Prince Albert and a tie?

Hi, I'm new to this so I am hoping I am posting in the right place.

We recently purchased Doc Jonson cock ties (fabulous by the way!!!) but afterwards my husband experienced some discomfort around his Prince Albert piercing. Does anyone here have any experience with this? Is it best to remove the 5mm BCR when using a tie? We will definitely be using it again but a bit of insight would help greatly.

I can't find out what that is, but if it causes discomfort then yes try taking the ring out, or put some lube round the area the ring goes through?

You can get rings with screw in balls so they are much quicker to remove too, my PA ring is 12mm(thick) I love it

RosyCheek wrote:

Hi, I'm new to this so I am hoping I am posting in the right place.

We recently purchased Doc Jonson cock ties (fabulous by the way!!!) but afterwards my husband experienced some discomfort around his Prince Albert piercing. Does anyone here have any experience with this? Is it best to remove the 5mm BCR when using a tie? We will definitely be using it again but a bit of insight would help greatly.

Hey RosyCheek

I'm not sure which cock ties you're referring to - did you buy them at Lovheoney? If so, could you pop a link in here? Was it these

Also, was there pain/discomfort caused by the ring/tie being near his PA jewellery, or was it a result of his increased size/swelling putting pressure on the ring? 

Thanks! 

Yes Jess that's the ones, thank you for replying. It wasn't near his PA but you're suggestion of the result of swelling does make sense now I think of it. Was the biggest it has ever been. He's never used one before (well there was a jelly like ring from another store that was poorly made and embarrassingly went MIA for a while) so I will definitely pass your reply to him.

Quiet Ones Are Worse, neither of even thought of lubing the area with the ring. May I ask how long it took you to go up to 12mm? My husbands went from the initial jewellery to the 5mm over 2 years, he just got comfortable with it being the same one but has decided he's going to aim for 10mm.

Being new to this is quite daunting at times but having you lovely folk to help is so nice!

Make sure the internal size of the ring is big enough once enlarged too small and it may hurt.

Must say I was a bit impatient re increasing the size so 2 1/2 years from 2.4mm to 12mm, it does get easier once you get to the larger sizes, placement is also a factor mines quite close to the front where the skin is thinner so easier to stretch, go up in 1mm jumps if possible though finding 7/9mm is hard I jumped 8-10mm then 10-12.

Whilst you might think a "huge" piece of metal in him may hurt you, my wife has never said anything, vaginally or anally.

You'll have already guessed oral is rather hard if not impossible though the screw in ball type can make it easier to quickly remove and put back.

My wife has a VCH and two inner labia piercings which are great to play with, maybe something you would consider? two of the most pain free types and heal quickly

I had a VCH when I was 19. It lasted for almost 5 years but I took it out when I was expecting my first child as recommended by my midwife. By the time I was recovered to put it back in it had long since healed over. I did contemplate a repiercing but was advised against it due to the scar tissue that was left behind. It was a shame really as I loved it!
You're right about the pain, it was a quick nip then nothing. My tongue was much worse!

RosyCheek wrote:

Yes Jess that's the ones, thank you for replying. It wasn't near his PA but you're suggestion of the result of swelling does make sense now I think of it. Was the biggest it has ever been. He's never used one before (well there was a jelly like ring from another store that was poorly made and embarrassingly went MIA for a while) so I will definitely pass your reply to him.

Quiet Ones Are Worse, neither of even thought of lubing the area with the ring. May I ask how long it took you to go up to 12mm? My husbands went from the initial jewellery to the 5mm over 2 years, he just got comfortable with it being the same one but has decided he's going to aim for 10mm.

Being new to this is quite daunting at times but having you lovely folk to help is so nice!

Ah yes - so its a toss up really. He can either wear the ring a little looser so he doesn't swell so much, take his jewellery out, or change the jewellery to something that will give him more room to grow. Adding lube to the area is a good idea too, to help the jewellery slip and slide easier. 

When it comes to stretching a piercing, follow this formula: 

- Stretch no more than 1mm every 4-6 weeks. 

- Only stretch with titanium (no other material)

- Stick with BCRs (for the rounded tip - you do not want to insert a screw thread into a tight hole!) (You'll need to invest in a set of large guage piercing pliers for easy wear and removal above a certain thickness of jewellery)

- Always use water-based lube to stretch (nothing oil based, like vaseline for example) 

- Keep it clean and avoid unprotected sex (especially anal) for the first 2-3 weeks. 

- No need to sterilise - urine will keep it clean

That's about it! :) 

RosyCheek wrote:

I had a VCH when I was 19. It lasted for almost 5 years but I took it out when I was expecting my first child as recommended by my midwife. By the time I was recovered to put it back in it had long since healed over. I did contemplate a repiercing but was advised against it due to the scar tissue that was left behind. It was a shame really as I loved it!
You're right about the pain, it was a quick nip then nothing. My tongue was much worse!

How bad is the scar tissue? They can usually pierce it through a slightly different place.

Alternatively, rub Bio-Oil into the area regularly, and apply intense, rumbly vibrations to the scar tissue on a regular basis. This will help to soften and break down the scar tissue so your body can reabsorb it 😊 (and it'll feel pretty nice too! 😜)

If you can't have a VCH then HCH?

