Post Office Collection - EMBARASSMENT!!

I opted to collect my parcel from the Post Office. As I thought this might be the *least embarassing* option, in case someone at home received the parcel.

It all seemed to go ok, until I saw the clerk had to type the sender's postcode (the secret phrase) postcode into her computer and I presume select the senders company from the list. Then her attitude suddenly changed...I think she knew it was lovehoney. When I got home, I went to Royal Mail's website address checker and typed the postcode that is on my parcel and sure enough LOVEHONEY is the first company that comes up!!

So much for private and discreet.

If the post office has an attitude towards you, due to ordering from Lovehoney and it was an issue then you could file a complant.

For me personally It does not bother me if they know, Lovehoney does all that they can to keep things discreet private and confidential.

Yet at the same time , its not nice to be embarased, though the PO would type in details at their puter and Lovehoney would come up

Please don't type the secret phrase anywhere on the forum. Lovehoney work hard to try and keep it under wraps so it doesn't come back in online searches. That's why, if you look closely in the details of how your parcel will come discreetly packaged, the company name is an image and not actual text

My dad picked one up for me a few weeks ago that i missed delivery of, we have the same initial and so we never know who parcels are for. The guy walked out with it, looked at my dad, and said "Oh, it's not for you it's for your daughter, it's from Lovehoney". Not happy.

FoxxyFB wrote:

Please don't type the secret phrase anywhere on the forum. Lovehoney work hard to try and keep it under wraps so it doesn't come back in online searches. That's why, if you look closely in the details of how your parcel will come discreetly packaged, the company name is an image and not actual text

If you google the secret phrase, one of the first results is another forum where someone claiming to be a postman is revealing the secret codes and packaging of lovehoney and a competitor.

Although i suppose thr issue here is a direct link to this forum and site.

Just searched [the secret phrase] and there are a few other websites where people have posted the name too.

You think that's bad? Several months ago (before I came across LH), I ordered something from a company in my country. They claimed "discreet" delivery with no name/contents showing on the parcel, but when I came to pick up my package, the clerk yelled the company name (quite revealing) in front of everyone there with a smirk on his face. He even said: "Have fun" in a naughty kind of way. Ah well, I just smiled and got the hell out of there ![](upload://auespWY2jeVe46VFziva9nry44n.gif)

I think the saddest thing about all this non-discretion form the post office is the people who work there are so immature as to smirk and have a giggle as if ordering a toy and enjoying a healthy sex life is some sort of taboo.

Perhaps they should get on here themselves and lighten up a bit and grow up most of all.

Lovehoney have gone a very long way to keep things discrete, but as we know with the power of the Internet nothing remains a secret forever. The secret phrase. as it were, is blasted all over the internet due to others, some claiming to be postmen, almost trying to 'name and shame'.

Personally, I adopt the attitude that I am the one having fun with the parcel and a lot of fun at that, and the smirkers are probably the ones who sit at home every evening frustrated with their own miserable lives.

I dont openly talk about my sex toy collection and sex life, but I certainly wouldnt deny it if the conversation came up amongst friends.

Furthermore, the postman or the post office clerk certainly wont be sitting round my family dinner table at Christmas to try and embarass me, so smile at them with a glint in your eye which say, 'I am having the kind of fun you only ever dream about having with your partner!' ;-)

The phrase would never say totally secret, the important thing I guess is that it doesn't link here.

I could create a forum post on rodent-friends.com and say I had a package delivered from little hamster (and type in the phrase) which would eventually show up in a google search.

Personally I think even if this phrase wasn't on the box posties and the like would soon cotton on just by the boxes.
A fair few people on my estate shop here, can tell that just from seeing the boxes in the back of the van when they drop mine off!

kanne wrote:

I opted to collect my parcel from the Post Office. As I thought this might be the *least embarassing* option, in case someone at home received the parcel.

It all seemed to go ok, until I saw the clerk had to type the sender's postcode (redacted) postcode into her computer and I presume select the senders company from the list. Then her attitude suddenly changed...I think she knew it was lovehoney. When I got home, I went to Royal Mail's website address checker and typed the postcode that is on my parcel and sure enough LOVEHONEY is the first company that comes up!!

So much for private and discreet.

