Quotes

I thought it might be interesting to have a thread devoted to sharing quotes that we like. They can be funny, inspiring, thought-provoking, whatever. And be anything from film quotes to proverbs. I'll start with one I read today :

'Kissing is like drinking salty water; you drink & your thirst increases' - chinese proverb

"Friends are like potatoes - if you eat them, they die"

Sorry, that was the first thing that popped into my head :D

Now a serious quote: “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." - Mark Twain

Choose your enemy carefully because that is who you will become

chinese proverb

“Love me or hate me, both are in my favour…If you love me, I'll always be in your heart…If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.”
? William Shakespeare

There is no greatrer investment mankind can make than putting milk into babies

Winston Churchill

A Smile :- the shortest distance between two people

'Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary' - Oscar Wilde

The broad mass of a people are more easily fooled by a big lie than a small one

A. Hitler

His lordship returned today and pleasured me with his riding boots on

I cant remember who it was but was in my book of quotations i laughed like hell ( a society lady´s diary)

A young uneducated man could do worse than read books of quotations

W Churchill

Ork wrote:

Winston Churchill once said, "Off all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind."

he was a politician remember lol

If it is a fair fight you have done something wrong

The man who developed the thatch weave originator of american ariel combat tactics

If you wouldst know what love is

only heart can tell you

two souls with one thought

two hearts with but one pulse

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”

Dr. Seuss

:)

'Listen, Smile, agree and then do whatever the fuck you were going to do anyway' Robert Downey Jr.

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding" - Khalil Gibran

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

'A goal is a dream with a deadline'

There are only 2 types of people who go around this earth beardless Boys and Women - Greek Proverb

"sex is dirty only if it's done right" - Woody Allen

"he who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not remains a fool forever" - Chinese Proverb

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.

`Hooked on the internet?? Help is just a click away!!!'

`If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you'