Returning Sex Toy

Hey I have a bit of a problem.

I've been recently got into sex toys lately (gay male) and after buying my first one, I decided to buy more lol.

One of my toys, the inflatable butt plug suddenly stopped working after being forgotten when my new toys turned up and I understand that I could return it within 365 for a refund or replacement.

I have spoken to the live chat for advice and now want a replacement but this will be the first time I'll be sending a parcel in the post office, and I've read that they ask what's inside the parcel? I'm sure it's not on the prohibited list and I would be taking the batteries off.

I will be returning it in the same brown box and with the sticker for freepost returns.

OMG I don't want to admit that it's an inflatable buttplug lmao help me make up a lie!!! I'll be sending the package today! Thanks.

They're only supposed to ask if the parcel contains any prohibited items, not direct questions like what's in the box?

If pushed just say you're returning an unwanted gift, and it contains no prohibited items. That should be enough.

Recommend having a look through this thread for suggestions http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/688749-embarrasment-at-the-post-office/

Lovehoneys Alice suggested saying it's electricals x

Just tell them it's a plastic faulty kids toy .

Car,aeroplane (you decide) If they ask further question

They will then normally ask if it has batteries.

Of course it doesn't .

End of interrogation.

haha you lifesavers! thank you, I'm having fun reading the link provided too! Off I go hahaha, I can't stop smiling!

I had an almost full blown argument with a woman in a post office shortly before Christmas about what was in a parcel i was sending.
She was insistent that she needed to know precisely what was in the box, to which I replied she only needed to know what was not in the box, and what was not in the box was any prohibited items. She then said how could I possibly know what was prohibited and what was not, so I first reeled off the entire list which can be found on the website (fortunately i have a good memory) and then produced a neatly folded copy of said list for her to inspect; which I handed to her and said "if you'd like to familiarise yourself with this policy, I'm sure this queue of people waiting to send christmas gifts won't mind being held up even longer".
I paid my postage and left with a bounce in my step.

Sum Sub wrote:

I had an almost full blown argument with a woman in a post office shortly before Christmas about what was in a parcel i was sending.
She was insistent that she needed to know precisely what was in the box, to which I replied she only needed to know what was not in the box, and what was not in the box was any prohibited items. She then said how could I possibly know what was prohibited and what was not, so I first reeled off the entire list which can be found on the website (fortunately i have a good memory) and then produced a neatly folded copy of said list for her to inspect; which I handed to her and said "if you'd like to familiarise yourself with this policy, I'm sure this queue of people waiting to send christmas gifts won't mind being held up even longer".

Well done mate .I hate jobsworths

Nice one sub!

I regularly get asked "what's in it?" when sending parcels. Though I have only once returned an item to lovehoney, at which point I was not asked.

I believe I would actually tell them, and thoroughly enjoy the squirm and embarrassment coming from them.

BumblebeeBuzzed wrote:

Nice one sub!

I regularly get asked "what's in it?" when sending parcels. Though I have only once returned an item to lovehoney, at which point I was not asked.

I believe I would actually tell them, and thoroughly enjoy the squirm and embarrassment coming from them.

I have been asked once by a younger guy at the desk. I replied "toys". And he asked: "children's?". And I replied: "definitely not! Adults'!" End of conversation. But I much prefer Sum Sub's approach!

Sum Sub wrote:

Good! 👏

Some people at Royal Mail need a refreshers course it seems!

Funnily, I have never been asked about the contents in any French post office (three returns from three post offices - more or less by chance). Though you'd think the rules would be stricter for international shipping, and most probably air mail. Very strange, that...

Great way to handle it, Sum Sub 😄

I sent back an at home IPL device on Friday but couldn't remember what it was called so it sounded like I was sending back a vibrator. "Um...an electrical...health related device?" 😂

When I sent something back to LH I just said I was returning an item bought online. I figure that if it was fine to send to me in the post it should be fine to send back in the post.

So I decided to send the package today and the lady told me to weigh it, the scale was outside the counter between a glass screen and I told her it has a freepost label and she said "I know" without giving me eye contact at all and gave me the receipt as if she already knows the box and where it came from lmao.

Thanks for all the advice guys! She never asked me any questions in the end and glad it went flawlessly!

Its simple just say "nothing prohibited and no batteries", sure?, yes. End of,,,,