price matching?

Fine, i'm in the wrong, im too upset to continue this argument, sorry, ok? Sorry

It's my fault, im the idiot, sorry for saying anything, sorry

diamonds wrote:

shellyboo wrote:

The way I'm reading is that LH don't actually have a price match policy, but if you contact customer services they'll see what they can do. That, to me, seems like yet another example of LH going above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to customer service.

It's certainly a shame that they can't do it this time, but given their excellence across the board elsewhere, it's not something that would put me off. I'd personally feel a bit petty complaining that LH wouldn't price match - nothing is stopping me buying from other sites, after all.

That's no reflection on you at all Morbidia - I understand that you feel hard done by. I just don't really understand why others think LH are being unreasonable here. They're under no obligation to match anyone else's prices at all. Just my 2 cents :)

im replying on this thread cos i dont feel M was replyed to or talked to in the right manner on this thread. and i dont like how this has made her feel, she is not upset about the price match but by the way she was spoken to and i can not blame her, i would feel the same!

That's fine. I was just giving my opinion as well.

M is really really upset, she is not upset about the price match but by the ways he was spoken to as she felt that

"we dont like it when people are pushing it" was directed at her, i also read it to be directed at her as it was only her who was replying in the thread at that time.

M is a huge part of this communinty and its sad that she now feels that she cant be apart of it anymore and has lost something big to her.

freebies should not have been brought into this when it was at soemthing compeltly differant.

theres loads more to this but im rubbish at putting things into the written words

and at the moment all im worried is about M and how she is now feeling so bad and that she feels she cant use the foums anymore.

this has all been miss understood about what people are actually upset about and its had a horrible end in that we as a coumminty have now lost M from it.

I'm with ShellyBoo, can't believe the drama that has been caused over £6.00.

As has been said, M is not the only person on a poor wage, and struggling with £££ but at the end of the day, she could have just gone elsewhere. We are all in the same boat.

If I requested a price match and LH said no, I'd accept it, and way up the pro's and con's between the companies, and either, not purchase it at all, because lets face it, if your skint there a better things to spend your money on than sex toys or lingerie, or buy it and not grumble.

We don't know the in's and out's of what happens behind the scenes at LH but obviously people are taking the companies good will to far, otherwise Ruth wouldn't have been upset either.

I'd be more worried about upsetting the person that sends the free stuff, than someone who, (maybe or mayb not), is 'pushing it'.

Do you not worry that by upsetting the people behind the great service at LH, that this great service will come to an end? As now it seems we probably wont even be able to request the price match that may or may not have been agreed too.

I'd just like to thank LH once again for the great service that I have received so far!

Hello, couple of quick things.

Lubyanka - as we don't offer a price matching policy, there aren't set-in-stone company guidelines on the issue, just individual cases where discretion can be used. (Hence the initial cause of the upset, in this case.) (Oh, and hence why no LH folk have used the term 'company guidelines' till me just now.)

But... when people ask about price matching it's nicer to say "contact customer services to see what they can do" rather than "it's not company policy so don't ever contact us on the issue". We really do want to be as helpful and friendly as poss to folk and I'm sorry if this had actually muddied the waters in this instance.

diamonds - sorry if you misunderstood what I meant about the £6 difference. I think it's a big difference and therefore you can easily conclude that we're not offering the best service in the circumstances. As I said, we're all consumers and we all go to where we can get the best deal. To some people 'deal' simply means price, to others it means price balanced with service. And it's good that we get the choice.

Hopefully Ruth has cleared up a few issues regarding any personal upset (as well as all the other bits regarding price matching).

Hello, couple of quick things.

Lubyanka - as we don't offer a price matching policy, there aren't set-in-stone company guidelines on the issue, just individual cases where discretion can be used. (Hence the initial cause of the upset, in this case.) (Oh, and hence why no LH folk have used the term 'company guidelines' till me just now.)

