Question to forum staff.

Good afternoon,

I think i know the answer to this but thought i would check first.

Say i stumbled on a way of getting a discount code for LH just by using google would it be frowned upon/against the rules to share this with the forum?

I know as a business the main aim is to profit from sales so my thoughts are that this wouldn't be ideal for the company but at the same time people do love a bargain and it might make people happy.

Hey K&c30's

Good question!

As most of our forum members are signed up to our mailing list (which is loaded with deals and discounts), and we have continual offers on the site, we prefer 'extra' codes not to be shared here. Whilst it wouldn't be directly against the rules, per say, it just becomes a bit spammy. This is one of the reasons why staff don't shout all the time about sales or upcoming deals.

We want the forum to predominantly be a place to share advice and ideas, rather than a place where we try to sell you things. 

Plus, not all discounts and offers are available on all of our sites, so sharing discounts which worked for you here, may not work for others. It works out much better for others to do what you've done and Google themselves. That way they'll be more likely to be guided to relevant discounts for them.

Good shout though! And by all means feel free to shout about discounts you've discovered on your personal social media platforms :) 

Thanks for asking K&c 

Thanks Jess. I thought that might well be the case. Would you mind locking this tread or deleting it? No reason to keep it open

Just to throw a curve ball... Have you considered all the people who aren't receiving the Lovehoney promotion emails? I can think of 5 or more users that are having that problem.

Having a thread that flags up that there's something on offer (tagged for UK, Level 3, etc) would be very informative. I know I'd find it useful.

Sorry Ian, this isn't in regards to a promotion from an email recieved from lovehoney but a discount i found online so it hasn't technically been sent to anyone