Privacy error on links

When attempting to use the 20% review discount link in my emails, it keeps coming up with there being a privacy error. Does anyone know how i can fix this?

If you contact Customer Care they may give you a code to use instead?

1 Like

That is good advice.

I’ve managed to get it to work on my laptop (i keep panicking and jumping the gun on posting :joy:), the error was on my phone (which is what i normally order on).

If nothing else again this thread may make them aware if there’s an issue on their end so they can have a look (it was on eduroam University wifi if knowing that is helpful, as it might mean other students encounter the issue and give up)

2 Likes

That’s a good tip. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: The email link isn’t working from my phone either.

How bizarre - I’ve also been having this on every single email I’ve received from LH in the past few weeks.

I thought it was something to do with my main email account so I had been keeping myself logged out, but maybe it’s actually a love honey issue.

@Lovehoney_Brenna One for you to do some detective work on!

1 Like

I’ve found that if you’re connected to mobile data or a public WiFi it’ll usually block sites like lovehoney with an error.

3 Likes

How odd, I just tried it on my phone and it was fine. Could you send me a screen shot of the error you’re getting @ChloJakes, @Ace12345 & @Ian_Chimp ?

Sent. :ballot_box_with_check:

1 Like

Cleaning cookies sorted it, thank you. :+1: I’m not sure why I forgot that was a useful trick. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sending now (I’ve put it on here as not sure how else to send it). !

(Mod Edit: Thank you :slight_smile: )

(please tell me if there’s a better way)

I get the same error while trying to make a payment to a finance company. I’ll try clearing the cookies. I did think it was something to do with the WiFi/ mobile data

Me and my girlfriend get this issue, two different phones, two different email clients and two different addresses currently.!

I’ve added screen shots.

If I open the link in a private window (so no cookies) it seems to work however it is not possible to log in.

Error log page

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from email2.lovehoney.co.uk (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Help improve security on the web for everyone by sending URLs of some pages that you visit, limited system information, and some page content to Google. Privacy policy

Advance

email2.lovehoney.co.uk normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to email2.lovehoney.co.uk this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be email2.lovehoney.co.uk, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit email2.lovehoney.co.uk right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.
`

You might want to move this to the photos topic (there’s an images to share in topics section that i think you can link to this thread), i only got away with the pic since i was specifically asked to put it up then but in general you’re not meant to share pictures outside the photo threads (it makes it hard for the moderators i think and means inappropriate stuff may slip past)

2 Likes

I just got the error again too (it’s trying to save me money haha)

The error is present again for me, i tried clearing cookies as @Ian_Chimp suggested however that doesn’t seem to have helped

Did you do just the Lovehoney cookies? If so cleaning out the Google ones seems to shift it. :+1:

It’s working fine for me at the moment (review discount link).

No i cleared all the cookies on my browser (it did not like me doing that and went very slow as protest). I’m not sure what’s causing the issue, it’s different wifi to last time too (it still works on the computer again thankfully)

If it was slow it may still have been chunking through the clear history process. If your phone is back to normal speed it may be worth restarting it and seeing if that helps. :+1: It sounds like you got it working on your computer though, so at least that’s something. :slightly_smiling_face: If you get really stuck with it in the future you can order over the phone.

Oh yeah definitely, i just figured it was worth mentioning that the error is still happening so people aren’t put off by it (and see some of the workarounds we’ve found on here)

1 Like