Please tell us all how you'd like it to be more discreet, a different sender's name for every person maybe? That would need a lot of names.

It's one thing to have delivered to your home, as it stays discreet but picking up from the post office, of course they will know who it is from, as the company details will HAVE to come up, when you sign for it.

It's your choice where the parcel went to, not LH's, so it is not LH's fault.

Plus, for anyone other than the named addressee, to open post, it is actually illegal.

Blueeyes82 wrote:

It's one thing to have delivered to your home, as it stays discreet but picking up from the post office, of course they will know who it is from, as the company details will HAVE to come up, when you sign for it.

This really. Lovehoney goes out of its way in order to keep things as discreet as possible but they have no control over what the post office has to do to record things or what is in their system.

My postman knows where they come from as he has purchased from Lovehoney as well and has never been anything but cool, though I fear he may be thinking I have a problem after deliverying so many lol

I know the phrase is still easy to find on the Internet, Stephanie has said previously that they have to keep making requests to have things removed, and it's not always easy. I was just pointing out to anybody who didn't know, the we're asked not to use the phrase. Jess reminded people on Wednesday in the possible privacy issue thread.

Ok...are you sure her attitude really changed and it wasn't just you panicking that you were being 'caught'?

The delivery IS private and discreet, look at the parcel. But when you're in the post office and they're scanning LH can't lie and put vague names on official systems.

I suggest next time you just have it delivered. Would the people in your home really open your post? If they do it's more an issue that they peeked than what you ordered!

It's just something you have to accept when ordering from here. Somewhere has to say where the hell these mstery parcels are actually coming from, of course people will know what the secret phrase translates to, and obviously they have to use their real return poscode which will find their real, full business name! The point to the discreet delivery is that your parcel could not be identified just to look at. You can't tell what's inside and it doesn't have LOVEHONEY emblazened on it. It's not to stop the post office knowing where your parcel came from.

You may as well be embarrassed about your doctor seeing your bare bum! They see it all the time. It is their job to deliver post and when you see that many parcels from online sex toy retailers, it stops really leaving an impression :)

If she really did change her attitude (from fake and cheerful to what, her normal self? Was she really judging or just letting her mask down while she concentrated?) well sod it. She has a right to her own opinion, if she thinks ordering from LH is seedy well then that's her misinformed mind! Take it as a lesson to have it delivered elsewhere.

I really don't see what there is to be embarrassed about, they don't know what's in the package. They may possibly know where the package is from, but for all they know you could have underwear in there and a pair of shoes in there, since LH also stock those. If I remember rightly I'm sure they also stock shaving stuff too - as well as candles ect.

I've gone passed caring what the postie or anyone else thinks of what is inside my packages, he delivers so many packages to me from so many different places I can't even imagine what he thinks.

Although I admire lh fir tgeir privacy im upset to read this about thus great company n somewhat puts me off order a little bit as I still live with my oarents etc n privacy is important to me.

Personally, I don't mind picking up parcels from the delivery office. However, most of the time, if we are out, the post man just leaves it somewhere on our property (which we did not agree to on the order form). But I don't mind that either - because if there is a problem with it or if it gets found and stolen, it will be the delivery company's responsibility.

I am happy with the deicrete packaging from LH. My OH however, now knows when I have ordered something from LH as she now recognises the logo on the parcel - whereas when I started ordering things she was none the wiser. Oh well.

I know Anne Summers are similar - but have a completely different name attached - I don't know what jumps up if you search for it though.

sassykitten;) wrote:

Although I admire lh fir tgeir privacy im upset to read this about thus great company n somewhat puts me off order a little bit as I still live with my oarents etc n privacy is important to me.

This is the point. If it's just arriving at your house your parents have no way of knowing what is inside. It doesn't say anywhere on the parcel where it is from. OP is talking about the post office knowing because they scanned the barcode and their system showed up LOVEHONEY instead of the secret phrase, which is what is written on the parcels. Unless your parents open your post they'll never know.

Hey you lot, pop out a few kids, privacy won't be an issues, when you've had atleast 8 different midvies up your foo foo, 3 different Dr's and good knows what instruments :p

(just a lil humour,although, that was how my last birth went)

Lol blues right. No dignity after kids lol