Positions of the Week

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 06 Oct 2019
Back to 2019

The Starfish

If one of the partners in your sexual relationship has a larger-than-average penis, or one of you prefers shallower penetration, then The Starfish is a great position to switch it up.

How?

A partner with a penis or strap-on lies down, as the other partner lowers themselves onto them with their legs stretched out towards their partner’s shoulders.

The partner on top then slowly lowers the upper half of their body back, so that they are lying flat, facing the opposite way to their lover. Clasping hands as you do this offers both support and leverage, which allows you to move together slowly.

Why?

Because of the angle, penetration is much shallower, which can make things more comfortable if one of you is well-endowed, or one has a shorter vagina.

It also gives easy access to the clitoris or penis of the partner on top, making it simple to work in blended stimulation.

Try…

Supporting the hips and/or back of the top partner with a pillow or sex position enhancer.

Make it even better…

If you find the penetrating partner ‘pops out’ or finds the position uncomfortable, a penis extender can help to give you more to play with (as it were).

Non-hetero?

This position can be adapted for female-female couples with the use of a strap-on dildo. It’s also a great position to try for anal sex (and add a male masturbator into the mix if the receiver has a penis).

I tried it and I…
  • Loved it :heart:
  • Thought it was fun :smiley:
  • Didn’t get on with it :woman_shrugging:
  • Broke myself :face_with_head_bandage:
  • Voted by accident :man_facepalming:

0 voters

Back to 2019