Posting a review of a new item

How the frick do I review a new item? Ruth sent me something and I dunno how to review it! I did stumble across a new product link, but it sent me to an existing product.

I'm lost!

(Lol- I did just grab the vibe in question thinking it was my mouse... my mind, I worry for it)

Ruth sent me an email with a link to post for a product they don't stock yet - I'll see if I can copy it for you.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/reviews/write-a-review.html

Oooh, good point - we'll try to make it more obvious where to start if it's a new product.

The page Horny Pony mentions is linked from the How To Write a Review help page, so there it's a bit of a click-trek to get to.

Hi Richard/Ruthie et al....

Mrs T and l forwent our toast and coffee this am and instead submitted a rather overdue review for Sentinel which LH were kind enough to send us. The thing was that you used to list outstanding, in terms of their not being done. review items under our profile but it wasn;t the case this time... is that a permanent change or oversight/ Thanks

Tallboy

Thanks Horny Pony!

Idea for a review writing competition to get members in the groove-

LH notify various members of a LH item, and they then write reviews of their notified items without mentioning it by name or citing significant or less significant sections of the website descriptions or unique price.

The one/few reckoned the most descriptive to be acknowledged. Obviously some similarities would have to be included amongst the items to avoid obvious ones which all might guess.

Just and idea LH.

Tallboy

I got one this morning (cheers - should have checked my email, made me jump a little!), and already I'm impressed. Fantastic Engrish is used...

Hi LH,

I thought i'd submitted a review for a tester product you seet me yesterday morning, but it doesn't show up anywhere in my account or on the review pages - is this normal ordid I never submit anything yesterday?

The product was a magic cock ring 2.0.

Cheers

sm

hey sm

if it was a new product they dont show up till there product go's live on the site, i had a tester product and did my review but i dont think they stock it as my review has never shown up on my page.

Dxx

Ah - it all becomes clear - thanks ladies!

was wondering this as well as i have reviewed something which hasnt come onto the site yet

thanks for clearing that up

PPB

x

was just looking at the whats new bit on the main site and i found a toy i tested months ago,http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15580 is now live but it doesnt have a review up yet :S but i did review it... i remeber i sent it.... im sure i did! lol.

anyway thought id just say :S

Dxx

One i reviewed months back just went on the site today Hun - they did add the review, but not immediately, I'm sure it'll be up soon x

Thre's one up from you now hun x

lol ive just seen! im so impatent so sorry for adding to the thread lol.

and thanks for replying and i just read your review aswell, it was really good :)

Dxx

I've submitted two reviews for products that aren't live yet and I always assume they've not made it to the might review editor...

I don't think there is but is there any confirmation that LH has gotten our tester review for products that aren't live or could there be?

Ta, LH!

Hi WandA, we've definitely got your reviews lurking in lurkdom (you've been hanging around with Nutcases, by the look of it!)

I guess we need to introduce a system to make sure all you nose-to-the-grindstone reviewers get a wee "thanks, we've got your review" email. Great suggestion and we'll try and make sure we do in future. (We don't put your reviews in the spare room underneath the bed, honest!)

Thanks Steve!

Would be useful to know if its recieved, Thank you!

That's a fab suggestion! I've had this problem with a tester before - with things that aren't live it's hard to know if reviews were received as we all know how unpredictable the interweb can be!

Ax