Quick toy tester questions!

So, I just had my first item to be tested sent out and I can't wait to try it! I just have a couple of questions about how the whole system works though, so here goes:

1) Can you ben sent more than one item at a time? If so, approximately how many reviews does it take until this would happen?

2) I noticed a few people mentioning in their reviews about a) the discreet packing and b) the fact that they received their toy via testing. Are either of these encouraged? I realise that everyone has their own style of writing, and I'm very impressed at Lovehoney for both points mentioned, but is it helpful to the readers to mention that in every review?

3) Due to the package being sent out automatically there was no way to choose a time for delivery or a safe place because it skips the whole checkout procedure. I was wondering if there is any way to select either of these - the safe place would be especially handy as I can be out for long days a lot of the time and if I can't choose a delivery time/day it's quite a hassle to go to the post office every time.

Anyway, that's all the questions I can think of for now! Any and all experiences are welcome! I look forward to what you uys have to say.

Hello,

1 I do not think that happened, tbh. I believe its just one item at a time. I think its to ensure people review one item they were sent before they are sent another.

2 I generally do not mention it. As everyone knows the LH packaging is discreet, I focus on what the toy packaging looks like. Especially with higher price range toys, this can be helpful sometimes.

3 I dont think you can choose delivery date or time. I cannot say about safe place as I do not know how that works and this option does not exist in this country. Its either they deliver or you must go to local post office.

You can be sent testers while you have one but I'm not sure if they decide this based on if you have one or just something comes up and you're suited to it. The discrete packaging bit helps for non members but the site does have a section on that anyway. If you go on live chat as soon as you get the email saying you got a tester and ask them if you can add a secret place.

You can very well be sent more than 1 item, I've had 3 in the space of a few days, you can write in your review anything you think will be of use to prospective buyers or what you think you would want to know, and finally you would be best to speak with your postman regarding what's best for you and your postage, if I am not in I've told my postman to leave my parcels behind my wheelie bin around the side of the house,

I've also received more than one tester at a time. I received the FSOG bath oil on Thursday and the LH silencer bullet on Friday. Just submitted my review for the bath oil (it's not up yet, it's awaiting approval) and I will most likely be submitting the review of the bullet tomorrow. ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

How do I get contacted to test? I've done reviews already and have a public wish list?

Hello Richy,

Just carry on writing reviews, whilst also keeping your sex toys tester list updated. Once Lovehoney decide to send you a product to road test you'll receive an email informing you about it.

Hope this helps.

Richy wrote:

How do I get contacted to test? I've done reviews already and have a public wish list?

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/testers/

If you are chosen to receive something you will receive an email telling you what you have been selected to test.

Obviously there are loads and loads and loads of people on the forum who write reviews of their purchases and are willing to test products, but there are only so many products that LH can send out for review. I would make sure you have a read of this page and check that your reviews cover everything mentioned on there, and keep your wishlist up to date. Then it's just a case of waiting to see if you are chosen to review something.

Hope this helps!

(Gah link ended up at the bottom of the post :-/ )

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2012/05/17/how-to-write-a-great-product-review/

Edit: cross posted!

The LH format for a review suggests that the packaging be discussed. Hence people do that thing.

Brilliant! Thanks everyone :)

Also, if it helps Richie, I got my first tester item sent at 6 reviews which I read is about the normal number - although i saw some people saying they got something at 4 as well. But I got the item delivery confirmation within an hour of making my wishlist!!!

Richy, think about the content of your reviews. Your current reviews are very short, and in my opinion, do not contain enough useful information to help people make a decision.

When writing a review, think about all the things to would want to know - in order for lovehoney to select you for a tester, they need to see that you put a lot of thought into your reviews.

2 more questions I just thought of:

1) For those sent more than 1 item at a time, how many reviews had you written before this happened?

2) I know that they send you stuff similar to what you've already reviewed so they know you'll like it, but will they send you something a bit more general if you haven't bought it on here before. For example, I've never bought or reviewed a massage item but could that be sent to me for testing?

Also, to expand on what David said, they the system isn't run by robots. So the higher quality your reviews the more likely you'll be. Personally I usually take 30 mins to an hour on each of mine, and I write it in Word first so I can easily navigate and edit it before uploading.

I think its better just to review items you buy if you enjoy writing them and not worry about being 'chosen' or not.

I try and keep my wishlist upto date when there are items that interest me but its just a lovely bonus if im sent an item and not something ive actively worked towards.

Thanks all, makes sense :-)

I had reviewed 3 or 4 of my own items before being chosen, and as for what you get selected for all depends on what you put in your tester wishlist, you can also receive testers on the forum through tester threads,also it isn't just toys, it could be lingerie,creams pills potions lubes etc even games,

I don't think they see more testers as a reward for more reviews, but the more stuff you appear suitable for the more you'll get. You do recieve stuff for test that you haven't bought similar but it's not particularly often, I received a leg spreader having not bought any bondage gear. It depends what type of review they want beginner/pro

I love writing reviews and being picked for testers, not for free stuff but it makes you think you're doing a good job

The best way of summing up:

1) it's NOT quantity but quality of reviews. What the minimum number of reviews you need is up to Lovehoney to decide, but 3/4 good ones is probably a good place to start.

2) sometimes they might send a product similar to what you have bought before, sometimes it might be something completely new - as Y&F said, depends whether they want a beginners experience against someone who might be more familiar.

3) Testing is a privilege, not a right - there are hundreds of people who would like to be part of the testing community - it can take time to be chosen, and even then there is no guarantee. Just keep buying, reviewing and keep your tester list up to date and one day you could be lucky.