Rabbit... going rusty?!

I've had my Jessica Rabbit slimline for about 18 months now and I'm very very attached to her :) it's the best relationship I've ever had! She has been a bit over used in the past few months and I recently noticed that shaft inside that is underneath the metal balls and next to the join for the ears is going brown???

I don't know if it's rust but I don't see how it could be because how could any water get in there? Any ideas about what it could be?

sounds strange...when you clean it could it be anything seeping into the inside?

I really don't know. Under the rubber it does look like there are a few bubbles of air or maybe a tiny bit of liquid but the rubber isn't damaged in any way and it's all completely sealed so I don't know how it could have got there. It definitely looks like rust though and I'm worried it will damage her :(

im sure lh customer service might be able to shed some light! maybe water is getting in when you clean her? maybe best not to use until resolved!

mr_man wrote:

im sure lh customer service might be able to shed some light! maybe water is getting in when you clean her? maybe best not to use until resolved!

Good idea, do you use in water?

I've used it in the bath once and occasionally I give her a wash under the tap but I just use sex toy wipes usually and nothing that could cause the rubber to deteriorate. I've contacted customer services. Maybe it's time for a new rabbit.... come on student loan!!!

dotdashdot wrote:

I've used it in the bath once and occasionally I give her a wash under the tap but I just use sex toy wipes usually and nothing that could cause the rubber to deteriorate. I've contacted customer services. Maybe it's time for a new rabbit.... come on student loan!!!

Is any of the metal inside the cap rusty or just the rabbit?

I had no idea that sex toys should be kept in separate boxes or else they can deteriorate! I keep her in with a mini rabbit, a bullet, a few bottles of lube and some condoms. Oopsy.

It's just the metal in the shaft, the bullet in the bunny is fine and the metal beads are okay. They've recommended that I don't use her anymore :( I think I still will until I get a new rabbit and I will store her very carefully!

Was going to say that a new one would probably be your best bet! I would't of thought it was a good idea to use her if she's rusty even if on the inside!!

dotdashdot wrote:

I had no idea that sex toys should be kept in separate boxes or else they can deteriorate! I keep her in with a mini rabbit, a bullet, a few bottles of lube and some condoms. Oopsy.

yes they can. I think it was a discussed topic on several threats that toys can react to each other. I am sorry you learnt the hard way. I bet it hurts. At least now you know what to avoid next time.

I think we all make mistakes. I made mine too.

Why do you have to store separately?

Because different materials can react to each other and destroy the toy, basically. I read of patches of melted materials to toys melted together.

That is worrying!! Makes you wonder if these materials are safe!

mr_man wrote:

That is worrying!! Makes you wonder if these materials are safe!

Well, even silicone toys can react together. And silicon is very safe.

You know... even metals can react to each other. Copper or silver or gold can get iron corroded even more than it would otherwise be. Stone and iron will react to each other too. And we can continue.

Good point Laveila!

It's something I wouldn't have even considered! I opened my other box of toys and noticed that the plastic on one of my butt plugs has gone a bit funny too since being in a little box with a silicone plug. Glad I now know how to store toys correctly! I had a rummage around and it's amazing how many little boxes you find in storage that have had no use before!

I now have a little tin with batteries, two bullets (of the same material) and condoms, my rabbit has her own separate little zip case and I've got two other boxes with one vibrator in each.

Hopefully this will prevent this happening in the future. My poor Jessica :(

dotdashdot wrote:

It's something I wouldn't have even considered! I opened my other box of toys and noticed that the plastic on one of my butt plugs has gone a bit funny too since being in a little box with a silicone plug. Glad I now know how to store toys correctly! I had a rummage around and it's amazing how many little boxes you find in storage that have had no use before!

I now have a little tin with batteries, two bullets (of the same material) and condoms, my rabbit has her own separate little zip case and I've got two other boxes with one vibrator in each.

Hopefully this will prevent this happening in the future. My poor Jessica :(

I would separate the bullets if I were you. The same material can react to each other too. Silicone does for example. And not sure if the rubber button, that bullets usually have, will do together. And I would keep batteries in completely separate tin, just in case they start to leak.

100% silicone won't react to each other, such as Tantus toys. It's when you get a toy that isn't 100% silicone, even when they claim to be, that they react with other materials. I keep a lot of my Tanus toys together and haven't had a problem.

A reaction happens pretty quick, too.

I've had TPR, and skin saf rubbers, go all stick, and 'melt'. But so far I haven't had a silicone toy do this. I even have a box of toys still waiting to be sent off to the rabbit amnesty, mixed with silicone, jelly, tpr, etc. Some of the TPR has melted, all the silicone toys seem find, and some of the rubber ones have become sticky.

Though I'd still advise doing a patch test when using all silicone toys with silicone lube, as it depends on the quaility of both the toy and lube and if they are really 100% silicone (they might have other things in them that'll cause a reaction).

I think it's better to store toys in different bags, just to be safe, but also I feel it keeps each toy cleaner.

I wouldn't advise you to use your rabbit while it has rust, even though it is inside of the shaft. Rust is pretty dangerous to the body, and the vaginal absorbs a lot.

I hope that all makes sense, I'm still waking up. I'll try and find a link with more information later.

I have heard this phenomenon being called "Dali Dildo", and I think the name deserves more widespread use. In my experience, softer silicones and rubbers are more susceptible to this. I don't know enough about the exact materials present (no-one ever gives you specifics) to know the particular chemical reactions taking place (to the laboratory!), but as said above I would store everything in non-contact (remembering the material you are storing them in as well).

I actually had a bottle of silicone lube which I chucked, because it didn't really do a lot for us and I was terrified of getting it on some of our nice silicone toys by accident!

Alex.