price matching?

hey :-)

ive been having a nosey around today looking to buy myself a little somthing to cheer me up and have been looking at buying some of the erotic books off my wishlist, however being a total bargain hunter (i always like to be able to get extra with my money, who dont?). i had a look at some of the books on other websites like waterstones and play.com (both of which offer free p&p) and ive found on one of them websites that most of the books on my wishlists is a lot cheaper then on here. so i was wondering if you guy's price match? as id perfure to get them from you guys as i want to get a few other bits from here (todays DOTD has been on my wishlist for ages) and so would like to recive everything all togther.

some examples are

the persian girl

LH £7.99

Play £5.99

Ultimate Burlesque

LH £7.99

Play £5.99

Ultimate Decadence

LH £7.99

Waterstones £6.39

Play £5.99

( i know with this as its book of the month you get a free gift for £3.99 so i can see why maybe this one if mor e money).

sorry if this is a bit cheeky,

Dxx

thanks for the reply carly :-)

looks like i shall be getting a few things in the post this week then, just gotta to pick which books to get now! lol

and i shall keep that in mind re price matching and customer services

cheers

Dxx

Get Persian Girl it's great!

Requested a price match for an item, did exactly as Carly said, was given unjustifyable reasons for no price match, considering even WITH all the reasons mentions, the other company still came out cheaper.

what were the reasons LH wouldnt price match hun?

Dxx

diamonds wrote:

what were the reasons LH wouldnt price match hun?

Dxx

This is what i was told:

We offer a 24 hour freephone contact number, you have to pay to call them; We offer a 365 day return period, they offer 7 days; We offer free delivery on all orders, they don't. Firstly, i ALWAYS email companies, i dont call them, and thats free. Secondly, 7 days is enough time for me to determine if a corset fits. Thirdly, as ive said previous, even with the postage charges, LH was wtill £6 more

I know £6 probably doesnt sound like much, but it is to someone who hasnt alot of money

they sound pretty lame reasons when as u said it dont cost to do it via email and that it still works out £6 cheaper even with there postage costs.

and £6 is a lot of money for me to, its atleast 2 drinks and a packet of nuts at the pub!

Dxx

Yeah, you're poor like me arent you darling, lol *hugs* xxxx

Ah but they help your business

Lets all get on? :|

LoveHoney - Ruth wrote:

The products we send are for review. Some of those reviews that come back are negative, but we still feature them. This helps our customers, not LoveHoney as a business (as products with bad reviews don't sell as well.)

Sending freebies is not good business sense (it does cost us a lot of money), but we like to do it.

What we don't like is when people push it.

I understand that as you stated, you send out tester products in exchange for written product reviews. I was unaware that receipt of those tester products excluded the recipients from benefitting from your policy on price matching.

Is there any other LH policy which recipients of tester products are excluded from?

If a member of LH staff tells us that we can request a price match based on certain criteria, how is requesting that price match "pushing it"?

Lubyanka wrote:

LoveHoney - Ruth wrote:

The products we send are for review. Some of those reviews that come back are negative, but we still feature them. This helps our customers, not LoveHoney as a business (as products with bad reviews don't sell as well.)

Sending freebies is not good business sense (it does cost us a lot of money), but we like to do it.

What we don't like is when people push it.

I understand that as you stated, you send out tester products in exchange for written product reviews. I was unaware that receipt of those tester products excluded the recipients from benefitting from your policy on price matching.

Is there any other LH policy which recipients of tester products are excluded from?

If a member of LH staff tells us that we can request a price match based on certain criteria, how is requesting that price match "pushing it"?

The 'pushing it' reference is that for the thousands of pounds of freebies we send each year, moaning that we can't price match an item with a difference of £6 seems a slightly incredulous moan from someone who has benefitted from literally hundreds of pounds of products.

Also, as I stated, if we can't price match, then you're free to buy it from another retailer,

If you re-read Carly's comments you will see she says:

"it's worth getting in touch with customer services directly to see about price matching."

She does not say that you can request a price match.

We can price match some items, others we can't. This could be down to things such as other retailers running offers with manufacturers and thus buying stock far cheaper than we can. See the book issue above as an example.

Hi, thanks for all your comments on this, admittedly, thorny issue.

True be known, we don't actually offer a price matching policy.

But as Carly mentioned people can contact customer services to see if a deal elsewhere can be matched/bettered here.

We really, really, really do concentrate on trying to give you the best service possible - and I appreciate that something costing £6 more here than elsewhere might not be regarded as such!

To be fair to us, the LoveHoney Promise is as good as you'll find in any business anywhere.

Sorry we couldn't match the price in this case, Morbidia... and sorry if you think the reasons are unjustifyable.

We're all consumers and we all go to where we can get the best deal - I think LoveHoney more-than-often strikes the right balance between price and customer service.

Hope this clears things up... a bit!

Thanks Steve, i appreciate what you're saying.

I'm just really upset that i was referred to as "pushing it", by mentioning something i was unhappy with ONCE in my time at LH.

I'm just seriously upset right now.

LoveHoney - Steve wrote:

[...] we don't actually offer a price matching policy.

But as Carly mentioned people can contact customer services to see if a deal elsewhere can be matched/bettered here.

I'm sorry, I'm really confused now. You don't offer a price matching policy, but customer service personnel have company guidelines to follow which contain criteria for price matching?

If that isn't a price matching policy, what is it? Can the criteria for qualifying price matches please be published?

Many thanks for your help, Steve. :)

And £6 is alot to someone who only has an absolute minimum amount of money left at the end of bills etc.

LoveHoney - Steve wrote:

Hi, thanks for all your comments on this, admittedly, thorny issue.

True be known, we don't actually offer a price matching policy.

We really, really, really do concentrate on trying to give you the best service possible - and I appreciate that something costing £6 more here than elsewhere might not be regarded as such!

To be fair to us, the http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/our-promise/ is as good as you'll find in any business anywhere.

Sorry we couldn't match the price in this case, Morbidia... and sorry if you think the reasons are unjustifyable.

We're all consumers and we all go to where we can get the best deal - I think LoveHoney more-than-often strikes the right balance between price and customer service.

Hope this clears things up... a bit!

are you saying £6 is not a lot of money?

if that is what your saying i strongly dissagree with you esp with the current climate people are in where money is concerned.

i am in a very smilar situation with M re money and £6 is quite a lot of money to me.

everyone is out to get the best deal as they can get even if it is for what someone would think for a small amount. i mean i asked for a price match that was just for a few pound which was a lot less then what M was asking for.

i personaly think that you should either say yes or no where price matching is concerned instead of a maybe if u ask coustmer servise.

if that was the case then this thread will not have gone how it is and M would not feel how she does and other people feeling angry about the way she was spoke to.

The way I'm reading is that LH don't actually have a price match policy, but if you contact customer services they'll see what they can do. That, to me, seems like yet another example of LH going above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to customer service.

It's certainly a shame that they can't do it this time, but given their excellence across the board elsewhere, it's not something that would put me off. I'd personally feel a bit petty complaining that LH wouldn't price match - nothing is stopping me buying from other sites, after all.

That's no reflection on you at all Morbidia - I understand that you feel hard done by. I just don't really understand why others think LH are being unreasonable here. They're under no obligation to match anyone else's prices at all. Just my 2 cents :)

shellyboo wrote:

The way I'm reading is that LH don't actually have a price match policy, but if you contact customer services they'll see what they can do. That, to me, seems like yet another example of LH going above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to customer service.

It's certainly a shame that they can't do it this time, but given their excellence across the board elsewhere, it's not something that would put me off. I'd personally feel a bit petty complaining that LH wouldn't price match - nothing is stopping me buying from other sites, after all.

That's no reflection on you at all Morbidia - I understand that you feel hard done by. I just don't really understand why others think LH are being unreasonable here. They're under no obligation to match anyone else's prices at all. Just my 2 cents :)

im replying on this thread cos i dont feel M was replyed to or talked to in the right manner on this thread. and i dont like how this has made her feel, she is not upset about the price match but by the way she was spoken to and i can not blame her, i would feel the same!