Question regarding cock rings.

Hopefully there may be some gents or ladies out there who can answer this.

I am interested in purchasing a toy for my SO, I was looking at a cock ring with ball sleeve/divider. I am wondering if this style of ring has an ability to delay climax of the wearer?

These; https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34881 are on offer, you can put 1 round shaft, 1 behind balls and 1 round balls, though not a divider(verticle type) should make harder but that in itself may make the feel more intense so may have the opposite effect, could try delay cream or simply a thick condom to dull the senses?

Hi, I have just purchased the Tracey Cox Edge Adjustable Ring - see my product report.

I have used it a few times and it is a good cock ring to start with. Philma

If it's delay you are after rather than enjoyment so to speak I would recommend

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27203

We have built up quite a collection but these seen to have the desired effect.

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

These; https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34881 are on offer, you can put 1 round shaft, 1 behind balls and 1 round balls, though not a divider(verticle type) should make harder but that in itself may make the feel more intense so may have the opposite effect, could try delay cream or simply a thick condom to dull the senses?

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32876 Hub used this and it comes in 3 different sizes for 3 different areas - smallest over the shaft, mid size to tighten up the 2 balls and the largest overall. It went cold within 15 minutes. We also have the 3 colorful ones mentioned in "@Quiet ones are worse!" but strictly for his P only. Pretty good but a little thick and overly tight for hub.

RosyCheek wrote:

If it's delay you are after rather than enjoyment so to speak I would recommend

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27203

We have built up quite a collection but these seen to have the desired effect.

These ones are fantastic and I do suggest them often as well as

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32874

Any cock ring will assist in delay however it really does depend on the person

So, A lot of people have offered some good advice above. I'm really surprised how many women have replied. Looking at this I expected this to be mostly men!

OK, so cockrings. Cockrings come in all shapes and sizes. Some are hard, some are soft and some vibrate. It really does depend what you are looking for.

Some wear rings for stimulation (ie jelly/vibration). Some wear for BDSM/chastity purposes (ie very tight/caged rings). Some for harder/stronger erection, some for delay, some for just looking pretty (I fall into the last of those categories).

Since you have suggested that you are looking for delay: Harder cockrings are better for delay (in my opinion). For me these give a harder (on the boarder of painful) erection by trapping blood inside the penis. They go around your penis and balls and basically push the balls forward. You will sometimes get a slapping motion on your balls which can be painful. (The most painful for me is me on my back with SO on top.  The "wider" the rings, the more the delay effect, but also increased pain from getting the position wrong or slapping etc).  DO NOT START WITH A WIDE RING!!  Rings that go around my penis or ball splitters do nothing at all for me (either on the stimulation or delay front).  They're really only for decoration.

OK. Before you go all gungho and puchase a ring:

Your SO needs a reasonable size to be able to hold the cock ring on. Lets be honest here, unfortunately if your hubby has a very small willy the ring simply will fall off and wont hold any blood.

Take a piece of cooking string and get your SO turned on (like as turned on as you possibly can). Take the string and use it to measure around the base of the penis and behind the balls. Make it reasonably tight. This should be around 2 inches for an average man. A man who is slightly "more" may be larger, a man who is slightly "less" may be smaller. Usually this will be between 1.75 and 2.25 inches.

Solid rings demand some respect (seriously). Getting turned on whilst you are putting this ring on is a painful experience, or having it on for too long (whilst errect) causes bruising and groin strain that will last for a couple of days. You need to be able to control your (so's) erection to get this on. Try buying a cheap plastic one to practice on first (something that can easily be cut off if it goes wrong. Put him in the shower (with lube) to practice and let him know that hes not getting any (whether he is or not). Hopefully this will allow him to control his errection.

The balls go through first, then pull the ring towards you and up (causing the balls to hang out) but creating a small space for the penis to be "folded" through. use plenty of lube and push the penis through the hole (head first). When the penis is through then pull the ring back against your body.

To remove, you need to be fully turned off!!!! Even a semi will stop you getting a ring off. A cold shower or flannel works well here. Push the ring away from your body and then loop your little finger between your penis and balls and pull your penis through the ring (using lube to help). Then the ring should just fall off your balls. Plastic rings will always leave a bruise or friction mark around the base of your penis (at least for me), metal ones less so.

A rubber ring will require you to be reasonably shaved or trimmed. It will be pulling hairs out. Metal rings are more forgiving in that department, but less so in others.

Wider rings are usually metal.  These are a lot harder to put on, and a lot less forgiving.  Start with a smaller (less wide) ring first and be familiar first before you go for the wide ones.

I frequently use a condom with a ring, but I do find that a condom usually finishes about half an inch away from where my rings sit. Guys who are shorter may find that a condom will catch on rings, I don't know I've never asked. Maybe try with a condom first and see. If its close, just try a bit of hand action to see if it pulls on the condom.

Don't go for the metal one on the first try, try a couple of times with the plastic ones first. Your SO's penis will be harder, but also more prone to damage - so dont ride him too hard!

Also, gauge the size with the plastic rings first (a set of three sizes is a good call). Always start with the larger size. Its VERY hard to remove a ring (once turned on) even harder to cut off a tight ring, and its very hard to get turned off if the ring is tight (please trust me on this!) The ring should be comfortable when errect and loose when not. If your SO does decide that the ring is too tight then plenty of cold water immediately before you try anything else.

You can read my review and purchase a metal cock ring here:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33176&reviewid=198913#customer_reviews

Hope this helps!

I just noticed that the above link is going to be discontinued! Oh no! I really liked this ring, and I think its a real shame its discontinued. Maybe someone from LH can let you know if something new is going to arrive to replace it?