But... when people ask about price matching it's nicer to say "contact customer services to see what they can do" rather than "it's not company policy so don't ever contact us on the issue". We really do want to be as helpful and friendly as poss to folk and I'm sorry if this has actually muddied the waters in this instance.

diamonds - sorry if you misunderstood what I meant about the £6 difference. I think it's a big difference and therefore you can easily conclude that we're not offering the best service in the circumstances. As I said, we're all consumers and we all go to where we can get the best deal. To some people 'deal' simply means price, to others it means price balanced with service. And it's good that we get the choice.

Hopefully Ruth has cleared up a few issues regarding any personal upset (as well as all the other bits regarding price matching).

I think what a lot of people are missing is that this issue as I understand it is not about the price matching, and not about the money. I think the problem is that Ruth's response to Morbidia (in my opinion) was inappropriate and inflammatory, which Ruth then compounded by reiterating it (also in my opinion). I will explain.

LoveHoney - Ruth wrote:

Morbidia: I apologise if you're upset, but what I said is "what we don't like is when people push it." [...] things like people asking to swap products they received free for testing for completely different items - that's the type of thing I mean by pushing it. And yes, this happens. [...] Notice this does not have your name at the end of it.

Yes, I agree that Ruth never mentioned Morbidia's name, and I acknowledge that sometimes people try to get more than is reasonable.

However, how is that relevant in any way whatsoever to Morbidia's price match query? Was it really appropriate to bring the tester products into this when they are completely offtopic? Was it really appropriate to bring up unrelated pushing behaviour from unrelated people, however unacceptable it may have been? Since Morbidia was the one with the query, why else would a LH member of staff respond if they weren't addressing her or referring to her directly? Why refer to people not participating in this thread without specifying them? I think that answer was inflammatory and inappropriate.

LoveHoney - Ruth wrote:

I do appreciate people's feelings on this, but as the person who sends out freebies (and knows who gets what), it upsets me (personally and on behalf of LoveHoney) when people then start complaining as above - saying we are giving 'lame reasons', etc over something like this.

I appreciate that LH staff sometimes have to deal with people who are unreasonable. If those people are any of us, then I would expect the staff member to raise that issue with the person concerned. If Ruth had an issue with the use of the term "lame", then I think that might have been explicitly raised and addressed directly with the person concerned. As it happens, looking over the thread I see that Morbidia never used the term "lame". I appreciate that sometimes emotional responses make it difficult to do the absolutely rightest thing every time, but I think that as a professional, a heightened emotional response might be a cue to check yourself before responding immediately.

The tester products are a done and dusted unrelated deal. Ruth chooses the recipients of those products and sends them in exchange for honest and frank product reviews. Bringing those products up as if the recipients should be willing to offer more in exchange for them seems absolutely inappropriate to me. If LH wants to send people tester products, then by all means please do so. However, I think it is absolutely inappropriate to use those products at a later date to justify a higher price or anything else beyond the original arrangement of the product review in exchange.

I think that bringing up undesirable behaviour from unrelated unspecified people, and bringing up the unrelated tester products arrangement as if either of those topics were relevant here are the main source of this problem.

LoveHoney - Ruth wrote:

If you re-read Carly's message, she says:"it's worth getting in touch with customer services directly to see about price matching". This she said as a favour to forum members as with some items it may (note I say 'may') be possible.

Ok, I don't know about anybody else, but this is the first I've heard about the price matching being a special courtesy and favour to forum members. I thought that it was something LH offered as standard. I really do appreciate that LH try to do their best for us. I also think that if LH decide to extend forum members any special courtesies, it would be fair to tell us this. I think that our unawareness of this was part of the issue. So thank you for letting us know about that. I apologise if this information was widespread and I missed it, but I really had no idea, honestly.

LoveHoney - Steve wrote:

But... when people ask about price matching it's nicer to say "contact customer services to see what they can do" rather than "it's not company policy so don't ever contact us on the issue". We really do want to be as helpful and friendly as poss to folk and I'm sorry if this has actually muddied the waters in this instance.

Thank you Steve, I think I understand more clearly now what's going on with the price matching. I appreciate your clarification.

