Rating Vibes (Frequency/ Strength/Noise)

Continuing the discussion from Product Comparison Tables:

Leading on from a chat in the Product Comparison Tables topic we wondered if we could ask the forum to rate how rumbly or buzzy certain toys are, as well as how strong or noisy. :slightly_smiling_face: We can then take those numbers and put them in a comparison table, and then pit them against all the other forum favourites like a giant game of Top Trumps. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

So, if we pick some of the Usual Suspects that a lot (or enough) of us may own we can maybe calibrate a scoring system. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

How about this as the rough 1-10 scale? (this one is frequency, but I’m fairly sure strength and noise will be pretty similar)

Frequency Score Key:

Score:
Frequency:
Description:
1/2/3
Low
Rumbly
4/5/6/7
Medium
Midrange
8/9/10
High
Buzzy

And I thought to collect the scores themselves we could use a poll. Something like:

How Rumbly or Buzzy do you find the We-Vibe Tango? (Rumbliest = 1, Buzziest = 10)

0 voters

So, what does everyone reckon? Can it be done? :slightly_smiling_face:

And if so, what toys would you suggest we start with? (ie. what are the most likely toys that a lot of us would have?)

• Tango?
  • Some Mantric and Desire?
  • You tell me… :slightly_smiling_face:
1 Like

Certainly worth a go - would be good info to have.

I was going to suggest adding FSOG toys, but most in my collection are the purple and navy ones which are not available any more.

Also, there is a common perception (I think?) that rumbly = good but buzzy = bad, which could be counterproductive, sales-wise?

I think having a noise rating will definitely be helpful!

I have a couple of Mantric toys so would be good to have those on there.

This will be no different than leaving a review. :+1: And people do like different things, otherwise why make buzzy ones at all? :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s also graded, so the toys we pick may all be ‘rumbly’, but one could be a 2 verus another one at 3.

Maybe the Mantric and Desire ones could be the obvious start? I bet there’s loads of those flying around. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve got the Mantric:

And the Desire:

Great list and a good idea - I’d try it.

I think buzzy toys tend to be cheaper, but I could be wrong… and my first purchase from Lovehoney was a buzzy battery bullet which I still think is great ( I keep it in my handbag for emergencies…)

That is a dildo. :slightly_smiling_face: If it’s buzzing it’s because there’s a bee in it.

I have the Mantric pebble and the remote control knicker vibrator :+1:t2:

How about the phrasing and layout of this question? Is it clearer than the first?

How would you rate the frequency of the (eg) Mantric Knicker Vibrator?

1 is Low (Rumbly) / 10 is High (Buzzy)

0 voters

Frequency Score Key:

Score:
Frequency:
Description:
1/2/3
Low
Rumbly
4/5/6/7
Medium
Midrange
8/9/10
High
Buzzy
3 Likes

I like that @Ian_Chimp :+1:t2:

1 Like

I prefer the phrasing of this for the question, but I also really like the Frequency Score Key so think that should be included too :+1:

Do you think it would work better to go through each table at a time rather than the individual ranges? I’m just thinking the ranges may be a bit too broad… For example there’s bullets, cock rings, love eggs and strapless strap ons all in the same range so you wouldn’t necessarily want to compare those. I think it may be easier for you completing the tables if you got all the results for one table at a time. Although I’m a bit obsessed with doing things too systematically so I completely understand if this isn’t the shared view :laughing:

1 Like

If there were enough of us we could probably jimmy up some kind of product examples that we all agreed on to represent the 1, 5, and 10 grades. So, we all say that the rumbliest, strongest, or noisiest toy we own is To Be Revealed..., and one for the best buzziest (if we can find enough people that like them :slightly_smiling_face:). And maybe a good mid-range one too?

ETA: And how about a text-based question for the volume? People’s sensitivies to noise are quite subjective, so I was thinking of something like this:

Did you think the [toy] was:

• Roadwork loud
  • Gonna need some music
  • Throaty
  • Muffled by a duvet
  • Surprisingly subtle
  • Left hand didn’t know what right hand was doing

0 voters

And then you could say something like ‘72% said Muffled by duvet’

2 Likes

I’m hoping someone/lots of people will match with something on my list so we can all do Vibe Club together. :slightly_smiling_face: I thought the Mantrics and Desires were a good batch to start with as it’s likely a few members have picked some up on their travels. :+1:

Did you get any hits?

Are we gonna do battery powered and rechargeable separately?

I think any toys could go head-to-head in a comparison table? A ‘Best Battery v Best Rechargeable’ might be a good one. :slightly_smiling_face:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Product Comparison Tables

Argh! I posted the wrong link! I had several tabs open.
Anyway, it is a little single speed Tracey Cox battery bullet in silver :+1:

1 Like

Definitely! I’ve a few battery vibes that can match some of the lesser-powered rechargeables.

Oh! What about a budget/premium comparison?

I started with MsR’s silver Tracey Cox bullet so I’d step up to the Mantric/Desire/Tango bullets depending on how much I could afford.

I still like the TC silver bullet but am glad I upgraded a few times to my ultimate most-used Tango.

1 Like