Returns---what happens to them?

Lovehoney - Paige wrote:

KinkyMinxMoo wrote:

Some good ideas squishlet.

I was curious about lingerie items that have been discontinued, if not even opened do they get thrown away too? I have some lingerie that I will never wear (some not used or opened as I have purchased more than one) but I don't like the idea (while understanding the reason) that they just get thrown out so I have kept them but it all adds up. I generally ask a friend if she is interested in anything but what do I do with the rest? I feel bad about returning things and have never returned anything but not because I get a perfect fit every time.

squishlet wrote:

I'm sending back a few items of lingerie and I feel guilty that they will be just thrown away :( But they just don't fit properly. However, in my defence, I now have a better idea of how LH sizings work for me, so hopefully should be able to avoid buying things that don't fit in future. It's such a shame, though, as I've literally only tried the items on over my normal underwear. Couldn't lingerie which looks unused (eg still has tags on, like the chemise I'm sending back) be given to a charity shop? Or could things be sent to a textiles recycling facility instead of just being thrown away? Could LH have a fundraising arm where volunteers could wash returned items and give them to charity? Or sell bundles of returned lingerie 'sight unseen, no returns' for a knock-down price as long as buyers know there's no come-back on LH?

Just some ideas. Seems a shame to waste all those lovely items of lingerie if they could somehow be used to raise money or be recycled.

Hello!

Everyone I really can't emphaize enough to NOT FEEL BAD! It is completely fine and it's the exact reason why we have the returns policy. Our products are such a personal choice and we don't want you to be out of pocket!

Things that can't be recycled but are still in a new condition will likely be added to our staff box. Basically one a month all staff at Lovehoney have a rummage and will take home items they would like! It has been on one of our TV series before.. I think the first Frisky Business. Damaged stock, discontinued returns etc will be added in there too. I promise that we try to recycle everything we possibly can. KinkyMinxMoo - this should answer your question too!

The staff box is a great idea, the staff must have some pretty varied items at home, are you like us, we have a wardrobe that really should have a lock on it. Yet another reason why people who work at Lovehoney are sooooo lucky lol