Question about sizing...

I was thinking of getting this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30233 with some of my accumulated Oh! Points, but I'm a bit fuzzled by the sizing info...

On the 'select size' menu, the 2X is given as fitting sizes 16-18, but the Dreamgirl size chart further down the page says:

1X / 2X 18 - 20 40" - 48" D - DD 36" - 40" 42" - 48"

Likewise, the size menu says the 3X fits sizes 18-20, but the size chart has:

3X / 4X 22 - 24 48" - 54" DD 40" - 44" 50" - 56"

My measurements are roughly 41-38-50.

After all that wourble, my question (hope it's not too silly...) boils down to: would I be better off getting the 2X or the 3X?

Personally from those measurements I would go with the 3X, but hopefully someone who actually has this will be able to give you an idea on the fit from their experience 😊 it's a really pretty corset, definitely lusting after it myself 😂

And I've seen it written time and again that the returns policy is fab so that's something to keep in mind for your final decision too 😊

I'd go for the 2X on the logic of you'll want a good fit around your bust and waist with that style. The 3X would be too big on your chest and hips according to those measurements.

Your hip measurement is the only one that would bump you to the 3X but considering there seems to be a lot of room/stretch in the hip area with the split back design I think you'd be fine in the smaller size :)

Thanks, folks :) *huggles or your preferred equivalent* I was a bit worried about the waist measurement, especially, because I'm a bit of a junk food junkie at times XD Ah well, incentive to stick to my diet XD

That's why I ordered the Sweat Streak corset-style bustier on L instead of XL ;) (after the XXL - as per LH's size table turned out much too big). Besides, I figure that the point of a corset is to pull me in, so better too small than too big.

However, I'm beginning to wonder whether one couldn't/shouldn't order the same item in two different sizes and just send back the one that fits less well.

And does anybody else have the feeling that the sizing here on the website is rather difficult to nail down? The bikini knickers fit me perfectly in L/XL, the boyshort in that size seems to big (don't have a M yet to compare it to), a G-string is okay in M/L (insofar as a G-string is ever okay...) The fishnet tights in plus size are too big for me (pull up to the crotch much too easily), the normal size fit okay, but the sheer tights with lace top are perfect in plus and would probably be too small in regular. Whereas the Spoil me Triangle bra was much too big in plus, the underwire version in regular L pinches me - there's 5 cm missing in the breastband. (Keeping the bra for the moment, as I'm hoping to lose a few cm).

I feel like I not only have to find my size for the LH brand, but for each product individually :(