Review help?

Could people tell what they think of my review for BASICS bondage wrists to ankle restraints?

Is it a good or bad review? What i could have done to make it a better review.
Many thanks.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32682&reviewid=115126#customer_reviews

I don't think you're going to get much honest feedback on here unfortunately. People don't seem entirely comfortable with giving out critique. Not to mention different people like reading different reviews, for example I like reading blog length reviews and so find super short reviews a bit useless. Whereas some people like to skim loads of reviews quickly and hate having to trudge through a long review so only want a couple of paragraphs. Some people want to hear all about how great your orgasms were, where some people want a cold and clinical break down of what a product can do. Having all kinds of review is helpful for Lovehoney, so no matter what people on the forum think someone out there is going to find your review useful and someone is likely not to. Just the way it is!

Have you read this guide? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2012/05/17/how-to-write-a-great-product-review/

I find the bullet points at the bottom a great help to check over every review. If you can tick off yes to each point then you're fine!

• Explained what the product does.
  • Described the product's best/worst features.
  • Described your experience using the product.
  • Explained why the product would (or wouldn't) be right for someone else

2 Likes

Overall I like your review. There are one or two things I'd do differently, such as restructure it to have your personal opinion before the description which people can just get from reading the specs. The review as a whole though, I think is really good and you should keep it up!

Edit: The review review! I like that concept

Thank you both for your comments. I have read the review guide. Glad you like my review j-curious. Will think about where to put things in my next review.

Relating to what Jennifer said, can I just say that I love how you can only rate reviews as helpful on Lovehoney, and not unhelpful.

When I've reviewed products on other well known websites I've found it's quite common to get trolls systematically rating everyone's reviews as unhelpful, even if they're really good reviews. It's really put me off writing reviews for other things now, because I always feel like I'm doing something wrong!

But on Lovehoney the positive feedback is very helpful and encouraging :)

Didnt know there was other websites where you can do reviews. I would only want to do reviews for lovehoney.

At the end of the day a review is based on opinion so if you follow the guide and maybe ask yourself the kind of things you wished had been covered of what would be useful to know that's about it really.

Didnt know there was other websites where you can do reviews. I would only want to do reviews for lovehoney.

I'm not talking about sex toy reviews bondagegod, I mean an online retailer which sells DVDs, Books, CDs, electronics, furniture etc just general stuff. Wasn't sure if I could say the name of it! I've reviewed games and essential oils and all sorts on there.

I see what you mean now boogaloo. Guess you wouldnt be able to mention it on here.

I like that you were honest with what could be improved - I prefer looking at the criticims of a product and then deciding if I can deal with them :)

I would maybe vary the sentence length more - sometimes it feels a bit rambly (not that it actually is ramble) because there are lots of long sentences with lots of clauses. Maybe throw in some shorter sentences :)

I always ask myself what I'd want to know if I was considering purchasing that particular product and I'm sure to include that in any review I write.

I think your review was fine given that you couldn't really use it for it's intended purpose. It's always more difficult to write a review for a product that didn't suit you or, in the case of toys etc, didn't do it for you.

Will think about that and the sentences on my next review and see how they look and read in terms of length popk1n.

Thank you terri jj. Think this was a little harder to write coz didnt get on with 100% most of my reviews i have my tester items i always have got on with them and suited us.