little more challenging to thrust in this position due to the angle of penetration, making it perfectly suited to taking it slow and lasting a little longer.

Try

If she closes her legs together, she’ll feel tighter and the stimulation will be increased with each thrust, making the position more intense.

Make it even better

Place a DOMINIX Deluxe Inflatable Sex Position Ramp under her hips to raise them up to allow for deeper penetration, minus having to be on all fours.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019