Removing the pleading_face emoji from the Lingerie topic

Is there anyway you can disable the sad emotion in the lingerie photos. It’s not very nice for someone to post their first picture and the first reaction is the sad face. Never have I seen that before.

10 Likes

Wow, thats not a nice reaction to get! I’m hoping there was wording attached and thats what initiated the emoji, rather than the photo! But still!

5 Likes

Sadly I don’t think there was any wording. Same person at it again if he can’t use words he is now using expressions . Don’t worry @Pjcaudle73 we aren’t all like that keep them posting :+1:

It looks like more of the sick/disgust face than the sad face.

4 Likes

Yeah I seen it. @Lovehoney_Brenna @Ian_Chimp is it possible to do what @teacake has suggested?

3 Likes

Don’t know what you call it but it’s not nice.

I’ve had a look and unfortunately I cannot see a way to remove an emoji for a specific category.

I will take a look into most used reactions and see if it is time for an general emoji reshuffle.

12 Likes

If you can’t is there anyway to disable all emotions for the photo section? So then people can leave nice comments in the lingerie appreciation thread, and the people who doesn’t like a picture doesn’t have to say anything. That way it’s all clean no intentional words or emotions to hurt people.

I’m speaking with my heart here when I went through a bad eating disorder and needed to feel good about myself I posted pictures it would of crushed me even more to see a disgust emotion.

6 Likes

Could it be someone’s sausage fingers hitting by mistake…

1 Like

I was waiting for someone to say that. I’m guessing most likely no, but will probably come up with that excuse now,considering who the person is who reacted that way it’s just another way to show his disapproval without words.

People post pictures for lots of reasons confidence is a big thing so seeing anything negative isn’t really a great way to become more confident. Show :heart: or nothing at all.

1 Like

I have done the old sausage finger emoji a few time but you notice it immediately and correct accordingly.

I don’t want to make accusations at anyone …. But it’s a bit hard not to see it as a bit malicious and a little more than a coincidence after the main topic over the weekend.

The old saying “ if you haven’t anything nice to say then say nothing at all”

Contrary to believe, Not a single person on this plant is perfect, Not one person is above anyone else, and not one opinion or preference is more important than the next. Live and let live.
(Mrs)

4 Likes

Was it an error by the person or persons concerned?

We need to ensure that we are not quick to judge and condemn.

If there is a pattern of behaviour, then that is concerning, but surely one for the LH moderators to address and not what is a wonderfully accomodating and diverse forum sinking to mob rule.

1 Like

I get that this could be seen as a horrible reaction, and it is, but I don’t see banning all emojis in this thread should be an option.
We shouldn’t let one person being rude, ruin all the love that is given in this thread.

I will send a heart emoji on most occasions, I don’t often post in the appreciation thread.

I hope by raising this point, I won’t come under flack, I just don’t like it in life where someone does something silly or something someone else doesn’t like means everyone’s privileges are taken away.

7 Likes

I totally agree @Bonzo2020

But if it came to it I would be happy if it stops people from being ashamed etc… Having a :heart: is all that is needed so then if someone doesn’t like a picture then they can’t upset someone.

We do have the appreciation thread so you can at least say well done etc… But I understand some people might not go into that thread. But it would get everyone more evolved if the only option is to go into that thread.

Maybe stricter rules need to be applied with warnings when it comes to this​:person_shrugging:

1 Like

I think it may be possible. :thinking: I’ll have a think and see if I can come up with something that Brenna finds acceptable.

Though I’ve just scrolled down a little further and found this on another topic, so I may be able to save a few brain cells for later: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes @Ian_Chimp it’s being dealt with. You were too late to the thread lol

1 Like

No worries. :slight_smile: I’ve left the title change though as topic titles are more useful when they’re descriptive rather than generic. :+1:

1 Like

I wish you hadn’t as this was for LH not for members. @Ian_Chimp

Hmm. :thinking: I think a descriptive title on public topics is still useful even if the decision is ultimately for Brenna to make.

Of course, if you ever wanted to raise something non-publicly you can always send Brenna an email at community@lovehoneygroup.com:

2 Likes

Well if Brenna didn’t think it needed to be edited then you should of left it alone. @Ian_Chimp It was posted and dealt with last week on the same day I posted it.

That’s fantastic. I’m happy you got a speedy resolution. :slight_smile: