probably a stupid question...(anal beads)

Hello all, new here and also new to sex toys (well, soon to be - my wife and I finally decided over the phone to take the step we'd spoken about for a time, while she's away; I got to choose - this time!- and they were delivered this morning, looking forward to her getting home on Monday ). So as the thread title suggests, please forgive me if this is a rather stupid question; also if it has been addressed before, although I did go through the first 6-7 pages to check and couldn't see anything.

One of the things I/we ordered were these:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13660

as both of us like a bit of 'anal play' and for well-known biological reasons I particularly enjoy having a bit of pressure 'in there', but the length of them just surprised me a little when I opened the box earlier today. And yes it did say 12.5" in the description, clearly, but I guess that didn't really hit me until I saw them.

Clearly you don't have to go 'all the way in' at first, or at all, and take it slow, etc etc...but I am guessing that these are designed to go all the way in - and I certainly hope to get there sometime if so- but I just want to make sure? Because I can't help thinking that to go that far it'll be into the colon - Is that normal??? I've even been a bit concerned about going all the way in with my penis anally in the past because of the 'unknown' factor, and these are a wee bit longer!

I mean, obviously its safe etc etc because plenty of people use these kinds of things and much, much bigger it would appear, but as I expect most of you can appreciate we are both a little nervous about those first little steps and it's just a little question that won't go away...

Many thanks for any help, as I say I pretty much know the answer (yes it's fine, enjoy) but have googled too and not found any concrete answers, just need a little reassurance I suppose.

Thanks AA!

Also, if they're flexible, they tend to curl up a bit, and not stay in a straight line.

Another tip: You can cut off a few of the smaller beads to make it shorter. A pair of scissors will easily cut the jelly, and then you just need to make sure it's a smooth cut. Good luck!

Hi tnb welcome to the forums

there is no such thing as a stupid question especially on here. You will get lots of friendly advice.

xGGx

Hello and welcome to the forum tnb!

I have these! My partner+I absolutely love using them!
Yes they go all the way if you feel comfortable with it or just as much as you want to!
Here's my review, hopefully it'll help!

Oriental Jelly Anal Beads 10.5 Inch&reviewid=25606#customer_reviews

Good luck :) SG

Hi and welcome to the forums.

As GG said there isn't such a thing as a silly question on here. The lovely members on here are full of great information and tips.

I have these beads Jumbo Jelly Anal Thai Beads&reviewpage=1 and the most I have inserted is probably only half way but that is what I feel comfortable with. Just go with what you feel comfortable with, one bead at a time and don't forget the lube!

Have fun with your new toy! x

Hi Tnb,

That's a good question you've raised. I have several sets of beads and I usually find anything deeper than 8 inches or so feels very painful, like it's digging into a dead end. Some people do manage to manouvre these things round the bend to get in deeper, which can produce other sensations, but this is more likely to be a bit messy and personally I have never enjoyed this myself.

Since I have more than one set, I have trimmed off various lengths of the smaller beads so that I have a range of sizes eg one set I've cut off five beads so that it starts off medium sized and I can easily slide up to the biggest size.

As Silverdrop says above, you need to make sure you file off any rough edges; these beads sometimes have molding seams which also need to be filed down. Basically, don't do anything if it feels painful, it should feel completely comfortable and pleasurable.

Have fun :)

Mine are very similar to that but the purple curved ones. The first time we used them on me they went all the way in (11") and I didn't have any issues. As long as you're relaxed and lubed up you're good to go. Just take it slowly and only go in as far as you're comfortable with.

Welcome to the forums TNB, as GhostGirl said, there are no stupid questions here - as whatever you like, you'll always get friendly, supportive responses.

Personally, I'm not keen on lengthy insertions, what turns me on is width/girth and shape, but as others have said, it's fine to just experiment and see what feels good for you. As long as you go slowly and listen to your body, you won't hurt yourselves. Jelly beads will just bend if need be.

By the way, there's a quicker way to search the forums than looking through each page - that'd take forever!! There's a search box near the top of the page and results are ordered by relevance, so if you search and don't get what you're looking for in the top few results, it isn't here. Much quicker!

SS xx