Problems with the We-Vibe G-Spot Vibrator?

Hi guys!

I splurged on Black Friday and got myself the We-Vibe Rave Rechargeable App Controlled G-Spot Vibrator (Purple) - (https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34852).

It came today, and I’ve put it on to charge for a few hours - all seemed to be working ok. Except when I turn it on, it will literally only work for 5 seconds - and then turn off. I tried again and it did the same thing. It’s almost like it’s cutting out.

Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

My first thought is that it sounds like it’s not charged. Did the lights flash, etc when you had it plugged in?

I’ve not got that model, but I have a couple of other We-Vibe toys, and the instructions in the box have been a little sparse. :slightly_smiling_face: Here’s the full version if you haven’t seen it already. :+1:

We-Vibe Rave (full instructions) PDF

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought so too. My previous vibrator would do that if it was out of juice. Thanks for sending the full instructions!

The lights flashed to begin with but I unplugged and tried to use it when it was fully on - now it runs for 5 seconds and then the light entirely goes off - almost like it’s short circuited! :joy::joy::joy:

This is my first We-Vibe (I was a Coco de Mer addict previously), I was thinking maybe there’s just a trick to it I’m missing. I’ll give it another few hours of charge.

1 Like

It certainly sounds faulty. I haven’t got this item, but I have other rechargeable toys and they all seem to work the same way. Once that LED glows steadily, it should be charged and ready to roll (or should that be rumble?) Cutting out after only 5 seconds suggests a hardware/circuitry fault.

2 Likes

Yes, I think you might be spot on here… my previous toys worked the same way too.

I was hoping that maybe I’d just missed something - LoveHoney are going to start asking me what I’m doing to my poor toys, as I had to return my last order! My last order was a pair of nipple suckers that fell apart after one use :joy:

2 Likes

Oh no @littlemisssub! That’s the worst when you’re excited to use a new toy then it doesn’t work! Do you have any similar chargers for other toys that fit the we-vibe? That way at least you may be able to work out whether it’s the charger or actual battery in the toy.

Either way, Customer Care should be able to help sort you out! Hope you manage to get buzzing away soon :blush:

1 Like

Doesn’t sound promising. Might be worth trying a different socket or another cable if you have one, at least you can rule them out.

If not it’s over to customer care :+1:

Are you able to connect to the app? It’ll tell you how much battery you have. It might take a few goes - mine takes a while to connect if the battery is low.

I nearly binned mine a few years ago as it would not charge. It turned out to be a dodgy charger. Just before throwing, I tried charging it with a cable from another toy and it worked perfectly.

I’d never have considered it the charge unless I’d tried the app, though, as it looked like it was charging okay.

1 Like

Thank you all! I managed to solve the charging issue (well, it resolved itself, I take no credit).

Now my partner is being constantly disconnected from the app - just my blooming luck!

Patience is a virtue, but I have none :joy::joy::joy: