Rechargeable cock ring battery dead

Hi, we’ve had 2 different vibrating rechargeable cock rings that my wife loves and I enjoy wearing too.

Our previous one had 2 magnetic points and and a magnetic charger. When it was new and used once or twice a week was fine and charged fully and worked well.

Then we went on holiday / didn’t use it for a couple of week’s and it never charged up again.

We got a new one which my wife enjoyed even more. It has a remote and we charged and used them both 1-3 times a week. It has a USB push in charger.

We went on holiday again / were a bit too busy to use it for about a fortnight.

I put both the cock ring and remote on charge. The cock ring light went solid (it flashes when charging goes solid when fully charged). I lubed up put on today pressed remote control and it started vibrating.

Then after 10 seconds it went dead. We tried a few more times but in the end just took it off.

I cleaned and dried it and put it back on charge and it went straight to solid suggesting it’s fully charged but it doesn’t work properly anymore.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the batteries going dead after a few weeks of inactivity or anything I could try to get it working again?

Many thanks. If we get a new one will have to make sure that we go no more than 10 days without using it hehe! :laughing:

1 Like

How long have you had them as they shouldn’t lose the ability to charge unless you’re using them seriously frequently.

Might be worth dropping LH customer services a line as if they’re defective you could get a refund/replacement. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks @Rob36 - I was selected for them both as secret tester or a tester so I haven’t actually paid for them.

I’ll probably buy one from lovehoney then it will be covered just in case battery dies again.

Had the latest one less than 5 months I think… I’ll check email.

Before our latest holiday I even charged it up but now it won’t stay on for more than 10 seconds.

My wife orgasms pretty easily but not that quickly hehe!

I’m going to leave on charge for another hour now but don’t think it will help as it’s solid not flashing. Cheers

Flashing = charging
Solid light = charged

Ahh! If they were secret then they may have been prototypes of course. There’s a few that are powered by bullets rather than being rechargeable sealed units so that cold be an option to go for? If the bullet died then you’d only need to replace that.

We had a 50 shades rechargeable one as a tester https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/cock-rings/vibrating-cock-rings/p/fifty-shades-of-grey-sensation-rechargeable-vibrating-love-ring/a46088g82942.html but it was waaay too tight for me so only ever got charged once and now lives in it’s box under the bed. Pretty sure it’s identical to the LH Ignite https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/cock-rings/vibrating-cock-rings/p/lovehoney-ignite-20-function-vibrating-love-ring/a41333g75303.html but a different colour and a few quid more. :man_facepalming::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

You could give your 50 shades of grey not needed one to someone hehe.

I was trying to add a photo via my phone but it’s not working.

They’re both units nothing removable no bullet vibes to push in just a rechargeable unit.

Got a few saved to my wish list saved items so will try to find the best one to purchase. Cheers.

Yes I’ve had same sort of issue with a different toy which I have a feeling it could be down to letting the battery fully run out before charging that damages it…

I’d maybe check the troubleshoot instructions if still have them and/or contact the manufacturer of the toy if it’s not of a LH brand.

1 Like

Cheers @AJSTAR - the latest cock ring was an appreciated secret taster item.

It came in a plastic see through bag with no instructions or box.

It’s a shame as it was charging and working so well before our holiday break.

I’m not 100% what the brand is.

LH sell one similar but the one I tried never made it to their shop.

They sell a similar one but it has no remote and I just read that people enjoy it but it can be fiddly to turn off or change settings when it’s covered in lube.

Both our ones had remote controls which was handy.

I’ll keep an eye out for another one which has a remote control and good reviews.

It’s coming up to our son’s Easter half term so we don’t get as much time to use sex toys when they’re not at school so will probably purchase after that and as it won’t be a tester item be fine to contact customer service if for any reason the battery draining problem happens it again but hopefully it won’t :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm sounds like it could be a new trial item from LH hence why no packaging designed yet for it…

so in that case I’d say your best bet is to either message @Lovehoney_Brenna or customer service to explain the fault in the toy so if it’s still in a trial test phase they can make improvements to it.

On the positive being a tester toy you’ve not lost any money on it and can do what you mentioned in keeping an eye out for a new one with good reviews on the site :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cheers @AJSTAR - I did contact Brenna about our previous one which died which is actually live on LH. Brenna most probably comes across posts after a while so she might read my comments here.

It was a few months ago and it’s not on the LH website yet so it might just have been a secret tester prototype or cost wise it might not have made financial sense for them to source and sell on the particular one I got sent.

Even if I would have paid for it we would have already had our monies worth out of it hehe! :laughing:

Haha getting the moneys worth is the main thing! And typically not all toys are made to last forever, with some hitting the grave sooner than others :grin: