Rabbit Vibrator not working - help please

Hi All,

I have had the desire range rabbit vibrator for about 10 months now working perfectly and now I have tried charging it with no success.

I’m not sure what has happened to it - I have several charging wires for different toys and tried the different ones on it with no success. I tried pressing the buttons and the light doesn’t turn on.

Any tips on what to do or how to fix it?

I’d contact Customer Care. If it’s been less then a year, they should sort you out a replacement or a refund. :+1:

1 Like

I don’t have this specific one but I think the desire range usually has a travel lock. Have you tried holding for about 10 seconds to see if it unlocks it? Although I would have thought a light would still come on with charging it…

1 Like

I think putting it on charge automatically disables the travel lock on Desire toys?

Edit: I’ve actually gone and checked a few Desire instruction books for the exact language this time: :slightly_smiling_face:

Alternatively, plugging the toy into a USB port will also deactivate the travel lock.

Not sure if all Desire toys are the same, but the four manuals I just checked all say the same thing. :+1:

2 Likes

Maybe contact LH customer services to see if they can assist you further?

The only thing I can think of is if you didn’t use the right charging lead yet. If so it could be out of battery and needs feeding, or the travel lock is on, like @SexInTheCity said, and it won’t auto unlock on charge as the lead isn’t the right one.

This is from a Desire booklet:

Using the travel lock

The travel lock prevents the vibrator from accidentally switching on when not in use. To activate, press the + and - buttons together when the toy is switched off, and hold for 3 seconds. The [toy] will buzz twice when the lock is activated.

To deactivate the travel lock, press and hold the + and - buttons once more.

Alternatively, plugging the toy into a USB port will also deactivate the travel lock

1 Like

Ah fair enough! The travel lock has caught me out before on other toys but sounds like it’s not that this time!

Are you definitely using the correct wire for the desire? I’ve noticed that even though other toys have very similar size/shape and seem like they “fit” the toy, they don’t actually work properly so worth double checking it’s definitely the right one. I’m the worst for this as all my cables go in the same box and I have to play a guessing game each time I go to charge :grimacing:

Otherwise as others have said definitely worth contacting customer care and see what they can do :crossed_fingers:t2:

Edit: Sorry, just realised @Ian_Chimp already suggested checking the wire before posting!

2 Likes

I forget how to turn toys on all the time. :slightly_smiling_face: Every Vibrator Maintenance Day I’m convinced I’ve lost another to Battery Death, but then I realise I’m mashing the wrong buttons in the wrong order again. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp @Newton27 and @SexInTheCity thank you guys all for your replies.

I have tried out the travel lock on the vibrator but the lights haven’t turned on at all. I have also tried all the different charging cables I have and they’re not sitting quite right in the toy - I think something must’ve happened since I last charged it and it seems as if the charging point has been dislocated/dispositioned within the toy if it makes sense.

And yes I have the same problem I have so many wires it’s always a bit of a guessing game :smile:

I think I’ll contact customer care and see what they say :slight_smile: If I find out the issue I will update in this thread.

Thanks All :+1:

2 Likes

If the dock has become misaligned you can sometimes wiggle the jack when you insert it to straighten it up, but in this case (as you’re coming to the end of the warranty) it’s probably best to contact Customer Care. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think maybe you need to find a way to label your leads for the future. Pushing the wrong lead into a charge socket can cause damage to either and or both the lead and the toy charge point.

1 Like

I just got this. I used it twice & having the same issue! Did you find a resolution?

1 Like

Get on to Customer Care, they’ll be able to help you.