Question about massage candles

My man and I are not really into erotic massages but I like candles in general and I was wondering if you can use them like ordinary scented candles? what happens if I let them burn without using the oil for massage? is it dangerous?

I have read a few reviews about massage candles, many of them say they smell wonderful and can fill a room with their scent quite quickly, so I thought I might try one. But if letting them burn isn't recommended, I'd rather know before buying ;)

I have never actually tried this, but I don't think it would be a problem :) They do smell amazing, even having the lid off of an unlit massage candle makes the room smell gorgeous. We've had ours lit for around 30 mins with no issues.

The only thing I would say is that they have a lower burning point, so they're likely to burn out much faster than a normal candle would.

Get hold of live chat they should be able to tell you. I should imagine it be fine as it still burns with pool ofwax at buttom if u take your time . Maybe when you burn it like airfreshner do it when your out batb and use oil like moisteriser. You can still smell it in the room next day too ifafter use you leave lid off and unburning

You can burn it then use the oil as a moisturiser on your legs or something rather than use it for massage :)

Odd double post :s

I have a watermelon massage candle and I light it to make the room smell good! Then later use the oil. But I don't always. I just leave it to burn then put the lid on. They're fine xx

I've left mine to burn before and not had any trouble at all! But i agree to check with live chat though!

Normally i put the candle on a plate aswell just so if it does get really hot it does not get though to the actual surface your keeping it on :)

But to answer your question in one sentence. I dont see the problem as i do it all the time :)

They are great the leave a nice smell for ages afterwards :)

Lovebirds_x wrote:

You can burn it then use the oil as a moisturiser on your legs or something rather than use it for massage :)

+ 1. I wonder if it would just re-harden in the candle pot? May be worth asking livechat. Bear in mind that most of the massage candles are very small and melt at a lower temperature, so you may not get much bang for your buck if you don't plan on using it for massage or as a body oil.

It does just reharden in the pot, and using them as scented candles and nothing more is fine.

We've lit one and failed to get around to actually using it a few times and the oil just solidified ready for next time.x

The question is though are scented candles cheaper to buy than say using one of these low temp massage candles just for the purpose of the scent?

Standard wax has a higher burn temp than massage oil so will burn off faster. Oil will repeatedly solidify and therefore last longer than a candle of the same size.

As massage candles are geared toward sensual encounters they're more subtly scented than regular candles, not to mention the fact that their scents are already mood based.

Given the offers available on massage candles right here on Lovehoney I'd say for bedroom use they probably work out better than normal candles. The only downside is that repeated burning without using will burn off the scent, leaving behind a hot oil smell.

Thank you all for your replies ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I was asking because a while ago, my aunt offered me some strawberry scented candles and they smell nice when not lit, but there is almost no difference in smell when I lit them... so after reading all the positive reviews on here, I thought it could be interesting to try these massage candles. I've seen some of them in the 3 for 10 deal and in the 3 for 25 and as I am never sure what to choose, I might pick one of them some time.

I like the suggestion of using the oil as moisturiser as well, it did not occur to me that I could just use it like that, lol!

Thanks!