Restraints / Light Bondage

So the hubby and I were thinking of getting some kind of restraints or something to tie me up, but we don’t have any bedposts to tie me to. Does anyone have any good suggestions what we could try instead?

Also, any recommendations for tying my hands together or handcuffs?? Just want to make it, so I can’t move as he wants to try being in control!

Thanks ahead of time

2 Likes

Hi. I dont have any experience of them myself, but LH do a range of under mattress restraint sets which could be worth checking out.

4 Likes

We’ve got these Under Bed Restraints and they are amazing! Hidden under the bed at all times, but when you want them to make an appearance, they’re super easy to get out. Really well made.
You can make them tight, or loose fitted, whatever your preference is.
Highly recommend

4 Likes

Lots of ideas depending on how into it you get and how much you are willing to spend. I will say that good toys make for good sex. If you just want to try first use something long enough the reach the bed legs to restrain you in the spread eagle position. As @ajs72 stated, you can get under mattress restraints as well. Spreader bars between wrists and ankles would also work and you can also consider a hogtie harness which binds wrists and ankles altogether while face down. If you find you like it, spend the money on good quality leather cuffs with D rings attached. Once you have those all you need is a few snap hooks for all kinds of restraint positions.

1 Like

Another vote for the under-bed kit. We have used ours for over 10 years and it just lives tucked under the mattress. Worked well for a long time but a couple years ago the Velcro started to tear out and so we upgraded the cuffs to these Dominix and the matching ankle cuffs. Much sturdier and sexier feel than the foam and Velcro and clip in fine. But the straps and all are still solid and under the bed.

A spreader bar or hogtie harness could also be helpful additions. Or a long bit of soft rope could be run under the mattress as well, but we found that as we haven’t committed time to proper shibari, rope has always been more trouble than it’s worth and stick to the harnesses and cuffs.

1 Like

Love this subject. We have a lot of restraints, so I think I can give some good input here.

Under the bed restraints are good and I’d definitely recommend them, but they’re not my (personal) top recommendation. Purely because they’re (I think) pretty limited in what you can do with them and in offering variety. Ie your only options and variations are whether you want to be starfished on your front or back… that’s it.

You’ll also struggle to do things in isolation like you can’t just tie your arms down, or legs apart, it’s a full package. Eg if you want to have your legs spread apart / he wants to force your legs apart, and you have the freedom to touch yourself then you can’t do it. Also, my final big negative is that you can only use them on your bed… sometimes I don’t want sex on the bed.

Instead, my #1 recommendation is that you get 2 things:

1. wrist cuffs (like these: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/lovehoney/p/dominix-deluxe-heavy-leather-wrist-cuffs/49132.html); and
  2. a spreader (like this: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/bondage/handcuffs-restraints/spreader-bars/p/dominix-deluxe-20-inch-leather-wrist-and-ankle-spreader-bar/a35539g64915.html)

Then you can do near enough anything, in any position, anywhere… hands together in front or behind you or to an object like a radiator (or the spreader). Force your legs apart independently. You can use the restraints and spreader independently or together. You can do it all over (and outside of) the house. You can do all the positions.

I’d suggest these, then if you like them start to branch out like the under bed, and potentially more specific restraints.

Just my 2 pennies.

One more suggestion… do a search for a book called “Better Built Bondage”. LH doesn’t carry it but it should come up in Google easily. I own a copy and it’s all about how to make your own BDsm toys. Much of it is way past my skillset but the ideas presented opened up new doors for my experiences and there are some great ideas for more basic interests. Highly recommended for anyone wanting to explore restraint or taking things to the next level.

Think there’s some type of restraints what you can get that goes under the mattress to tie up if you was to check the LH site for :nerd_face:

Another vote for the under matress restraints as a great starting point. We’ve done the same as @LRLRL and switched out the basic cuffs for thick, more secure leather ones but try out a cheap set with the velcro to see how you get on with them first.

Got to disagree with this, the one we have has a decent length vertical strap underneath the matress, and spreading legs independently of using the arm restraints works fine. Admittedly, yes, you are restricted to using it on the bed. We have a spreader bar too but it never gets used on the bed as I prefer the under bed restraints as they spread my legs further and don’t in any way restrict access.

Another vote here for the under the mattress restraints. We’ve been using them for years and they’ve kept my wriggly bottom still! Also we have the Bongage Boutique Over-The-Door Soft Cuffs for some vertical play. I don’t recommend the DOMINIX Deluxe Over-The-Door Cross Position Restraint Kit though - I’ve almost concussed myself on more than one occasion whilst trying to set that thing up!

@EmThom92
We drilled into the bedroom wall and attached a metal hoop bust below the top of the headboard so cannot be seen but easily accessible

1 Like

That’s a totally fair challenge. All I would say to that is that if the mood strikes then I don’t want to faff around with adjusting straps etc in the heat of the moment - I’ll just end up not using it. Still not ideal in my opinion, but agree it is doable. I guess to a point that it’s also a preference thing :grinning:

We have a lot of different bits and pieces that are easy to put on and give that level of restraint you are looking for.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/bondage/handcuffs-restraints/wrist-ankle-restraints/p/purple-reins-body-harness-with-wrist-and-thigh-restraint/a40388g73805.html

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/bondage/handcuffs-restraints/wrist-ankle-restraints/p/purple-reins-thigh-wrist-and-ankle-restraint/a40389g73806.html

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/bondage/handcuffs-restraints/wrist-ankle-restraints/p/purple-reins-hogtie-restraint/a36832g68127.html

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/bondage/handcuffs-restraints/spreader-bars/p/purple-reins-20-inch-spreader-bar/a36046g66458.html

all of these are interchangable so you can mix and match the restraints as the mood takes you.

My wife loves the harness as it leaves me in control of her and she has to just relax and enjoy her pleasure.

1 Like

Thank you Soo much everyone for your info!! I have a lot of digging and reading!!