Pussy pump with a Mirena IUD coil

Me and my wife bought a pussy pump recently and used it last night for the first time, it worked well and we had no problems. However, afterwards we thought about her contraceptive coil she has in and became concerned that further use of the pump could lead to the coil becoming dislodged or coming out. Bit of an embarrassing one to bring up with the doctor so thought before going to the doctor for advice we would see if anyone on here has had experience of using a pump with a coil in or had sought medical advice on this themselves and could share them with us.

Thanks

I don't see how that would be remotely possible. You shouldn't have anything to worry about. While IUD/IUS's can become dislodged on their own, it's rare and usually only happens fairly soon after insertion, when the cervix may not have resumed its normal duties. Other than that, it would take a pretty good tug to move it.

Given the gradual action of a pump, she would most definitely feel it begin to happen before it actually came out! And that's assuming a pussy pump could achieve that at all, which I'm confident in saying it could not. Even if you were to put a pump directly over the cervix, I'm pretty sure nothing would happen.

Remember that the vagina doesn't gape like the mouth of a cave; the entrance is less an opening as it is an introitus - that is to say, when nothing is holding it open, it is essentially collapsed in on itself. So while the pump may, depending on how big it is and where it sits, suck out any air that has become trapped in the vagina, this would actually have the effect of tightening it, like a vacuum-sealed pouch. The vaginal walls would be 'shrink wrapped' around the coil's strings, holding them in place. If anything.

But that's all moot, because the pump simply doesn't have the continuous suction required to even begin to drag the strings out. In order for suction to continue to increase, there has to be air to suck. Once you've achieved a seal, that's it, it doesn't keep sucking, it just holds. Even if you don't have a perfect seal, the air getting in will most likely be from around the edges, so again, it won't be pulling the strings.

If you are still worried, try pumping, then release it, then you or your wife put some fingers in and feel where the strings are. I'll bet you they'll be tucked up near the cervix still - that's where mine always are. And again, even if it did happen, it wouldn't happen all at once. She'd be able to feel the strings straighten out and go taut, then the pressure on the cervix after that. Plenty of time to stop long before the point where it would potentially become painful or actually dislodge the coil.

So I don't think you have anything to worry about. But it is always good to ask whenever you have a concern. :) If you still have your doubts, DO ask a professional.

Long day MM? 😂x

We have an old thread on toys and the coil , this may help :

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/311259-using-a-rabbit-with-the-mirena-coil/

Toys and even kegel balls do not cause issues with the coil. However if you still have any slight concerns it may be best to call the GP (if you do not wish to pop in) Or even a sexual health clinic. 

Hope this helps 

I don't think it would have any effect or cause any issues OP (the one thing I do know is not to use them when you are pregnant). I previously had one, it was a horrible experience when it came out so im sure she would of felt something if it did move.

If she's worried I'd just go for a general check up to make sure it's still sitting in place like Leanne has suggested.

I have the mirena and have used pussy pumps without issue and frankly never considered it could cause a problem.

The only issue I have ever had is with deep penetration it getting bumped and spotting.

Thanks for all the advice. Really put our minds at ease.