Ratchet Straps

Hi,

My wife is getting more interested in bondage and has said she would like to use restraints (tie me down on the bed) but wants to use ratchet straps. I would be happy to be restrained on the bed but am a bit unsure about her using ratchet straps.

Has anyone else used these? or what advise would you give.

Cheers.

Mr Cheeky

Not used them but the safest way especially if you are not sure is one of the under mattress restraint sets available from Lovehoney.Dont agree to something you are not sure about as you will probably not enjoy the experience.

mysteron wrote:

Not used them but the safest way especially if you are not sure is one of the under mattress restraint sets available from Lovehoney.Dont agree to something you are not sure about as you will probably not enjoy the experience.

What Mysteron said ^^^^^

Easy to install - easy to use - and easy to hide xxxxx

They are also very adjustable so can be as loose or tight as you/she likes xxxx

I'm not sure the normal ratchet straps from the hardware store are a good idea to tie someone down with, you can easily pinch, get the sheets caught etc. I would invest in some decent cuffs, they are so much easier to use and are comfortable.

Not sure that you'll get a quick release in an emergency when secured with ratchet straps!

As mentioned by mysteron above, the under mattress restraint set is good and adjustable to be tighter or loser depending on the situation.

And consider these https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36753

I wouldnt advise using them, they are made to be difficult to come loose, thus in an emergency you would struggle and due to sharp edges / rough marterials could end up causing harm.

As above, there are plenty of "made for purpose" items, best to start there.

collector wrote:

Not sure that you'll get a quick release in an emergency when secured with ratchet straps!

As mentioned by mysteron above, the under mattress restraint set is good and adjustable to be tighter or loser depending on the situation.

And consider these https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36753

mysteron wrote:

+1 to both of these!

I often use ratchet straps in my job,they`re vile things,i certainly would not use them for pleasure,even bondage!![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif)

Thank you all for your helpful advice, I think I will be doing some more shopping at Lh ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

As others have said, look at a proper restraint set (we have 2). The problem with ratchet straps is to try and release them you need to apply a little more tension so you can release the locking mechanisim.

This post is no longer available.