Praise Kink

Just read an article in the Daily Mail, yes I know not exactly a broad sheet newspaper.

Anyway the article was on something called the Praise Kink, I didn’t know that such a thing existed and thought it more part of the natural sex filled comments exchanged between partners whilst doing the deed.

I have copied some of the article below:

What is ‘praise kink’ and what phrases can you use?

Praise kink, which is sometimes known as ‘affirmation play’ or a good girl kink, involves the dominant or top showering their partner with compliments, kind words, and other sorts of praise.

Obviously, receiving praise and being told that you are valued, and valuable feels good. You’ve probably felt something similar if you ever received a compliment for your hard work on a project for work or school. However, with praise kink, that euphoric feeling is magnified and sexually charged!

There’s another reason why some people are attracted to praise kink, though. Receiving kind words can be a bit embarrassing. Anyone who struggles to take a compliment knows what we’re talking about.

Has anyone else heard of it, I thought telling the OH she has fantastic tits, was just part of intercourse not a fetish.

4 Likes

I read it earlier, and thought much the same as you - I didn’t think it was its own kink!

The ‘good girl’ parts I would equate as part of sub play and the praising I just thought it’s always nice to hear your partner is attracted to you! :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

There is a massive difference between saying nice thing to your partner/appreciating hearing nice things from your partner during play and praise kink. If you have a praise kink, it’s about needing to hear those things and planning your actions around that. The words are what get you off/triggers the happy headspace that people get from kink.

5 Likes

So I have a praise kink, I really enjoy being called a good girl and given praise during sex. I especially love it when OH is using a dildo on me and tells me how well I’m taking it.
For me there is nothing better than my partner telling me how how much of a good girl I’ve been, while rewarding me. I can’t say why it turns me on so much or why I enjoy it but I do. It takes sex to a whole new level for me really adds to my pleasure, it makes everything more intense for me.

7 Likes

Yes i think it’s quit a common one :smiling_face:
Though what I think the article missed was the difference between words of affirmation and praise especially when it comes to sexual acts.
For me it’s very much about feeling like I’m pleasing my dominant and getting that little dopamine hit for doing something well :sweat_smile:.
A lot of people enjoy words of affirmation and I may be wrong but the way I see it is people without a praise link may like words of affirmation about love and more visuals or the way they look.
Whereas someone with a praise kink may prefer praise for acts or “good” behaviour.
For me it is also intertwined with being a brat. So when I don’t do as I’m told I get “punished” but when I do as I’m told I get praised and get a release of those happy chemicals :smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have a lot of kinks but my praise kink is probably by far the most needy :sweat_smile: i dont only like to hear praise in bed but also outside the bedroom. It spurs me to stay motivated and finish the jobs/chores/taks that are assigned for the day. I want to be told how well ive done it and that hes proud of me. Were getting ready to introduce a reward scheme so i can earn points for things ive completed and done well and can then cash them in for rewards.

1 Like

I can kinda get how that could work out but I think if it was done regularly the shine might wear off it like if someone was to say your beautiful everyday… to start it might be embarrassing then sweet then lovely, then kinda annoying and then just a comment spoken too much with little effect :face_with_peeking_eye:

@AJSTAR not at all. Praise is different to a compliment. My OH he been praising me about how good my ass feels for going on 4 years every time we have anal. He’s the same effect now as it did when he first said it. Same with being called a good girl will never get board of that.

1 Like

I kinda like it. But we sort of have a little routine to it. I’m halfway feral, and I have to be soothed and tamed to be bred. I get praises for being well behaved, and for how much I can cum.

Ahh that’s brilliant news and very encouraging to hear :smiley: do you find the praise gives you a happy rush effect when he gives it to you?

@AJSTAR Very much so, it also turns me on more and encourages me to do more for him.

Oooh I so hope one day I get to experience this sort of thing with someone :smiley: