Real beauty - body positivity poll and cheerleading

I am with you on that ! I can just see relatives ( children ) and old friends and neighbors reactions .

1 Like

Hahaa, so here goes, my confession, I bought me some feel good sexy boxers and some cage briefs LH of course, and as I ordered them I kept lookIng at the beautiful pictures and body’s of the models thinking if only they could make me look that good.

Anyways they arrived and I tried them on, for a bit of fun I decided to mimic the models from LH and got the Wife to take some pictures, hence my new profile picture, now I’m 48, 5”6’ tall and 10.5 stone in weight so definitely not model material, but I think and so does my better half, that I look damn hot in-fact let me just put it out there, better then those Photoshopped LH models :wink:

And one more thing as soon as I can, I’m gonna post them up on here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, you look good in them!

1 Like

@WillC why thank you sir as do you my friend as do you.

2 Likes

I’d love to do something like that - if Lovehoney do this with regular customers / forum writers then it could be a step towards body positivism and highlighting a happy sexual side at any age. I wouldn’t mind IRL details being used, as long as my online name wasn’t also given… I’ll keep an eye out.

@Cassii - this is a great thread! Thank you xx

2 Likes

I’d show my face just to see the look on my mother’s :rofl:

3 Likes

@Justthe2ofus2007, im so sorry to hear that you went through something so awful, and I’m really glad to hear that you’ve opened up about it to your loved ones and sought more help. You are so strong :heart:

And what a great achievement to shift the weight, you must feel so much more comfortable. Excess skin is so hard, if removing it one day helps you feel more at home in your own body then I think it’s a positive thing to look forward to, and in the meantime I bet you are beautiful as you are right now - it certainly sounds like your hubby thinks so! :kissing_heart:

ETA: @Dont_its_not_all_about_Getting - not model material?? You’re deffo giving the professional models a run for their money!

3 Likes

I don’t feel positive about my body, I never have. I have struggled all my adult life.

Sending hugs your way @Knight1119

It’s not an easy thing and a lot of people struggle. You’re not alone. :heart:

1 Like

Knight, i hope you learn to accept your body. Look for the good points instead of the perceived bad ones. Like i said in my post i have ugly scarred hands, but on the plus side they’re sensitive and gentle. Try using that tactic on yourself. Chin up my friend!

2 Likes

Thanks Cassii, very kind.

1 Like

Thanks Will, I’ll try.

1 Like

It’s all about perception, I think my hands are ugly, my OH thinks they’re rugged! You should focus on your good points, of which I’m sure there are many!

1 Like

We’re always our own worst critics I find! I can point out all sorts of things I don’t like about myself, but the same things on someone else, I can honestly and genuinely compliment. I hope that makes sense.

I think in some way we need to adapt the saying about looking at life through rose tinted glasses to looking at ourselves through them and seeing ourselves positively. Easier said than done!

(I hope that makes sense rather than the random rambling of a tired brain!)

3 Likes

@Justthe2ofus2007, thanks, that’s really kind of you. I’m so pleased that I’ve helped others in even a small way.

2 Likes

Dude you look good sure, but better than the “I’m sure they are NOT photoshopped” Lovehoney Plus size models ??? Dude ???
Let me put that back out there at ya’!
:grin:

Great poll, lovely topic.

I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t change something about themselves. I think we are all our harshest critics. We all look at other people thinking, I wish I had her hair, his shoulders, her boobs, his height, etc. We’ve just got to remember there will always be someone wishing they had something of ours too!

5 Likes

The VERY best thing is a supportive partner. My cheerleader has completely changed the way I see myself, literally from head to toe. My greying hair looks “distinguished”, my smile is “beautiful”, my feet are “lovely” and all points between. I am reminded everyday, so often, that even I now believe it, as the tears stream down my face at the thought that I can mean so much to somebody xx

7 Likes

I need one.

2 Likes

@CurvyJilly you have supportive friends here if that helps! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes