Preferred Vibrator Shape?

Hello to the Lovehoney crowd, I am doing some research for a University project and wanted to find out your opinion.

What shape do you prefer when looking for a vibrator? Do you prefer it to be phalic in shape or would you prefer an alternative shape?

Hmm ... What's your project on, specifically?

Our class is studying sexual health and wellbeing, one of the topics within this field is recreational sex and how these products are designed for the users. I am looking to see if there is a gap between what users want and what is being designed for them.

I am investigating if the shape will influence how it preforms or how users perceive it.

My B/f brought back a wolf which was nice

I hate phalic shaped toys and toys with a bulbous end because it makes removal painful. I like toys to look like a work of art hence why I love LELO and glass toys!

My Mrs has the same opinion to the above post. She prefers toys not to look like sex toys .

I love toys with a bulbous end because they make my G spot happy. But I see where the above posters are coming from, removal can be a bit of a pain.

I don't really mind about the shape other than that, but realistic looking toys really freak me out! I'll happily buy a toy shaped like an actual penis provided it's a weird colour so that it doesn't look like it could actually be a part of someone's body.

I am happy for my wife to have any shape she chooses but it must not break the cardinal rule of being bigger than macspants jr. Fortunately this limits her choice to the budget range, realistic looks is ok, but some of these so called "realistic " dildo's?

Maybe if they were moulded on an elephant I would agree.

I know what people mean about the bulbous end being uncomfortable on removal but I find with my glass dildo that's not a problem as the glass is so smooth, it makes a satisfying popping noise as it's pulled out!
I'm happy with either realistic looking or toys that don't look like sex toys - easy to please really !

I prefer my sex toys to be totally unrealistic and not phallic. I don't mind bulbous tips, but prefer them to blend in to the rest of the toy nicely, instead of just being a massive ball attached to the shaft, otherwise they are painful to remove.

I don't like how a lot of vibrators are modelled after penises - I know the idea is to provide a similar sensation, but if I wanted a penis my OH has a perfectly good one! He also doesn't like the idea of me using realistic dildos, which I totally respect. This does limit my options a bit, as quite a few of the cheaper rabbit toys are penis shaped, and I can't afford an expensive one.

I know my views may differ to the general consensus, I guess we all have our own preferences though ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Boogaloo wrote:

This does limit my options a bit, as quite a few of the cheaper rabbit toys are penis shaped, and I can't afford an expensive one.

The Tracey Cox rabbit and the Charlize are both good quality, reasonably priced rabbits that aren't phallic shaped so you may want to try one of those (if you haven't go them already)

Happy with any shape but love all glass :)

Perspnallllike, iI find my preference changes with my mood. Some days, I prefer a lipstick shaped bullet (not a huge fan of the sharply pointed end on some), while other days I find I crave something more phallic. +1 on the negative feedback for bulbous ended toys though.

Dani said it better than I could! Totally agree with her, we have no interest in introducing another penis to the bedroom but do enjoy using other toys. :)

I've never owned anything by Lelo, but they look fantastic. If I ever came into some money that's what I'd go for! The colours and overall design of Lelo always looks very sleek and stylish, I know looks aren't the most important thing but it does make me feel more like I'm treating myself, as Dani said.

Realistic actually works better for me

I love glass.

Though as for shape, smething smooth, with some ribs, not the type thats rough mind you, I have one sex toy and it hurts because the ribs on it are over pronounced, and then I have a glass dildo where the ribs are subtle and its amazing :)