I hope you understand more now about what's been happening on the other side of this.

ToHonest wrote:

I'm with ShellyBoo, can't believe the drama that has been caused over £6.00.

As has been said, M is not the only person on a poor wage, and struggling with £££ but at the end of the day, she could have just gone elsewhere. We are all in the same boat.

If I requested a price match and LH said no, I'd accept it, and way up the pro's and con's between the companies, and either, not purchase it at all, because lets face it, if your skint there a better things to spend your money on than sex toys or lingerie, or buy it and not grumble.

We don't know the in's and out's of what happens behind the scenes at LH but obviously people are taking the companies good will to far, otherwise Ruth wouldn't have been upset either.

I'd be more worried about upsetting the person that sends the free stuff, than someone who, (maybe or mayb not), is 'pushing it'.

Do you not worry that by upsetting the people behind the great service at LH, that this great service will come to an end? As now it seems we probably wont even be able to request the price match that may or may not have been agreed too.

I'd just like to thank LH once again for the great service that I have received so far!

if you read the other post more properly and read the last one from lubyanka you might see "what all the drama" is about!

and if you cant be botherd i tell you once again that it is NOT about the price match but more of other comments esp for me this one "we dont like it when people are pushing it".

and if you dont like drama or what ever why post a reply to this thread which is then gonna make people want to reply.

i dont argue and i dont normaly post how i have in this thread, i only do so when i feel pushed cos of something really upseting me or annoyed me and my other post will prove this.

at the end of this lubyanak has summed everything up pretty nicely, M i hope is still now happy to carry on using the forums and we should all just leave it alone as i can only see it going in one way and not a positive one at that.

diamonds

This was all caused by me, so i think I have the right to put a stop to it now, Lubyanka, you raised some great points, thanks for being a good friend hun.

And D, i never knew under all that loveliness you were a fiesty little lady, lol.

I'm reporting this thread, so hopefully it'll be deleted and forgotten about.

Thanks for everyones replies xxx

Hi, thanks for all your feedback on this issue.

Ruth isn't in the office today.

Ruth has apologised for any upset caused in her previous post.

I think we can go round in circles on this one so I'll leave it at that.

I hope you're not feeling as miserable today Morbidia...

Not really im afraid Steve, still upset by the whole thing, i hate arguments, esspecially when its at a place where i feel so comfortable and welcome.

Thanks for asking Steve, really appreciate your concern xx

diamonds wrote:

and if you cant be botherd i tell you once again that it is NOT about the price match but more of other comments esp for me this one "we dont like it when people are pushing it".

and if you dont like drama or what ever why post a reply to this thread which is then gonna make people want to reply.

I understand it's not about the price match it's about how M was spoken to, but maybe, just maybe, M has been 'pushing it', I don't know.

Ruth has always been kind to me and I have never seen her respond in this manor before, so something must have upset her.

I guess the only two who honestly know are Ruth and M.

I didn't say I didn't like drama, I just said I can't believe all this drama has been caused over something so trivial.

The reason I responded in this way was because I felt like everyone was having a pop at Ruth and not concidering that there maybe a bigger issue behind it all. Any idea's Ruth or M?

Ruth is only human too, and if M is getting upset about this, I'm sure Ruth is too and if she is upset you can only expect a slightly fiesty responce, just like everyone else's.

After all the argumentative responses that have been left, I don't think blame should be all be down to Ruth for leaving one 'of the cuff' comment, even if it was the first comment left.

Would seem everyone has an anrgy side when they get upset.

i could reply to your post again but im not going to cos as i said this isnt going anywhere positive, it would be just best for everyone to stop posting on here and to draw there own conclustions and move on.

i think it be best if LH delete this topic and all parties to just to agree to disagree on it and to leave all bad feelings here!

I think the topic should stay, but maybe close it to further replies. In the interests of transparency, I think others should be able to read it and draw their own conclusions.

This is all just a huge mistake, and it can either be closed to posts, or removed either way, its an end to it.

Nexas wrote:

M: I love your new photo!

morbs's photos are always good. x