Pregnancy Sex Tips please!

My misses is 29 weeks pregnant and we're finding it difficult to enjoy sex as a) the baby bump is getting big and in the way and B) she is suffering with her hips and can't put much pressure on them or rest on them. Just wondering if anyone has and tips or advice for us!

At the moment we are happily having fun pleasing each other with our hands and toys we both have (male sleeve and her Lovehoney vibrator) but we do miss the sex!

Cheers

D

This post is no longer available.

Hiya,

Congrats first of all on the baby!

I myself have had 2 children, and the fact you are both still enjoying being intimate is great as sometimes pregnancy can certainly kill the mood.

Towards the last stretch your wife will ache everywhere! So her comfort is priority I'm sure. You mentioned her hips are really aching, this struck a chord with me as with my 2nd going into the final trimester I developed SPD which started with my hips feeling really achy and ended up with them pretty much dislocating whenever I moved and I could barely walk in the end! Not trying to scare you but just make sure she isn't putting any more strain on them than necessary.

In regards to sexual positions, doggy style always works when the baby bump is big, however may hurt her back / hips. If she is happy on her side then spooning position can be really relaxing and also feel really intimate.

At this stage, from a woman's point of view (biased I know) just look after her. Her body probably feels like it's running a marathon everyday! I'd be inclined to suggest to let her relax while you bring her to orgasm via foreplay/ toys... and then let her sleep haha

Hi!!

I'm currently over 38wks pregnant and me and my OH still manage to have sex, although it's a little bit more difficult now!

Spooning position helps for achey hips, also doggy (maybe with some pillows to support her bump as it grows?).

Congratulations :)

Thanks for the replies! We haven't tried the spooning one yet so may give that a go. We love being intimate and most of the time we just enjoying spooning and cuddling each other! We are really enjoying using the toys and I do try look after her but she doesn't like being centre of attention!

I brought her the purple baby doll outfit to wear and she loves it, can't wait for the night she's wearing when I come home from shift! She's surprised she can feel sexy and be pregnant at the same time!!!

congrats on the baby 😊 and well done to your partner for still wanting sex whilst pregnant ( I was completely put off ) 🙈 so she's going well!

100% try the spooning, it's actually quite nice getting up close as well as somewhat relaxing. if she likes more deeper penetration it works well if she was to bend forward slightly, whilst you stay straight ( if possible ). it's one of our favourites even now.

best wishes to you all xx

I loved sex towards the last trimester of pregnancy. another vote for spooning, it's the most comfortable position without having to bare the weight of bump.

Congratulations!! ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

Another vote here spooning, pregnancy made me so unbelievably horny but the last three months I was on crutches due to SPD and it ws a nightmare. Spooning worked best for us with the occasional doggy using this https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19810 (although its a shame its discontinued there may be something similar) My bump was high so this supported my hips without putting pressure on my belly ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) xxx

Thank you everyone for your replies, its really good to see such a positive and active community on these fourms! Unfortunately we are on opposite shifts at the momement, but don't worry, we will update in due course! Thanks guys and gals! :)

Hello and congratulations. I have a condition called EDS it means my joints are not stable and during pregnancy caused spd. We found spooning and doggy were the best positions for us

Spooning worked well for us felt intimate as well as comfortable, I found doggy too uncomfortable towards the end. Reverse cowgirl worked for us quite well Especially if when my oh did most of the work so to speak.congratulations and good luck x