Rant Thread - Get it all out here

Sorry to hear this @zombifiedguy it’s a strange thing to say but sometimes you’re loyalty isn’t rewarded with some companies! Maybe you need to start to think about being loyal to yourself! If you want to push yourself up the ladder so to speak, maybe you need to seek out somewhere else to do it :grimacing::pensive:

5 Likes

I have no idea what i would be doing otherwise or and it isnt the best time for change (lockdown etc).
I feel like im too old to really make big changes etc

1 Like

I don’t think you’re ever to old for change! If you want something more from you’re job I’d say eithe ask the question where you are or go seek it elsewhere! We work a lot and I really think it’s got to be something we enjoy and vsn get something out of! I always wanted something more from my job, it’s the reason I started my own company!
Hope you get things sorted and get to where you need to be :muscle:

4 Likes

Not sure how old this post is but your flatmate/housemate sounds like he has some serious issues nothing to do with what your doing or he wants u for himself and is using excuses not to have your partner there either way I think he needs to live alone I would speak to the landlord in private and explain how strangely he’s acting I think this could escalate and u deserve to live a normal life in your own home aslong as u respect each other’s agreed boundaries this guy seems to in his own world u could try and sit down with him or do it through text if he won’t speak and draw up a contract between you two and agree what’s not acceptable on both sides and if you both sign it then u can record any time he is going over the top and Impeding your life

1 Like

Or he fancies you? and doesn’t like it when you have your boyfriend around.

A past girlfriend was in a house share and when I would stay over someone didn’t like it never found out who but then the landlord said if I’m staying over I should be paying rent which was ridiculous as I wasn’t using anything more, I was there to see my girlfriend and baby. I was only coming over at nights after work. The house wasn’t great at all. He was just the type of landlord that wanted more money.

1 Like

The good news is that he’s history. Gone! :grin:

5 Likes

As @PleasureDrone has said, he’s long gone! Very glad to be rid of him. He caused endless troubles for me at home, constant trouble at work, and my landlord spoke to me and told me he reached the end of his tether with him too. I guess he’s just one of those people. The freedom I’ve felt since has been wonderful.

8 Likes

@For_Your_Eyes_Only_x there’s always someone like him walking amongst us, hopefully good riddance to bad rubbish hun enjoy the feeling of being free and hopefully stress free too! Hopefully he has crawled back under the rock he came out of :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks @Gazza_64 - I feel sorry for whichever rock he’s chosen :joy: x

5 Likes

Hermes. Had a delivery last week, left by the side of the bin out the front. No attempt to knock or notify me. Only knew it was there because Dad saw it coming in from work, no idea how long it had been there.

Today, the tracking still says out for delivery but it was put in front of my car on the drive. Again, no notification. Had I not been popping out this afternoon, I’d never have known it was there.

Neither of those places has ever been given as a safe place either.

Feedback given for the last delivery was less than positive, this one will be very much the same.

7 Likes

@MsSubExperimenter Lodge a complaint. Not that it’ll change much, but might be useful if they do the same again in the future and it goes missing.

5 Likes

Im having similar issue except my parcel has been delivered to a P.O box in derby…Im in Scotland lol

Few phone call later to UPS my parcel is apparently on its way

2 Likes

@Bigiain Wow, thats a new level of dreadful. Hope you manage to get it back

@MsSubExperimenter Some of ours have a habit of leavig it in our rubbish bin for some reason known only to themselves :woman_facepalming: as if there isnt a purfectly suitable post box directly next to the bin and also a green house less the 4m away. Most of them never even knock either (and i would know, as im in 98% of the time at the moment)

3 Likes

I apologise for not reply to anyone who replied to me or tagged me I’ll get to them shortly I promise!
Just wanted to have a rant about something I thought was coming but hoped wouldn’t! Finished a job about a month ago for a lovely couple! Great all the way through the job, tea, biscuits and the odd breakfast. Payed all instalments on time until the end! Lots of extras done on the job to the tune of 8k! Been chasing them fir a month and had all kinds of excuses but gave them the benefit of the doubt as they where so good throughout the job!

Sent final email today again to receive an email back saying they where not going to pay as all the extra work wasn’t all agreed and signed for :rage: 3k 2k of this was for the electrician and 1.k fir the heating engineer along with other bits to other trades! Got a big headache now trying to collect this but still down to me to pay the other lads! Why do people feel it acceptable to try and not pay honest people for work carried out :tired_face: it’s the first time this has ever happened to me but I hear of it happening to many others :man_facepalming:t3:
Sorry for the long winded post :joy:

8 Likes

Wtf that’s bloody well despicable. Can you threaten to tek em to court for their disgraceful refusal to pay? It might kick them into touch. Or failing that sell the debt on to a company who’ll mek the sods pay more than the overdue balance :rofl:

Some people are proper shameless n 8k that’s not pocket change at, it’s big money that you should be spending on me :rofl:

Seriously though I really hope that you get it sorted put bab :crossed_fingers::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

:joy: I wouldn’t sell it on I’ll just have to take it to court but it’ll be a long drawn out process! Hopefully they pay when they receive a court letter :ok_hand:

Oh yea, what would you have me buy you then? :thinking::joy::joy:

2 Likes

That’s awful! I hope you can get it sorted without too much hassle bud!

2 Likes

I feel for you, its such a problem especially at the moment. I would consider a solicitors letter or something like that 8k is a lot of money to lose.

2 Likes

Hellfire mate. Thats dreadful. This happened to my father once and its such a nightmare, i hope you manage to get it back :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Always someone taking advantage of people’s good nature, hope you get your money quickly.

2 Likes