Pussy pump and coil/IUD

Hi all!

Before I ask the DR (which I'd like to avoid if possible, to save embarrassment for both of us!) - is it likely that a pussy pump might cause issues (dislodge) a copper coil? I'd imagine with the vacuum it might cause it to be pulled down which over time might dislodge it?

Pardon my male ignorance, is the coil not beyond the cervix? Given most of the effect is on the outer most "area" I would say it should not be an issue. I'm sue the girls will be along to reassure you?

Haha yes it is! Inside the womb, however the strings hang slightly outside in the vagina so I was a little worried that the suction might cause those strings to be pulled down and result in the whole thing being pulled out! I'm most likely being totally paranoid!!

The coil gets a bad reputation for falling out but it is so much rarer now. The copper coil has more cases of movement than the mirena but that is still a tiny percentage.

The coil is above the cervix with only the strings being able to be felt. Unless you are using a super sonic pump I can't see any possibility of it moving around with the pump.

As Rosycheek has suggested there would need to be a strong suction to cause disruption. As the pussy pumps are designed to enlarge the labia and heighten the more outer part of the vagina it should not have enough suction to affect what is in the uterus. 

However, I would highly recommend seeking a medical professions opinion. This does not necessarily mean a GP visit. You could perhaps speak to a local sexual health centre.

I have had IUDs for years (Mirena) and used pumps with no issues. Not the exact same type of IUD but wanted to share my personal experience.

was talking about this with a friend the other day.

no you should be fine. she has the coil and uses a pump on a regular basis and never has any problems.
i don't think any pump would be strong enough to make this happen. it would be to dangerous to use I should think.

Thanks all! That's what I thought, just being paranoid! I think my local sexual health clinic has an online chat - I'll drop them a message! 😉

I work in a GP surgery and have seen many a coil fitted and removed. They are designed to stay in place
and not come out ( although a very small percentage can due to very heavy bleeding etc). To remove them you need to get hold of the string which pokes out of the cervix and is tucked up next to it and pull it with a slight tug. So in my opinion the suction from the pump will have no effect on it at all. As leanne said it is for exterior benefit anyway. Hope this helps xxx