There's also smooth segment rings for the PA that can freely rotate ie no ball.

Jess is totally correct I guess she's quite experienced in this field, as she says you will need ring opening pliers ( sound scary but not ) at the larger sizes, really you should leave 3 months or more between stretches your body will tell you too if it kills its too soon.

Wife said her nipples hurt more than her tongue.

I'll definitely try that Jess. The scar tissue isn't as bad as what it was in the beginning its not as noticeable as what it used to be, it hasn't desensitised anything unlike my poor botched nipple did. Maybe my body only approves of facial piercings, I've rejected 4 belly bars and a cleavage piercing twice!

I think I will surprise him with a 6mm one soon!

RosyCheek wrote:

I'll definitely try that Jess. The scar tissue isn't as bad as what it was in the beginning its not as noticeable as what it used to be, it hasn't desensitised anything unlike my poor botched nipple did. Maybe my body only approves of facial piercings, I've rejected 4 belly bars and a cleavage piercing twice!

I think I will surprise him with a 6mm one soon!

Ouchies for botched piercings! I reckon if you go to a reputable piercer they will be able to pierce you just slightly above/below the original piercing. As for the piercings you've mentioned which rejected, those are all really hard piercings to heal. belly bars, nipple and cleavage are all surface piercings (when there are two ends to the jewellery which are both visible from the "front" of the piercing) and therefore are a pain in the a** to heal properly. Because of placement, they just gradually migrate their way out of your body.

It could also be that the body piercer you use is doing something that doesn't quite work for your body. Jewellery, placement, technique and aftercare all have a massive impact on the way a piercing witll heal. Facial piercings are usually a "through-and-though" piercing (where there is a front and back to the jewellery) so are much much easier to heal. 

As QOAW says, if you can wait up to 3 months between stretches that's great (the longer the better really) but as long as you never stretch more than 1mm at a time, 4-6 weeks should be ample. You never want to actually break the skin while stretching, and by stretching no more than 1mm ever 4 weeks, the result is teeeeny tiiiny microtears which heal quickly if not faffed around with too much. 

Happy piercing, stretching and playing! 

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

I can't find out what that is, but if it causes discomfort then yes try taking the ring out, or put some lube round the area the ring goes through?

You can get rings with screw in balls so they are much quicker to remove too, my PA ring is 12mm(thick) I love it

So jealous!!! I had a prince albert piercing a couple of years back and my plan was to get as big a ring in a possible, bought all the tapered stretchers and everything, I also do sounding and up to a 15mm sound so my plan was at least a 15mm ring!!! Problem with plans is they often don't go as planned, I rejected the piercing and it was very painful, I was told that if I asked for a bigger gauge next time then that might help but some piercers might not be happy going bigstraight away!! Not wanting to be dissapointed I've never had it done again, although I often fantasise about it!!!

Thank you very much for your help guys. Tried lubing up the piercing area and just like magic there was absolutely no discomfort for him! Who would have thought it could have been something so simple!

Yes man wrote:

So jealous!!! I had a prince albert piercing a couple of years back and my plan was to get as big a ring in a possible, bought all the tapered stretchers and everything, I also do sounding and up to a 15mm sound so my plan was at least a 15mm ring!!! Problem with plans is they often don't go as planned, I rejected the piercing and it was very painful, I was told that if I asked for a bigger gauge next time then that might help but some piercers might not be happy going bigstraight away!! Not wanting to be dissapointed I've never had it done again, although I often fantasise about it!!!

Hey Yes man

Most piercers will happily pierce with anything up to 3.2mm, but when you start going above that you need a dermal punch (to remove a piece of skin - a bit like a hole punch!). Dermal punching is not an option for PA piercings unfortunatel, which is why so many people stretch it. 

Do you know what size your original piercing was done with? PA's should always be pierced with nothing smaller than a 2.4mm needle to stop migration. 

RosyCheek wrote:

Thank you very much for your help guys. Tried lubing up the piercing area and just like magic there was absolutely no discomfort for him! Who would have thought it could have been something so simple!

Woohoo!! That's brilliant that it was such a simple thing to resolve! 

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Yes man wrote:

Hey Yes man

Most piercers will happily pierce with anything up to 3.2mm, but when you start going above that you need a dermal punch (to remove a piece of skin - a bit like a hole punch!). Dermal punching is not an option for PA piercings unfortunatel, which is why so many people stretch it.

Do you know what size your original piercing was done with? PA's should always be pierced with nothing smaller than a 2.4mm needle to stop migration.

Hi Jess, I believe it was 10 gauge which I think is the 2.4mm but I'm not sure as it was a couple of years ago so I could be wrong and it could have been an 8 gauge! 😕

10 guage is 2.4mm which is the standard for a PA piercing, and 8g = 3.2 mm (which is also usable tbh). 

The issue would be if the body piercer went thinner than 2.4mm, to something like 1.6mm (14g). Without saying toooooo much, if they go too thin with the jewellery on a PA piercing, it will migrate itself out quickly because the tissue in the head of your penis is so soft. Think "cheese wire" and that should give you a good idea of what I mean. The thicker they can possibly pierce, the better. 

Obviously depth, angle, technique, jewellery and aftercare all have an impact too.Â