Really regretting my review

So, March 1st was the first time i ever masturbated (i also put in a lovehoney order that day) and as a novice i really didn't know how to use toys or what i liked, and sent back my original order after a week as i thought i didn't like it. Re bought one of the 2 toys recently as i realise now i actually had my first ever orgasm with it, i just didn't realise at the time, and now i know how to use them, i even had a triple orgasm for th first time with it today. I regret the less than great review i gave it :( Also regret that the other toy (a glass dildo) i sent back too, and is now discontinued, so can't re buy that as i'm sure now i know what i'm doing i would have loved it. Has anyone else ever regretted a review you've written, or done a complete 180 on a decision of like or disliking a toy?

You could always rewrite your review.
There's nothing stopping you changing your mind - people do it all the time.
To answer your question, I always use toys several times before reviewing.

No cant say i have i always use toys a few times before total making my mind up an writing reviews

Hi VirginAngel, you can always re-do your original review. Just speak to Live Chat and I am sure they will be able to re-upload it for you. I had something extra to add to one of my reviews once, and they happily added it on for me.

Don't forget there are a couple of pieces of glass in the sale at the moment :) xx

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24431

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=3523

Like people have said you could always write your review again :)

I also use my toys a good few times before writing a review about 3/5 times min.

I've sent back a few toys that didn't works for me before.

I haven't regretted a review but I have wanted to edit a few things on reviews at different times. It's ok to change your mind :)

Thanks for that really useful reply Roger.

I never thought to talk to live chat, talk about not seeing the wood for the trees doh!

Never regretted a review I've written, I make sure the product is used thoroughly before I write up the review.

Oh don't regret your review. That's how you felt at that particular point in time, your experiences mean your opinion may change. There are toys I used to dislike a few months ago that I love now. Then again, there are also toys I used to like that do absolutely nothing for me.

Once you learn what you like and what works for your body, it will become easier to chose good toys. You don't have to delete the old review, why not just resubmit saying why you changed your mind?

What did the glass dildo you returned look like? Maybe we can find you a similar one!

I am a sex toy reviewer (as in - it's what I do...all day, every day) and let me give you a bit of advice somebody kindly passed on to me when I was in your shoes back at the start. See, I also had a change of heart on a product or two after owning them many months and I asked "Should I go back and re-write a review when this happens?"

This person said to me, No, I wouldn't, because the fact of the matter is that this is how you felt about the product at one time. We are evolving. All of us. Our desires change over time and things that work for us (or not) change over time. At the beginning, I was blown away by a few vibes that now, after experiencing some better ones, made me wonder why I loved those first ones....

but that's the thing. Not everyone will enjoy what you enjoy. It may even be true that what you enjoy NOW, could change in a years time. This is the nature of reviewing sex toys and it is the reason many seasoned reviewers tell people to read reviews and then think about not just the positive things said, but the negatives (Which could actually BE a positive for someone else - you might not like weaker vibrators, but a weaker vibrator could be just the thing that a more sensitive woman needs. Maybe you don't like slim line toys any more, but there vould be women and men seeking slim line because they struggle with anything more) So the thing is, the best you can do is talk about how the toy feels, how it works and why it did and/or did not work for you. What you liked about it and what you did not and anything else that seems relavent and this gives others information. That's all.

Because its not true that a toy with 100% five star reviews from 20 people will work for you at all (The COmet Wand failed me miserably and so many loved it with a passion) and likewise, a toy with rubbish reviews very well could blow your mind. Its about reading others experiences and how they felt at the time, to try and get an idea of how that particular toy works in general and imagining if it would work for your tastes. As I say, tastes change for people....so it happens. This has indeed happened to me and now I just put an edit into reviews to say ....."Edit (6 months later)" and then explain the changes I felt. All you can do is be honest at the time and avoid misleading people.

That being said....do try to get a good opinion of every product first. I try to use each one at least three times (Usually more) and if it can be used on a male body too...then its the same deal for my partner...multiple tries.

When it comes to products so personal and tastes that are so subjective, the best you can do is be completely honest at the time and accept you might outgrow something, or even grow into something in time.

I was told this at the beginning of my reviewing starting and I was glad I was. I stopped panicking and stopped feeling disingenuous. Remember, people want to hear from all experience levels. So you may have been a beginner at the time, but there will be plenty of beginners who want to hear from you. How DID it feel for a complete beginner? See, now they will have your opinion...and then they can read from someone else and see how they felt.

That is actually amazing advice fluffbags, thankyou :)

Contact CS and ask them if you can submit a new review and to remove the old one.

As for using toys, perhaps you were a bit rash in your decision to return the items indeed. With Lovehoney having a 365 day return policy I always make sure I use something a few times over a few months before I decide whether I like it or not. Usually you can find different ways to use something during that time and therefore your opinion changes. All I can suggest is next time to wait at least a few weeks and several uses until you write your review, that way you'll be less likely to have that issue.

The other thing to note too is that when you first start out with sex toys, you'll probably find some things are fantastic to you but as you progress you'll find yourself thinking they are not as great as they used to be. That's natural though and the review at the time you wrote them is still useful to others who are just starting out too. So sometimes it's not all bad that you later change your mind but put it more down to experience.

I remember when you were asking about returning those, was sure you'd come round with a bit of experience. If you can talk about that in a new review (you can have two on one item), it will be there for someone else to find and learn from. More of those will help counter the ZOMG I just got my first rabbit/wand and you have to have it because it makes me come so it will blow you away too type reviews. ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Turn the review part of it into a positive, just like you have with your use of toys.

It's fine that after you have tried it before you have enjoyed it better so yeah delete review and write another :)

Fluff bags I want your job !!! Lol . Where do I sign : )

They still sell the bigger version of the original glass but at 5.25 inch girth pretty sure it's way too big for me. Oh well, plenty of other lovely glass :)

It's a mind set thing. We all change our minds about many things in life. As we get older and more experienced. When I was living at with my parents I hated veg when I left and started cooking for myself it was a real revalation, they were all over cooked so soft and tasteless.

When you get your first car most start small and move on to something more powerful.

When we first start out on our sexual journeys we are bound to like the look of something and when we get it ( our eyes are bigger than are bellies) so to speak. Butt plugs have to be the obvious example, there is now way anyone would buy a massive one and go straight on to it without having used a few smaller ones . first. Then would you still enjoy the first small one?

Well thanks for the sarky, whoever it was. The underlying social point is that we are taught at a young age that wanking is forbidden. Some people get fooled by that and ther sex lives get ruined. The OP was a victim of that and her lack of experience led to the review she now regrets.

My point stands. To coin a phrase.

Oh my gosh...sex toy reviewer.sounds so good!!!