Renewer powder

So.... Reading about renewer powder/cornstarch to keep certain toys feeling new and realistic, do these need to be washed off prior to use if they are being inserted.? TIA x

You put a really fine dusting of it on and wipe / blow the excess off. You don’t need to wash the powder off before using it.

Thanks so much for the tip x

Best thing to do is washed your toys as needed and then dry either by using a towel or letting them air dry. Once done you simply sprinkle a little cornstarch or “renewal powder” on the top and use your fingers to lightly coat the outside ready for your next session.

I actually use corn starch on all my pvc, silicone, and rubber toys. Keeps them from reacting with each other and with containers. Also keeps them cleaner since they are not tacky at all so nothing sticks to them.

I've just bought a Blow Yo stroker and I just want to check that I can use cornflour from my kitchen cupboard rather than shell out £8.99 for the official Blow Yo stroker renewer? Is the branded stuff superior in any way?

The only risk I could see with using cornflour would be with TPE toys which seem to be a lot more porous so more likely to harbour bacteria. I can't imagine the branded powders being that different tho, it could be a total none issue.

I have used the Lovehoney Thrust branded renewal powerder, Fleshlight branded powder and normal cornflour on silicone and TPE toys to good effect. I can't say the branded powders were any better but coming out of a tube rather than a carboard box and plastic bag did make them a lot easier to apply.

Some of my toys are a little larger so I used a mini roller and paint tray, worked pretty well :D

Raptured wrote:

The only risk I could see with using cornflour would be with TPE toys which seem to be a lot more porous so more likely to harbour bacteria. I can't imagine the branded powders being that different tho, it could be a total none issue.

I have used the Lovehoney Thrust branded renewal powerder, Fleshlight branded powder and normal cornflour on silicone and TPE toys to good effect. I can't say the branded powders were any better but coming out of a tube rather than a carboard box and plastic bag did make them a lot easier to apply.

Some of my toys are a little larger so I used a mini roller and paint tray, worked pretty well :D

The branded renewed powders are all corn flour.

Thanks. 👍 That'll save me a bit of money. 🙂