Real beauty - body positivity poll and cheerleading

Well @Wildflower that`s exactly what they are, signs of a life well lived and survived! Scars fade with age, so we should be proud of them! Wear them like a badge of honour! :wink: :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

All you guys in this community are amazing! Thank you xx

2 Likes

Hahahaha! That made me laugh :joy:
Though obviously a beautiful hobo nonetheless :wink:

1 Like

Another irritating advert aimed at our vanityā€¦that German caffeine shampoo they don`t explicitly say it because legally it"s probably a load of old cobblers, but they insinuate it makes your hair grow and prevents hair loss.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s such fearmongering about going bald isnā€™t there! I find a bald head on a guy attractive, thereā€™s something rugged about it. But thereā€™s also some ladies who make it look beautiful and delicate (nothing compares, ey Sinead Oā€™Connor?)

PLUS there is the amazing joy in rubbing the little fuzzy head stubble as it grows back in - one of my guilty pleasures in life :joy:

4 Likes

I tell my partner all the time I love her the way she is but never seems to listen. Me on the other hand, Iā€™ve always struggled with confidence about my body, I went through a stage of not being able to put weight on so I could tone my body up as I was due to go on holiday, and now itā€™s the other way round, no matter what I do I can shift these extra ā€˜lockdown poundsā€™ itā€™s hard being a bloke too with all these magazines and shirtless blokes all over the place, mental health is a big thing at the moment and I personally donā€™t think much is being done to change the trend.

3 Likes

Itā€™s so refreshing to see when people and brands do change the trend, and I hope more get on board.
I think Lovehoney do a good job with plus size women - I feel totally normal and accepted on LH - though I do suppose Iā€™ve never seen any plus size men!
Another one I think does a great job is Lush - all their models are real looking people - so nice since body and skincare is such a universal thing

3 Likes

@Cassii. Yeah I agree with Love Honey and the models, nothing beats looking at things for the OH and seeing them on another women with curves in all the right places. It makes it all the better in ordering items

Or older models either.

3 Likes

Oh thatā€™s very true @Ian_Chimp!! That hadnā€™t occurred to me!

2 Likes

Maybe love honey should run a campaign with some of the customers??

5 Likes

There are often media shout outs on here for members to volunteer for a bit of PR and stuff. You normally need to share your real name and photo, so a lot of us donā€™t put our names forward. :slightly_smiling_face: Keep an eye out though if youā€™re up for it. :+1:

1 Like

Oh believe me I think sheā€™s would drop if I did it lol :joy:

1 Like

I think if this idea comes through its be really great

2 Likes

Thatā€™d be good for individuals looking at fit and style, etc, but I still think youā€™d want a wider demographic in the main product photos. I think more variety would give off a strong ā€˜this is meant for people like youā€™ vibe across the brand as a whole. :+1:

2 Likes

Good point well made. I wonder how much effort it would be to have multiple models for each item?

The older I get , the more effort it takes to stay in shape . Sure it is somewhat vanity , but mainly to stay healthier . I have stretch marks from my body building days . Heart surgery scar along with many small scars from working and playing hard . I have been a sun worshiper my whole life and tan very carefully and gradually . I like to think I look better than a high percentage of fellows my age ( 62) . I am retired and ā€œworkā€ a bit less physically now , but I still play quite hard . Thank the lord for my chiropractor !

5 Likes

@Cassii thatā€™s a good point and @Ian_Chimp also your point about lack of older models, Iā€™d love to see people of my age group modelling stuff :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I bet a few of us older members would be good ā€œnormalā€ models, but i wouldn`t want to show my face! :scream:

2 Likes

Spot on @M32 itā€™s whatā€™s on the inside that counts! :smile:

1 Like